TK-77642 reporting for duty!!

After nearly a year, I finally finished my ANH Stunt armor!!

At least enough for basic approval. I have aspirations of moving up to EI and hopefully Centurion levels with my TK, so I'll continue making improvements, I think I'm pretty close to EI already.

Made a couple mistakes along the way, learned that when trimming it's better to err on the side of too big and go back and adjust later if needs be. Had to shim my biceps wider after cutting them too narrow and am actually in the process of shimming one of my shins. Somehow I cut it almost a full inch more narrow (in circumference) at the ankle than the other :6:. It looked fine (a little skinnier) but not really noticeable, but it dug into my ankle pretty bad even with my boots on and I knew I wasn't going to be able to troop with it that way. Some advice to my newb self probably would be, to do a little more research, I always found a better solution shortly after deciding to make a move. But what do you do?? Part of the journey right? Haha!

I learned a lot along the way and I had a lot of great help! Thank you so much everybody that chimed in when I was stuck or asked for advice and to everyone that was always so quick and willing to take time to help, everybody on the FB groups as well!! Troopers truly helping troopers!! I want to give a special shout out to @TK-42775, @justjoseph63, @gmrhodes13, @TKSpartan, @Bud Spaklur, for the all invaluable build info and also my son Jackson, daughter Samantha and also Michelle for always being willing to listen to me drone on and on about my build and always being supportive and cheering me on.

Thanks again everybody! My childhood dream of being a Stormtrooper has finally been realized and I couldn't be happier!!

67211839_10156970041153884_1127203751539507200_o.thumb.jpg.29d951240619a43e52bedfa1d4c154b6.jpg

• Like 2

Once again congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks, "troopers helping troopers' is FISD's motto and we are all happy to help

NOW

Image result for meme pass on what you have learned

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Once again congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks, "troopers helping troopers' is FISD's motto and we are all happy to help

NOW

Image result for meme pass on what you have learned

Thank you so much!! I definitely will!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Awesome job Greg. Congratulations and welcome to the legion :duim:

Thanks Tony!! I couldn't have done it without your build post!! It was definitely my main go to assembly manual!! Oh and thank you for always being so quick to reply when I posted a question on it! Glad to be part of the legion with such a great group of Stormtroopers!!

Way to go Greg!!  :salute:

Fantastic to hear that you are aiming for the higher levels, and we are here for any help you may need on that, brother.  As Glen (Q) mentioned, "Pass on what you have learned".  Now that you have been through the trials and tribulations of building a set of armor and being approved, you are now a part of the FISD family, so we look forward to seeing you stay active on the boards and passing on that knowledge!

• Like 1

Congratulations Greg, yeah man shoot for the top, way to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Way to go Greg!!  :salute:

Fantastic to hear that you are aiming for the higher levels, and we are here for any help you may need on that, brother.  As Glen (Q) mentioned, "Pass on what you have learned".  Now that you have been through the trials and tribulations of building a set of armor and being approved, you are now a part of the FISD family, so we look forward to seeing you stay active on the boards and passing on that knowledge!

Thanks Joseph! I definitely will pass on what I've learned to as many future troopers as possible!! Stoked to be part of the FISD family!!

• 3 weeks later...