Totally new first Build WTF Stunt

So I'm very new and very nervous to start my build officially. I've managed to trim the codpiece part of the back and chest armor. I'm still trying to figure out how much I should trim. Or how much return I should leave. I'm gonna be posting pictures as I go.  I'd love some help and some advice. Thank you all! 

14 minutes ago, CadetNilz said:

So I'm very new and very nervous to start my build officially. I've managed to trim the codpiece part of the back and chest armor. I'm still trying to figure out how much I should trim. Or how much return I should leave. I'm gonna be posting pictures as I go.  I'd love some help and some advice. Thank you all! 

Congrats on getting a WTF kit. I am currently building one and there are so many people here who have built amazing WTF kits. Listen to them for guidance. To upload pics follow this link/tutorial: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

20 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

Congrats on getting a WTF kit. I am currently building one and there are so many people here who have built amazing WTF kits. Listen to them for guidance. To upload pics follow this link/tutorial: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

That was super helpful. Now I just need to figure out how to get the pictures uploaded via the imagur app on my mobile.  Do you have any step by steps from your build? Is there a tutorial on YT you’ve been using?

7 minutes ago, CadetNilz said:

That was super helpful. Now I just need to figure out how to get the pictures uploaded via the imagur app on my mobile.  Do you have any step by steps from your build? Is there a tutorial on YT you’ve been using?

You can totally look at my build. 

But remember this is my first build and there are far better people than me with more experience that have their own threads. You can get at least an idea of what to do if you look at my progress. I follow Sha Sha and Crickets build threads. Their build threads are more tended for smaller people who have to trim down their armor. But it is still an amazing source material for everyone else. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Josh.

It's a lot of fun building a kit, once you made the first few cuts it gets easier and the nervousness will decrease.

A good rule to follow is , measure twice, cut once.

Ask plenty of questions and the help will flow.

Good luck sorting out your photos, if there is one thing we like on FISD it's photos, they help us members give better guidance.

Looking forward to your build thread.

Welcome Josh!  For pictures, I use tapatalk.  You can upload to the forum directly from your phone.  To be honest, imgur annoys me - but it could be my lack of tech savy-ness.  Anyway, yes - once you get the images thing sorted out, post lots of pics and we will do our best to steer you in the right direction.  Good luck with the build!

Hello and good luck with your build! If you can get an image link via the app then maybe you can just paste it to your post?  I use my laptop when needing to post with pictures due to the forum's code handling. 

Also for the cod piece, you'll definitely want to trip enough to be able to stand and walk comfortably without hard plastic or sharp edges making your first troop a very awkward and uncomfortable experience. :P  Test fitting as you go will give you a better idea of where you need to trim