FOTK Executioner Helmet tube stripe slots

Megaphone

Hi everyone. I am in the process of working on my KB helmet, cleaning out some of the debris from the cast in the tube stripe slots, and I am wondering what the rule is on actually cutting out the slots straight through. The wording on the CRL is 'cut out', but I am not sure if it's cut out completely or just recessed. I have seen at least one build thread on here that looks to have been cut out completely, but most of the references images seem to look like it isn't cut all the way through or it's inconclusive. 

I've been approved in both versions up to L3, one is cut out completely, the other the same with a black backing and the last other one is recessed and painted black.

Here is the movie TLJ helmet which was up for auction not so long ago, looks completely cut through to me.

llDBKYG.jpg

Just note keep an eye on the CRL's because they are due for an update and could be very soon.

• Like 1

That's great! Thanks for the information. This seems like the best option for airflow, so I was hoping it was what was done. Just curious, where was this helmet up for auction? Is this something that happens regularly with screen used assets?

That's great! Thanks for the information. This seems like the best option for airflow, so I was hoping it was what was done. Just curious, where was this helmet up for auction? Is this something that happens regularly with screen used assets?

There have been three public auctions over the years - one of which which was a raffle type scenario.

Those that sold in auction went for £50k +

Like all SW Props there is a private dealer market and the buckets occasionally turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 hours ago, Megaphone said:

Hi everyone. I am in the process of working on my KB helmet, cleaning out some of the debris from the cast in the tube stripe slots, and I am wondering what the rule is on actually cutting out the slots straight through. The wording on the CRL is 'cut out', but I am not sure if it's cut out completely or just recessed. I have seen at least one build thread on here that looks to have been cut out completely, but most of the references images seem to look like it isn't cut all the way through or it's inconclusive. 

Cut out

Reference photo

First%20Order%20Stormtrooper%20-%20Helme