dnINXKR.jpg

Shoulder Straps Floating in Back and Elastic Attachment

ipat9dv.jpg

N9CnRel.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a couple of photos I know the DO's like are:

Sniper plate front and both sides.

Thigh ammo strip rivets inside and out.

Just watch your belt placement, it's a little slanted in first image.

Good luck with approval.

• Like 2

Hi Andrew, Looking good trooper, an additional photo that the D.O. surely will ask for is :

Close picture front and back of shoulder bridge as the CRL states

SHOULDER STRAPS

These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.
The rear tab of the shoulder strap is optional and may or may not be present. 

Level two certification (if applicable):
No visible rivets are allowed.

Good luck trooper, see you in EIB.

:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a couple of photos I know the DO's like are:

Sniper plate front and both sides.

Thigh ammo strip rivets inside and out.

Just watch your belt placement, it's a little slanted in first image.

Good luck with approval.

The gun really pulls down on the belt.  Is the gun required to be in the holster for the photos?

Andrew,  looking at you sniper knee, you may want to correct the alignment in advance , this is a common correction I have seen the D.O.s asking for.

As the CRL

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

DhwVrTTx1hWsXTfKDXpWNivX2KD8MASPWudTr4T5

5tQR8Tq7P3bcMds6INAgmormHZPsqgXXvWWmWNLs

Cheers. :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan

2 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Andrew,  looking at you sniper knee, you may want to correct the alignment in advance , this is a common correction I have seen the D.O.s asking for.

As the CRL

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

DhwVrTTx1hWsXTfKDXpWNivX2KD8MASPWudTr4T5

5tQR8Tq7P3bcMds6INAgmormHZPsqgXXvWWmWNLs

Cheers. :salute:

Thanks.

I twisted it down to get better alignment.  I updated photos above.

DWLCaYW.jpg

VsktD5F.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Skookumshot said:

I twisted it down to get better alignment.  I updated photos above.

Excellent  Andrew. Now , just a little patience while the D.O. Team review your application and give feedback.

Good Luck again.

Regards.

Edited by TKSpartan
correct word
  • Like 1

Thanks for your patience Andrew, I'll be going over your application for EIB. Looks like Glen and Mario have given you some great advice. 

Hang tight while I go over everything & I'll get back to you shortly. 

Andrew, 

I'm going to ask for a quick fix before I can continue your app. 

Per the CRL's both new and older versions state "Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area"

Take a look at the reference photo on the right and you'll see what we're looking for. Fortunately with a toothpick, mineral spirits and time you get it looking screen accurate in no time. 

Post the new photos when you get this complete and we'll go from there. 

FSATa3Lm.jpg     ANvWbeym.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, msouza said:

Andrew, 

I'm going to ask for a quick fix before I can continue your app. 

Per the CRL's both new and older versions state "Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area"

Take a look at the reference photo on the right and you'll see what we're looking for. Fortunately with a toothpick, mineral spirits and time you get it looking screen accurate in no time. 

Post the new photos when you get this complete and we'll go from there. 

FSATa3Lm.jpg     ANvWbeym.jpg

How's this?

jk9bofz.jpg

fUk6t5c.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot
  • Like 1

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your application for EIB. It's always great to see fellow troopers taken that extra step to bring their Armor that much closer to screen accurate.  

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

I like to start with the helmet and work my way down, ready lets begin.

Great job on fixing the frown so our first stop are your ears. You can see in the reference photos how the screws align with the front trap and it follows the same line down to the bottom screw as well. 

Reference Image 

xKKG9Wam.jpg  onLtVGGm.jpg       lzzCsJpm.jpg

Last thing on your helmet is your Vocoder, although the paint job itself is awesome... nice clean lines... the paint on the vocoder could definitely stand to come up a bit.  If you notice the ridges, the paint does not go all the way to the top.  It may just be me, but it looks odd.  EASY fix!

XhAgtWM.jpg  KKZqeB8.jpg?2&key=38e25df309a40b8bc5b1cf  VwUILkB.jpg?2

Next I'm going to call attention to the bicep, it looks as if you could bring them up just a bit. I honestly think this is from moving around while taken pictures but it is something to be aware of. You can see in the shot from behind how high up they wore them. 10 bonus points for wearing the thumb print on the left bicep....:smiley-sw013:

Reference Photo 

VBA1Mgmm.jpg       VkRpU2Sm.jpg    i9mKmk8m.jpg

Next we'll move to the butt plate. 99.9% of the time this a strapping issue. If your using elastic strap try switching the outside edge straps to nylon so you have no give on those points and that should give you the nice straight lines...notice a theme...

Reference Image 

GNMxDsim.jpg     kqU2veZm.jpg

The last suggestion I'll give be fore moving onto Centurion requirements is a quick fix that'll make a big difference and that's your cover strips on the shins.

The right one in particular extends past the armor. Take a look at the CRL photos and it shows what you should be aiming for. its trimmed just shy of the bottom with the edges 45 degree angles cut to help things from getting caught up on. 

Reference Photo

Ys8UfuZm.jpg   tjnN9VTm.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Per CRL "There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates." 

While yours are close I'd like to see them a little closer. I think once you adjust the biceps from the suggestion above this will take care if the problem. You can also cut the rest of the return edge from the bottom on the bell and that should bring it in tight. 

Reference Photo

DcCfjv2m.jpg   6lIFhSYm.jpg  

VpNUe41.jpg?1

Next will be your Ab Button Details. 

Per the CRL: "Abdomen armor buttons are integrated and painted directly on the armor. Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

Reference Photos

tvZijgVm.jpg  YweV4k3m.jpg   5oBUtaH.jpg?2

Onto your Kidney/Abdomen section. 

Per the CRL "Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.
A single visible seam line is present."

Yours are extremely close and again I think its from moving prior to your photos but it is something that needs to be addressed before Centurion but its a really easy fix. . 

I looks as if you use Nylon strapping as the base of your snaps but I'm not sure if you use the same material for the top of the strapping. Switching the top strapping to nylon will get rid of the flexibility that allow this. 

TtAm6nYm.jpg   13HuOQrm.jpg

Reference Photos 

4fiFIU5.jpg?1  4PVOmJu.jpg?1  HVDWJKv.jpg?1

Lastly I'm going to request that you adjust your Thermal Detonator 

Looking at the reference photos you can see the details molded into the thermal detonator are more prominent and also has a lot less gray showing on the bottom. The best way I can describe to you would be to picture it as a clock and then move it forward 15 min or 45 deg. I think the easiest way to achieve this would be to re-bend your brackets so the screws are pointing to the ground and the detail piece resembles the reference photos or you could trim the bracket tabs and drill new holes in the bracket and reuse the hole in the pipe. This will leave you three sets of holes but the brackets will cover them and no one will know any better. (In other words fix the orientation of the thermal detonator and I wont see the holes left once the brackets are reinstalled.) 

Reference Photo 

YJGYjMVm.jpg  Si9nlEMm.jpg  ztcHPkW.jpg?1

I know it seems like a lot of "little things" but you've shown your willingness to take your fellow Troopers suggestions and improved your armor that much closer to screen accurate.  From all of us at FISD Deployment Office  - congrats, see you at Centurion, etc

• Like 1

• msouza changed the title to TK-76271 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] #926 APPROVED

Woot!  It's an honour to make EIB. Thanks to everyone for helping me get there. 

You've done a very thorough job of evaluating my armour and the tips on bringing it to the next level are very much appreciated. I will make the necessary changes before sending in my Centurion application.

Thanks.

• Like 1