Where is the correct S trim available now days?

tk0000

SuperTrooper said:

---------

2nd one down.

Thanks Super.

How many feet per helmet? Not that i'm lazy, but my AP bucket is still in the box in the basement.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Depending on how the helmet is trimmed, assembled, etc.. you'll need 28-31 inches. So get 3 feet and have a little extra.

Just a side note, the stuff from Weber's has to be washed before you use it. It comes with a white waxy coating on it.

• 2 months later...

I just got some of the stuff from Webers and I think it's great! It looks way better than the little auto door trim hard plastic stuff that was on my AP when I got it. Plus, the head opening for the AP had been trimmed so the trim stuff didn't even meet in the back. The Webers seems a tad bit smaller than the screen used trim but it does look really good. Also, here and on the MEPD boards (where I first found the link for Webers) people made mention of the white stuff on it. For whatever reason, mine didn't have that stuff on it so it could be they've changed. Not that I'm anybody, but Webers definitely has my vote (especially for $2 a foot)!

Where is the correct S trim available now days? I've seen several post that stock has changed size from some suppliers. Can anyone help me take the guess work out of this please?

Just a quick tip - don't dso what i did and cut it exactly to length..... Cut it about 10mmm toolong and fir it all the way round, then you can squeeze the extra 10mm in for a tight fit that'll never pop out.

I had to glue mine in cos it was too short.