First Order Concepts Requesting Pre Approval Review (KB Props/Anovos)

TK21999

Name - David Souza

Garrison - CCG

Armor - KB Props

Helmet - Anovos

Belt - Belts Of The First Order

Neck Seal - Geeky Pink’s

Boots - Crow Props

Baton - Hasbro

Shield - KB Props (further down page 1) 

Gaskets - Geeky Pink’s

Height - 6’3”

Weight - 200#

TK Type - TFA 

48350660027_7b2dba136b_k.jpg

48350532171_c915f468d9_k.jpg

48350661782_051ae44692_k.jpg

48350530016_9fde281a41_k.jpg

48350661487_cab4413f7d_k.jpg

48350526516_0e872e5318_k.jpg

48350658302_6f8f474c70_k.jpg 

48350525756_d8fe03a317_k.jpg

Edited by FirstOrderConcepts

Nice work came out great, just a few adjustments would make you really shine but I don't think they will hold you up for approval.

Watch the height difference of the thighs.

You could reduce the gap at the elbows a little, bring the forearms up and biceps down.

Shoulder bells could come in a little more at the front to reduce gap to the chest, perhaps shorten the shoulder bell front elastic straps.

On the side photos the thighs look like they have some room in them, not sure if you could reduce the gap.

Spats should sit just under the black oval on shins.

There are a few things missing on the Batons which your GML may or may not pick up on so you could leave that out of your submission pics ;) 

As I say no real hold ups for basic, good luck with approval.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work came out great, just a few adjustments would make you really shine but I don't think they will hold you up for approval.

Watch the height difference of the thighs.

You could reduce the gap at the elbows a little, bring the forearms up and biceps down.

Shoulder bells could come in a little more at the front to reduce gap to the chest, perhaps shorten the shoulder bell front elastic straps.

On the side photos the thighs look like they have some room in them, not sure if you could reduce the gap.

Spats should sit just under the black oval on shins.

There are a few things missing on the Batons which your GML may or may not pick up on so you could leave that out of your submission pics ;) 

As I say no real hold ups for basic, good luck with approval.

Thank you Q! 

I will work on getting those areas fine tuned. Some easy tinkering there. 

Do you have any specs on the baton? It’s been a challenge trying to locate reliable information on it and the riot shield. 

Heres a pic less the baton. My thighs sit level without the weight of the baton pulling down. I’ll look into reducing weight of the baton or adding an extra strap to that thigh. 

48350662867_ea0af77e05_k.jpg

I added an extra nylon strap that I can attach to the thigh for carrying weapons ;) helps to keep them level.

Here are just some of the cosmetic differences if you compare the images:

Front cover too big, screws around first rows of lights, silver clips on ends of flipped arms, wrong number of leds, black square detail, circle detail, top grip different size. 

yewBWHe.png

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I added an extra nylon strap that I can attach to the thigh for carrying weapons ;) helps to keep them level.

Here are just some of the cosmetic differences if you compare the images:

Front cover too big, screws around first rows of lights, silver clips on ends of flipped arms, wrong number of leds, black square detail, circle detail, top grip different size. 

yewBWHe.png

Awesome! I can definitely see the differences now. If it doesn’t hurt my approval for basic I’ll just ride with it. Heck, I have 3 of them. Maybe down the road I’ll sell the 3 to buy/build a 3D printed kit. 

Speaking of differences, I wanted my Trooper to mirror FN-2199. Figured he was just a cool regular TFA FOTK with the baton, shield and blaster. On closer examination of screen shots I noticed many modifications to his armor. No wrist boxes, no right side long belt box, right side small belt box turned horizontal and different cuts to his armor joints. I’m sure it’s all for the mobility of his fight scene. 

• Like 1

You did a very good (and fast!) job on your kit, I hope you are working on a blaster and rubber gaskets so we will see you at EIB and beyond. ;)

Edited by Harbinger

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

You did a very good (and fast!) job on your kit, I hope you are working on a blaster and rubber gaskets so we will see you at EIB. ;)

Thank you Brien. A lot of planning, CA glue and a few 16 hour days really helped to keep things moving along. Plus the world of resources available here made it convenient to get questions answered quickly. I am planning on building a blaster and pistol once I get some more $$$ saved up. Are the rubber gaskets required for Expert? I thought it was a requirement for Centurion. 

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

You are correct, I edited my post, I meant both. You could get to L3 easy, not much extra work.

Cool. I want to make the necessary corrections first and then start on adding better detail before I jump levels (Like cutting out the chest dimples and applying gaffers tape behind them). Plus I want to get a few troops under my belt to show me any hot-spots or fails I need to address. 

Great job David :jc_doublethumbup:

Observations: NOTE: None of these will hold you back from basic approval

1. Shoulder bells should basically be touching the shoulders (see reference photo)

2. Shoulder bells should be level with the shoulders (see reference photo)

3. Right two waist belt boxes should be a bit closer to one another, around 1/4" or less

Support%202.jpg

16 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Great job David :jc_doublethumbup:

Observations: NOTE: None of these will hold you back from basic approval

1. Shoulder bells should basically be touching the shoulders (see reference photo)

2. Shoulder bells should be level with the shoulders (see reference photo)

3. Right two waist belt boxes should be a bit closer to one another, around 1/4" or less

Support%202.jpg

Thank you Tony! I’m working on the bells right now. Thanks for the pic! I have bungee cord loosely holding my right boxes on, so they can flop around a bit. I’ll snug them up to close that gap. 

All the hard work is paying  off  David, almost there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FirstOrderConcepts said:

Adjusted my bells. They kept binding when raised until I swapped the ridged straps to elastic (thank you Q). They move much easier now. 

Excellent!

• Like 1