Questions about a ANH-S build

working on my TK (ANH Stunt) kit over the weekend, and a couple questions came up that I couldn't find answers to.

For the thighs:   Where should the bottom edge of the thigh (not including ammo belt) lie on my leg?  Above the knee?

For the back, is there any gap allowed between the back plate and kidney plate?  if so, how much is acceptable?

Also, are there any return edges that I need to make sure I keep?  

This is a Level 1 build (not interested in going EIB or Centurion).  

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Rookhelm said:

For the thighs:   Where should the bottom edge of the thigh (not including ammo belt) lie on my leg?  Above the knee?

Just above the knee would be a good reference point to start with. Depends on hight and spacing with cod and shins. 

46 minutes ago, Rookhelm said:

For the back, is there any gap allowed between the back plate and kidney plate?  if so, how much is acceptable?

Depends on the overall look, a taller Trooper might need some gap but preferably there’s minimal gap. A good rule of thumb is that if you are a taller Trooper you adjust the shoulder strapping and keeping the torso pieces butted up. 

48 minutes ago, Rookhelm said:

Also, are there any return edges that I need to make sure I keep?  

In general no, the top of the sniperplate is required though and top of the shins would be recomended to leave atleast a few mm. If you’re using the brackets then the torso pieces would need to have them, also leaving them on those areas helps in keeping the armor from overlapping. In general the suits looks better leaving a few mm. With that said there are exceptions such as the wrist ends of the forearms, inner elbow, lower bicep, inner thighs, cod area and lower posterior plate that benefits from having the majority removed. Apart from wrist and inner elbow were all can be removed from the get-go I would suggest to keep some in the other areas and trim more if needed.

Going over the EIB/Centurion applications is great even though not going for those levels as is shows good examples on how the armor should look and fit on a person.

If you posted some pictures of your current state it would help us help you:salute:

• Like 1

Nope to the shoulder straps and if you need to trim a little on the cod piece go for it. I’m assuming you mean making the bottom section smaller and thinner? Whatever is comfortable just don’t go crazy with the cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanted to you could just sand down those shoulder bridges a tad. Nothing crazy. What kit are those bridges from?  

And for the cod, I would round it off some. Just make sure it’s comfortable no matter what you do. 

Hike it up as far as you can, think of it as a ”cup” and if needs be you lower the back plate.

As for shoulder bridges I would trim them straight with the sides to match and cut the ends closer to the last bump. Here’s some shoulder bridge reference for you :salute:

6anyFw4.jpg

On 7/23/2019 at 11:14 AM, Rookhelm said:

For my shoulder straps, do I need to trim anything off these?

ptoBfBW.jpg

rG7NciI.jpg

And for the codpiece, how much can I trim off the underside of this?

Definitely trim. Looks terrible when people forget. AM kits are 'pre-trimmed', but almost everything needs a couple mm taken off. Make sure to trim your Thermal Detonator pieces and handguards down a tad as well, those are also easy to overlook.

IMG_0242.jpg

• Like 2