Hi from Texas

Hi! I haven't purchased a kit yet because I'm still trying to decide which armor I want to buy. Is it possible to have something that will be versatile...for example could ANH armor also be used for a Heavy Weapons Trooper with the right modifications? And then eventually turn it into a Sandtrooper once it becomes all scuffed up?

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the research, looking forward to seeing a build thread from you in the not too distant future

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Maiyen said:

Well, I've done some more research and now I know which vendors are vetted and which to avoid, thanks to this site. Since I'm not a very tall person, are there some vendors who offer smaller helmets over others? I'm afraid of looking like a bobblehead.

Helmets are one size fit all. How tall are you? 

4 hours ago, Maiyen said:

Junos, I’m 5’7”-5’8”.

Im 5'8. The only bobblehead syndrome I've experienced is with the Hasbro Black Series helmet, and that's just because Hasbro made the cheeks a bit wider. (which made the entire sides wider) Each vendor's helmet may vary in size just a little bit, like in gmrhodes13's reply. 

Personally, I wouldn't worry over bobblehead unless, it's Black Series. Have you focused down to a list of vendors you're looking into? No doubt there, people will be able to chime in about helmet size. 

Attached is what that "bobble head" black series looks like. It's not too horrible. IMG_20200129_213020.jpg

Here's what "bobble head" black series looks like with a full set of armor.
Page 2, scroll most of the way down.

Edited by Junos

Thank you for the link, gmrhodes13. That thread makes it appear that they do vary in size, but not much...or at least that was my take on it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Junos, I personally don't think you look like a bobblehead in the BS helmet. Typically, I find that most men don't since you all tend to have more muscular builds; therefore, it looks pretty proportional no matter the height. The vendors that are on the top of my list and why are WTF (lower cost), AP (several women seem to wear his armor) and TM (screen accuracy). So far TM has a slight lead because I'm not so big on the blue-white of some of the others, but maybe I'm wrong about this? I'm just not sure if TM's helmet is bigger because on some of the centurion builds that I've looked at it seems that the helmet looks huge on shorter people. It's bang on for guys who are 5'10" and 180 lbs (and bigger), but I'm more like 135 lbs.

19 minutes ago, Maiyen said:

because TM is my favorite so far.

image.png.d08e03e7865d230843b57447b1d05b6b.pngluke in armor.

My opinion , ( perhaps luke thinks the same ), is that you wont have any problem with your choice, we are here to help you . :salute:

Good luck and looking fordward for your BBB day.

Cheers  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maiyen said:

I'm just not sure if TM's helmet is bigger because on some of the centurion builds that I've looked at it seems that the helmet looks huge on shorter people. It's bang on for guys who are 5'10" and 180 lbs (and bigger), but I'm more like 135 lbs.

That's funny you mention weight, because.. that's how much I weigh.

5'8...  135 lbs...

I thought the Emperor stopped using clones for his armies!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maiyen said:

Ha! That’s funny, Junos!

So which maker do you wear, if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm still waiting for my Big Brown Box and my Medium Brown Box to arrive in the mail, which should be around next month. I ordered a Rogue 1 TK from 850 Armorworks + Helmet by HeadshotProps. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...