Gregory's Anovos ANH stunt TK build

Gregory

After many months I've finally started on my Anovos ANH stunt TK kit build.  Previously I purchased a full kit from another person who never started, for a decent price.  My kit came complete except for boots and blaster.  I looked at the stuff in the big brown box but didn't do much for many months.  I bought some binders and a helmet fan kit. I got my IB boots a couple of weeks ago.  I figured it was time to start trimming.

Last night I finished rough-trimming the armor.  I say that because I didn't trim to the line, just outside of it, so I can sneak up on it using my bench sander.  Otherwise I've been studying the instructions, and familiarizing myself with the parts.  I think I have everything, I might be missing the small ab button strip.  Still looking for it.

Previously my first costume was an ESB Boba Fett I built from scratch in about 13 months.  Then a Resistance X-Wing Pilot, mostly self-made, and then an Old Obi-Wan Kenobi, also self-made.  Felt a need for another 501st costume when I stumbled across this kit.
Wish me luck!

Welcome to FISD Gregory .  What a good new that your'e going to join the Stormtroopers.

If you haven't done yet, you can  request acces to the forum so you can check for building threads and post your own project and recieve some feedback from very experienced people here.

Good luck and welcome again.  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, posting a thread in the build sections is a good way of receiving feedback, so you know you are on the right track ;)

Good luck with the build

• Like 1

Hey Gregory welcome to the FISD. Looks like you've been given some helpful info already. Let us know if we can be of more assistance. 

Edited by ukswrath

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Welcome to FISD Gregory .  What a good new that your'e going to join the Stormtroopers.

If you haven't done yet, you can  request acces to the forum so you can check for building threads and post your own project and recieve some feedback from very experienced people here.

Good luck and welcome again.  :smiley-sw013:

Um, isn't this the build thread forum section? I thought that's what I was doing.

Good to hear you are getting started!  If you have not already seen it, check out ukswrath's thread for his Anovos build.  It's very detailed.

Good luck.  Be sure to post lots of pics and ask tons of questions,

PS, yeah, you are in the right place for build threads.  I think he meant that if you request 501st member access, you will be privy to even more threads.

• Like 1

OK, understood, I requested and was granted 501st member access.  Thanks for the tips.

Over the last couple of days I assembled my belt and TD, and painted and glued on my button strips (having found the small one).  Last night I spent a few hours finish trimming my parts with snips and sanding the edges. 

Then today after spending some time continuing on that, I realized I didn't have my butt plate.  Looked everywhere.  I think it must have been missing when I bought the kit.  That's going to slow me down a bit.  I can probably make one but it'll be hard to get the material to match.  Anovos's ABS is pretty white.

• 5 weeks later...