Scout's HWT Build

YourScout

I am building this to be 100% accurate with the Battlefront 2 (2004) Shock Trooper, which is what I think the heavy weapons trooper should be in general

I recently comissioned WoodChuck to build me a fantastic Minimag PTL Launcher

-------------

This HD version was based on the First Trike Mod's PTL Launcher. 

Since the PS2/XBOX versions were low detail, I had woodchuck make a much sharper version based on the Battlefield First Strike mod

37578a.png

Painted it

bf27d819329d10988fe94d5aba1ed10c.png

And now I am just awaiting my backpack for the final submission photos.. Thank you for viewing

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great!

At 8 1/2 lbs you wont be carrying that long at troops. 

I like the HWT for the workout. Cause it's a workout.

3 hours ago, magni said:

Looks great!

At 8 1/2 lbs you wont be carrying that long at troops. 

I like the HWT for the workout. Cause it's a workout.

Haha Im slowly getting used to the weight, ill be conditioning myself to carry it coming this convention

Switching hands and putting it down like a DLT seems to work though if I get tired, nevertheless, its a beautiful addition to my HWT build, no matter the weight :D

• Like 1

That may be a bit much for a Heavy Weapons Trooper, but I admire your zeal!  As they say, sometimes less is more...  As per the CRL for level 2 (and Basic in my opinion) the armor and bucket should be .."lightly scuffed (battle worn) but not weathered like a Sandtrooper".

Here are some examples:

joshsurf TK 27726                                                   Templar726  TK 72627                                          justjoseph63 (me)  TK 10973

R62S3oE.jpg?1 ORCRoKN.jpg?1   aAqLqGq.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

That may be a bit much for a Heavy Weapons Trooper, but I admire your zeal!  As they say, sometimes less is more...  As per the CRL for level 2 (and Basic in my opinion) the armor and bucket should be .."lightly scuffed (battle worn) but not weathered like a Sandtrooper".

Here are some examples:

joshsurf TK 27726                                                   Templar726  TK 72627                                          justjoseph63 (me)  TK 10973

R62S3oE.jpg?1 ORCRoKN.jpg?1   aAqLqGq.jpg

Do you reccomend anything for painting? Using a sponge, ect

I used a dry brush and sponge for my sandy with water based acrylic paint, once it dries you can dry rub with a sponge to remove areas not needed, great if you want paint to stay in grooves and crevasse . Small amount of paint on a dry sponge is good for flat sections which only need a scuff.

I've seen others use graphite powder and charcoal, really it's what every you feel the more confident of using. 

What I use is something I ran across at the Dollar Store.  I saw a small thing of women's black eyeshadow(?) and thought "Hey, that could work" so I purchased that and something called a "blush brush" there to apply it with.

It stays on really well (although it can smear a bit) but can easily be removed if you want to go shiny white TK with a household cleaner like Fantastic.  I touch it up a bit every 6-8 troops and it works perfect.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:28 AM, YourScout said:

-----------

Is this better weathering?

MUCH!  :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...