Commander Pyre Black Series Verison

heartstopper85

Good afternoon;

I just bought a Jim Kit from a member that was allergic to fiberglass and needed cash for an ABS kit

I'm going to build it as a Commander Pyre as it would be seen on screen

I'm guessing I'm gonna have a lot of push back to get this approved since only the figure and cartoon exist as of now. I would think we have enough info though to determine how this kit should look in real life.

Just a TFA Stormtrooper with a funky gold and matte black paint job. The parts are all exactly the same so I plan to write the CRL and plead my case.

Edited by heartstopper85
  • Like 1

Will you be putting your shins and spats on you wrong legs/ankles? I think this is a BS error. Will you follow the animated shin version? I prefer the double shin box version.

6143812cf112a0140a1cd3e68f7aaa14.jpg&key=bba2400c7b564e03122732666ccadf769264e6d56e706e685287c42f0b6ac8e2

254bdd157728322e8bd1325645ca27df.jpg&key=4ea9aa6d5081abce57f3d654e5c52d17d4563b07307b154308ffb61c8d87b5cd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There has been costumes approved in the past with only reference being a figure and there is the realistic/screen version figure available from Galaxy Edge, that being said it is entirely up to the LMO's who have the final say on a characters approval.

You will need to supply references front, back and sides of the figure: 

Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back. When in doubt, email and ask LMO@501st.com, providing all reference for the character in question.

Here is info on new to the legion costumes https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

There are a couple of build threads on Pyre but no recent updates.

Good luck and looking forward to the build.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Dustin...if you need any specific shots from the BS figure let me know. I know you took some great reference shots at SWCC but I have the BS figure in hand. I have the 3.75in too for comparison.

7fa9f76976bc496d3c2f046ab7e3081b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm kinda debating selling kit as well.

Got it in great deal but also have mountain trooper from that same set to work on so idk kinda torn especially with odd leg issue

My best guess would be the art mocked up for animator reference is more correct but who knows

Was hoping they would have more different characters in park by now

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

There has been costumes approved in the past with only reference being a figure and there is the realistic/screen version figure available from Galaxy Edge, that being said it is entirely up to the LMO's who have the final say on a characters approval.

You will need to supply references front, back and sides of the figure: 

Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back. When in doubt, email and ask LMO@501st.com, providing all reference for the character in question.

Here is info on new to the legion costumes https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

There are a couple of build threads on Pyre but no recent updates.

Good luck and looking forward to the build.

What costume was approved solely off toy reference? I've only seen either movie, game or comic. Toys figures are usually based off the three I just mentioned, not to mention generally aren't accurate enough. 

7 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

What costume was approved solely off toy reference?

I believe there had been a couple of clone versions but that was some time ago and I can't remember exactly which.

BUT there was FO Elite Stormtrooper (unless I missed it in the movie) but I think he had friends above ;) There's 2 in the legion.

FOE 0 FullSuit.jpg

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I believe there had been a couple of clone versions but that was some time ago and I can't remember exactly which.

BUT there was FO Elite Stormtrooper (unless I missed it in the movie) but I think he had friends above ;) 

FOE 0 FullSuit.jpg

You're correct, totally forgot about that guy

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Moving this thread over to the new Commander Pyre section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/230-commander-pyre-build-threads/