14166's Anthology TK Build Thread - Part of the SCG Group Build!

1 hour ago, TheRascalKing said:

Nice dude! I think you're like literally just a few days ahead of me or near on my pace! I plan on doing my strapping very similar as well. How'd you attach the sniper knee, Velcro as well?

Looking good!

I think so! 
You’ll like the set up, it definitely relives the worries about the cracks. 

So I have the knee plate glued to the left half of the calf, I didn’t glue down the end pieces so the calf piece can still move around. 

ZPUU3lY.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright so its been a while since I have updated this... But nonetheless I have made some great progress with this project!

I got back all my parts back from my painter. 

(Also, I don't know why these are links... I tried to get them in this thread.)

First thing I did was glue the back cover strips on the thighs again.

https://imgur.com/eTt6Dc1

Then I assembled the forearms using the same technique as I did for my calves.

https://imgur.com/31jn5F0

https://imgur.com/NVnJQc7

Then got to it on the helmet. I hollowed out the tube strips and placed a cotton under it to help it breathe more.

https://imgur.com/cyeDMRy

https://imgur.com/xW68blN

And the gap on the chin.

https://imgur.com/YPmXNQ8

Inside for the lenses i decided to go with the default lenses that Anovos sends in its helmet kits.

https://imgur.com/JZtDMBZ

And finally it all comes together in a fit test!

https://imgur.com/2SgsgpY

https://imgur.com/r5JkiMU

After this last test, I got a couple of things I need to fix... The sides of my barrel need to be cut down even more, so the tops of the side of the barrel dont peek over the side connectors.

And I need to bring mt shoulder bells in a little closer.

Other then all of that, I'm so close to done! Thanks for checking this out, looking forward to any comments.

Edited by TK 14166
  • Like 3

Looking great! It's awesome seeing your progress!

For the calves (and forearms), did you glue or velcro the front at all, or is it only the elastic holding the halves together? I'm thinking about doing that too, but I'm not sure that the halves will stay butted up together properly without velcro or glue.

Looking great! It's awesome seeing your progress!

For the calves (and forearms), did you glue or velcro the front at all, or is it only the elastic holding the halves together? I'm thinking about doing that too, but I'm not sure that the halves will stay butted up together properly without velcro or glue.

Thanks!

For the front half of the calf and the forearms the elastic is glued down with zap-a-gap.

It holds together pretty well and I haven’t had any issues with it.
Even after of taking the armor off and on.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! Good luck!

Are you not bothering with the side plates until EIB? According to the CRL, you're fine without them for level 1, so why not lol.

I think your center ammo boxes look a little closely spaced, compared to the others. But again, the CRL doesn't say anything about spacing! How did you attach them? I haven't decided yet...

So excited for you!

• Like 1

Just edited your post as your images couldn't be seen. "direct link" works best for posting images ;) 

Great work, good luck with approval

• Like 1

Looks great! Good luck!

Are you not bothering with the side plates until EIB? According to the CRL, you're fine without them for level 1, so why not lol.

I think your center ammo boxes look a little closely spaced, compared to the others. But again, the CRL doesn't say anything about spacing! How did you attach them? I haven't decided yet...

So excited for you!

Thank you thank you!

Which side plates, the black ones? They’re on there.

But for my boxes I riveted them in the back.

I was looking at the pictures again and I can see how you would see it because of how much they blend in. Lol

Trust me the way to go.

But with my TD I also did rivets..
I really wanted to do something else so I always had the option to remove it, but I couldn’t think of any great way to attach it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hells yesssss, looking awesome. The spacing on the ammo boxes looks fine to me. I also attached my ammo boxes with rivets but late had to switch to screws because the rivets came loos on some of the boxes from bending over. I attached my TD with screws so I could remove it. I don't think I ever added the pics to my build thread so I will do so over the next few days. If you decide to go this route, you can always drill out the rivets and replace them with the screws but if the rivets work for you then roll with it. Great job, looking forward to your EIB.

• Like 1

I will add these on my build thread as well. So here is my TD mounted to the hard back belt. Notice the 4 screws, this is how they are mounted.

zmP9kgR.jpg

You will need the following:

4ea #8-32 x ¼” T-nuts

4ea #8-32 x ½” Combo Truss Head Zinc Machine Screws

PC-7 Two-Part Epoxy Resin

Dike pliers (Cutting)

Drill with ¼” drill bit

Dremel with cutting arbor

220 grit sandpaper

BfYqu6x.jpg

First, I placed the TD on the hard belt properly centered and aligned and traced the outline of the mount on the belt with a pencil.

lfPCMfw.jpg

Next, I drilled 4 corner holes on the mounting face of the TD to create a box large enough to get my fingers or tools inside the TD but also leaving enough material on the mounting surface for the T-nuts to bond with.

Next, I used the Dremel to connect the 4 drilled holes thereby creating the square hole. Using 220 grit sandpaper I rounded the edges of the new hole and I rouged up the inside of the TD where the T-nuts will mount.

Next, I marked on the back hard belt where the machine screw holes will be in relation to the traced outline of the mount and where the square hole was made. Be sure you leave enough space around the edges for the T-nut to fit inside the TD and not hit the walls of the TD mount.

Next, using the ¼” drill bit, drill the 4 screw holes in the hard belt.

Next, hold, tape in place, clamp, or brace the TD properly aligned to the hard belt and drill through the hard belt to drill the screw holes in the TD.

Next, using a dike pliers (cutting), cut the 4 prongs off the T-nuts as close to the surface as you can.

cERrsjd.jpg

Next, mix up 2 tablespoons of PC-7 (1 tablespoon of each component A & B).

Next, using a finger smooth some of the PC-7 inside the TD where each T-nut will mount. Insert each T-nut from the inside of the TD to protrude through each ¼” hole, then smooth the remainder of the PC-7 on top of the T-nuts blending the PC-with the inside of the TD to completely bond the T-nuts with the TD and let it cure overnight.

Lastly mount the TD to the hard belt with the machine screws. This allows for you to remove the TD if you need to.

I used this same method for the ammunition boxes on the front hard belt.

jP89nK8.jpg

I hope this helps for anyone looking to mount stuff with screws.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello there!

Been a while since I’ve posted here...
However I come with great news, my local GML’s have approved my anthology TK today and I am the first one approved in the garrison and our build group!

Thank you all for the interest and advise you have given me through out this build.
I’ll get some pictures posted soon!

Long live the Empire!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there!

Been a while since I have gotten to post here to update the thread with my final picture's and I do apologize for that. But I finally got the chance to take photo's!

I also got something from TrooperBay as well due to Mandalorian S2 inspired me to get it for the fun of it till it gets added to the CRL.

7T1pzxc.jpg

T5BiKl1.jpg

9EDsexR.jpg

And now for my Mandalorian inspired TK.

zlcnqt4.jpg

k6DoWeV.jpg

IPNqr2X.jpg

hhI0rXT.jpg

gOkUoN4.jpg

PMDK4yw.jpg

YQgyVbr.jpg

ySBvdJY.jpg

DBrNUiR.jpg

Thank you again guys for the intrest and help in this. I'm very happy to have this project closed and ready for troops when we can get back into it!

Now off to the next project!

Edited by TK 14166
  • Like 1

Very nice work Matt, great set of photos.

Hopefully you do get to christen it with your first troop soon.

Thanks for the update :salute:

• Like 1