[60+] TK-61490 "TheRascalKing"'s Troop Log

73. Aliso Niguel Winter Formal - Irvine, CA - Sat. 2/4/23 (ANH-S TK #46, FTE #55)

tzuL6Et.jpg

d61iIoO.jpg

@Gh0stxxiv, @TattooedStormtrooper, @Starkiller, @Dsposato0 and I had a blast providing extra security for this Star Wars-themed high school winter formal dance in our community this weekend!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...

*Southern California Garrison Photo Shoot - "Endor" Theme, Porter Ranch, CA - 3/5/23

Not a troop, but figured I'd share some photos from a recent photo shoot event for the Southern California Garrison that @KC Grim organized with an "Endor" theme. Understandably, attendance from the Pathfinder's Detachment was excellent, with both the Detachment Leader, @BikerScout007 and our Garrison Commanding Officer @ramey making it out as well. It was nearly a two hour drive up from south Orange County to north Los Angeles County, but @Dsposato0 (with his recently submitted ROTJ Scout!) and I carpooled and the location was beautiful and green after recent rains. It was also pretty easily accessible, considering we had armor and... a full size speeder bike to haul up there! Super cool and big ups to @mrpoopie and @JollyRajR for making that happen. Credit and many thanks to KC for these incredible photos and edits. In all of the photos, I'm the TK on the right unless otherwise noted. Enjoy.

Dyb6URJ.jpg

@Surfintrooper

JZJyWH9.jpg

@TK-12248 above, and both he (left) and I (right) below!

HmjcTQj.jpg

hPJCa9I.jpg

bR2TgnI.jpg

IZgEPXl.jpg

idIROUv.jpg

There were HUNDREDS of beautiful shots that were the result of this super fun day, but I picked just a few of my favorites (especially with TKs) to share! It was well worth the drive for the fun of spending time with these awesome people (and sharing some In-N-Out burgers after) and the incredible photos to show for it!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 11

43 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

Truly incredible pix!!! I bet someone would share them on the FISD Insta if social media consent was given...

@KC Grim / @citizenkace had said that they are okay to share if credited properly! I bet he'd be stoked if you shared them. Fantastic Imperial propaganda materials haha

Thanks all! I just showed up and stood around in armor but a lot of awesome people made this happen and we had some fantastic looking troopers and props. I'll get @Morgi a link to more!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 4

74. Community Science Night - Orange, CA - Fri. 4/28/23 (ANH-S TK #47, FTE #56)

KeDcsVM.jpg

p5qiwOZ.jpg

Mere seconds later, poor @TattooedStormtrooper walked right into a chair lol

sRn41gY.gif 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Mere seconds later, poor @TattooedStormtrooper walked right into a chair lol

sRn41gY.gif 

I did that on my very first troop, but someone happened to be sitting in the chair.

• Like 1

• TheRascalKing changed the title to [50+] TK-61490 "TheRascalKing"'s Troop Log

75. City of Mission Viejo Star Wars Day - Mission Viejo, CA - Thu. 5/4/23 (ANH-S TK #48, FTE #57)

qSNXGGB.jpg

ZMXTu04.jpg

I have a fun game where I have my wife (the Jawa in the photo actually!) try to guess which stormtrooper I am in photos with other TKs. It's especially fun because I often troop with other TKs whose armor I've worked on or built (usually from Anovos or RS) and who are of a similarly proper build for this costume. So it can be a challenge even for her (who has taken several of my L2/L3 submission photos and knows the CRLs as well as I do!), and frankly, I take that as the highest compliment. 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 6

On 5/5/2023 at 8:40 PM, revlimiter said:

You guys are seriously nigh identical. Down to the height.

We have a really solid group of TKs in Southern California, but especially the OC Squad. They don't just hand those Armorer badges out, but I'd like to think it shows in my Squad and we try to look good!  :duim:

76. Star Wars Day at the OC Zoo - Orange, CA - Sat. 6/10/23 (ANH-S #49, FTE #58)

The OC Zoo troop is one of my absolute favorite events of the year, and the largest single day of fundraising for the Zoo as well. One of their directors is a huge fan (goes to Celebration, all that) and they go all out with decorating and activities, but this was the first time they've hosted since 2019 due to the pandemic and then major renovations. We had a line out the front gates and well down the path out front - over 50+ costumers from the 501st, RL, and MMCC, like 4 Road Squadron decorated cars parked out front, R2/Droid builders, GA, and some incredible outfits from guests too.

C7Lk5Jl.jpg

vvlwTmA.jpg

e6ma5rr.jpg

Strong showing from the FISD with I think 6 total TKs, plus a GA FOTK!

Kk9SpEb.jpg

The zoo keepers are super cool and usually let us handle some of their more friendly animals. I got to hold a porcupine one year!

Go5QKVw.jpg

lk06MjU.jpg

QoLllOa.jpg

It was also a perfect opportunity for one of our Tusken members to show off his Massif puppy puppet (so cool). We had a small horde of Jawas as well, including my wife.

QOAU71a.jpg

Photos include myself, TK-61490, and FISD members: TK-20413, TK 83751 @fishgoh0nk, TK-82077 @TattooedStormtrooper, TK-3399, and TK-45528. Most of these aren't me but were the better photos I found with TKs in them. It was nice to see @Harbinger as well while he was in town!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

76. Star Wars Day at the OC Zoo - Orange, CA - Sat. 6/10/23 (ANH-S #49, FTE #58)

The OC Zoo troop is one of my absolute favorite events of the year, and the largest single day of fundraising for the Zoo as well. One of their directors is a huge fan (goes to Celebration, all that) and they go all out, but this was the first time they've done the event since 2019. We had a line out the front gates and well down the path out front, over 50+ costumers, like 4 Road Squadron decorated cars parked out front, and people brought some incredible costumes. 

C7Lk5Jl.jpg

vvlwTmA.jpg

e6ma5rr.jpg

Strong showing from the FISD with I think 5 total TKs, plus a GA FOTK!

Kk9SpEb.jpg

The zoo keepers are super cool and usually let us handle some of their more friendly animals. I got to hold a porcupine one year!

Go5QKVw.jpg

lk06MjU.jpg

QoLllOa.jpg

It was also a perfect opportunity for one of our Tusken members to show off his Massif puppy puppet (so cool). We had a small horde of Jawas as well, including my wife.

QOAU71a.jpg

The owl, sure I'll hold that.  The snake. nope and nope!

Bart

48 minutes ago, BAZINGA said:

The owl, sure I'll hold that.  The snake. nope and nope!

Bart

It's a "nope rope" hahaaaa

The snake was fine - they tried to hand me a kestrel (small bird of prey) and it immediately began trying to bite me through my (not rubber) gloves. I gave it back. XD 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

That looks like the most fun troop possible! Fantastic pix! And I too would hold the snek as long as it was chill and happy.

There was a cockatiel (I think, or other fancy parrot) at a recent troop who seemed interested in posing with me until the cage was opened. Then it was full of NOPE and couldn't get away from the eager plastic spaceman fast enough. I was content to just be beside it for the pic.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 2:28 PM, TheRascalKing said:

It's a "nope rope" hahaaaa

The snake was fine - they tried to hand me a kestrel (small bird of prey) and it immediately began trying to bite me through my (not rubber) gloves. I gave it back. XD 

I got to hold the kestrel, super glad to have been wearing biker gloves!

(Cue the kestrel run jokes!)

Edited by Harbinger

77. Tustin Meadows 4th of July Parade - Tustin, CA - Tue. 7/4/23 (ANH-S #50, FTE #59)

scCsBRP.jpg

VAvzk05.jpg

KlJ5o31.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

*TX-41691 Space Marine Re-Enlistment Ceremony - San Clemente, CA - Tues. 8/15/23

Not an official event, but figured I'd share some fun pics if you missed them on Facebook. FISD members of the Southern California Garrison and Imperial Sands Garrison showed up in force to support a friend and confuse some surfers. Our club brother Lucas is the kind of awesome, outgoing guy that you know would show up in plastic spaceman armor to support you in a heartbeat if you asked and he deserved a proper sendoff to go become a Space Marine for the glory of the Emperor. Wishing him the absolute best on his branch transfer from the Marines and re-enlistment into Space Force, and upcoming training in Colorado.

Photos by Karen S. (1st) and Zachary D. (remaining) 

Ap5IcpR.jpg

AwCabdr.jpg

eONdfET.jpg

TXYxgG8.jpgYdUaPNW.jpg

Some fun facts by the numbers! In these photos there are:
- 11 ANH-S Stormtroopers & 1 Inferno Squad Cdr. Iden Versio (Lucas' girlfriend)
- 2 additional Marines in armor
- 4 EIB & 3 Centurions
- 2 GMLs & 2 FISD Attaches
- 5 different armor makers (ATA, RS, Anovos, MTK, AP)
- 3 troopers who appeared in The Mandalorian
- 5 troopers who appeared in Obi Wan Kenobi
- 2 out of 6 total FISD Armorers
- 1 trooper who it was her first time wearing her armor out, all the way up to a GML who has been trooping for almost a decade
- troopers who live less than 20 minutes away, to troopers who drove at least an hour to arrive by 7am

Pretty cool turnout to support our buddy during his ceremony!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 5

• TheRascalKing changed the title to [60+] TK-61490 "TheRascalKing"'s Troop Log

78. OC Sea Country Festival - Laguna Niguel, CA - Sat. 8/26/23 (ANH-S #51, FTE #60)

plBwrGo.jpeg

pJbZGlo.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

*Southern California Garrison Photo Shoot - Brea Olinda High School, Brea, CA - 9/30/23

Our Garrison got together again for a group photo this past weekend - for the first time in 6 years! While we number at 421 (ha!) active members currently, we've been as large as 500 and had something like 92 members make it out on a rainy Saturday morning to make this photo happen. Big thanks to our GCO, Ramey @ramey, GXO Nic, Rob S., and Jason C., for facilitating the event and to Brea Olinda High School for once again allowing us to use their facility.

Huge thanks to KC @KC Grim, who helped arrange the photo and videographers, Graham Futerfas, Mike Gratzmiller, and John Pingry. There's a pretty awesome video out there, including our march out and some drone footage but unsure how to share it here.

We were also able to have the event create some good in the world as well, as we welcomed a student at the high school, A.J., who is a huge Star Wars fan, but also unfortunately battling cancer. We presented him with his own helmet and he got to take several photos with him front and center with all of us. He was stoked and it was a great day.

4WDudsn.jpg

I shared on the Detachment Facebook as well, but one of the best photos of the day was taken (and edited delightfully) by Bender @TK6682 of the stormtroopers of the SCG that made it out that day. Ray C. @RCMUSTANG had the idea for the photo after recently crafting the gladius he's holding. I don't think he's made the HoF yet, but hopefully we can nominate others!

j2LDkbu.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

*Southern California Garrison Photo Shoot - Brea Olinda High School, Brea, CA - 9/30/23

Our Garrison got together again for a group photo this past weekend - for the first time in 6 years! While we number at 421 (ha!) active members currently, we've been as large as 500 and had something like 92 members make it out on a rainy Saturday morning to make this photo happen. Big thanks to our GCO, Ramey @ramey, GXO Nic, Rob S., and Jason C., for facilitating the event and to Brea Olinda High School for once again allowing us to use their facility.

Huge thanks to KC @KC Grim, who helped arrange the photo and videographers, Graham Futerfas, Mike Gratzmiller, and John Pingry. There's a pretty awesome video out there, including our march out and some drone footage but unsure how to share it here.

We were also able to have the event create some good in the world as well, as we welcomed a student at the high school, A.J., who is a huge Star Wars fan, but also unfortunately battling cancer. We presented him with his own helmet and he got to take several photos with him front and center with all of us. He was stoked and it was a great day.

4WDudsn.jpg

I shared on the Detachment Facebook as well, but one of the best photos of the day was taken (and edited delightfully) by Bender @TK6682 of the stormtroopers of the SCG that made it out that day. Ray C. @RCMUSTANG had the idea for the photo after recently crafting the gladius he's holding. I don't think he's made the HoF yet, but hopefully we can nominate others!

j2LDkbu.jpg

Incredible photots!!! :wub:

• Like 1