Shocktrooper build advise needed

Ok so I have a AM 4.5 kit I’m turning into a shocktrooper. That said I just need some advise on one part. I plan on using some white e-6000 to join the kidney to the butt piece then that’s when I need some advise. I see how the molding goes all along the armor plates of the front and most of the sides. So I’m thinking I can trim it way back and leave a good 2” or so gap between the front and back and not do the clam shell like we do in the OT for ANH & ESB. I don’t see a “gap” specific width so I feel as long as it’s uniform and not ridiculous it can fly. Seems it will be more comfortable as well since we need to join the armors kidney and butt plate. I would love to hear some ideas or people giving advise thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Robert.

So what you're saying is you want to cut off plastic that's there to make a gap on purpose? 

As it's styled from a ROTJ torso the u-trim is added and a obvious gap is present. I'd leave the gap as small as possible if I was making it.

Glad to see another EU TK coming along.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hi Robert.

So what you're saying is you want to cut off plastic that's there to make a gap on purpose? 

As it's styled from a ROTJ torso the u-trim is added and a obvious gap is present. I'd leave the gap as small as possible if I was making it.

Glad to see another EU TK coming along.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

I was just wondering since I seen a centurion ROTJ and the gap was like 2” on both sides. It just seems since the kidney and the butt plate need to be fused together it may help with mobility. I have some good movie screenshots of some ROTJ I’ll just try to get as close to that as I can.

Cool Ive built 2 ANH, ESB and a sandtrooper so this ROTJ style is a little weird and I’d like to ask before cutting because you can’t put it back lol

• Like 1