TK-16566 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (924)

Ooops - been told I have to apply for Expert Infantry before I can apply for Centurion, so here's all the pics and info over here in this thread. :smiley-sw013:

Thanks!

Name: Simon Phipps

Forum name: simorph

Legion ID: 30878

Garrison: UK Garrison

EIB Application: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46398-simes-anh-tk-build/

E11 Build: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46398-simes-anh-tk-build/

• Armor = RWA
  • Helmet= RWA
  • Blaster= Doopy-doos + Tino Finishing Kit

• Height = 5'10"
  • Boots = Roamers Equestrian Boots dyed white
  • Canvas belt = RWA
  • Hand Plates = RS Props gloves with flexible hand guards
  • Electronics= TRamp
  • Neck Seal = RWA
  • Holster = Scratchbuilt

Full clearance image album here: https://imgur.com/a/q0bp6uR

Additional details image album here that should cover all Centurion app questions: https://imgur.com/a/RWgk4mm

FULL BODY

Front – Arms at side

SMKCqQK.jpg

Left – Arm raised

4IC8VQP.jpg

Right – Arm raised

DCKnyCa.jpg

Back – Arms at side

2JCTw31.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm raised

Ha6wJAu.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm Raised

eJ1PkBJ.jpg

ARMOR DETAILS

Abdomen Details

dnggPXb.jpg

Action Shot

my8oUtZ.jpg

Ab/Kidney Attachment – Button Orientation

Kidney Plate Notch

7PLwpFR.jpg?1

9WJL8kw.jpg?1

Butt/Kidney – Fixed: Yes/No

Yes - Butt and Kidney are separate

jKp9pG1.jpg

Hand Plates

PDhEtRS.jpg

8xAY58s.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Back

2gForFc.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Front

dQva0BU.jpg

Thigh Pack Attachment

8DXZwuo.jpg

jOZssEV.jpg

5wPNUSz.jpg

RMtCzSI.jpg

qPKGNn8.jpg

wIVLGaL.jpg

Knee Plate

kEiwZNt.jpg

9V97juK.jpg

EzYYHlv.jpg

TJ1AEX4.jpg

Drop Box Back

S7H32bN.jpg?1

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

HWIhJz5.jpg

f4hAU6t.jpg

1ECSRDu.jpg

(Note - exterior brass rivet is cosmetic - I didn't want to put strain on the armour, so glued a snap plate over it to take the actual strain.)

pJ33rwj.jpg

Interior Strapping

Back/Chest Connection

(Additional snaps around outer corners of the butt/kidney are redundant - that was experimenting with best attachment points for best fitting of butt plate - I plan to remove those)

DyZC90Y.jpg?1

rE1DQUH.jpg

Wrist side of forearms

5PVnZLd.jpg

QENpqPT.jpg

HELMET DETAILS

Front

tiBfmfs.jpg

Side – Left/Right

jZT7Z1l.jpg

aN8zYZc.jpg

Back

91CatAC.jpg

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

6DHYyS7.jpg

Ohx7DKo.jpg

9KKU2yI.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit if required)

WjGdqIr.jpg

aqCPs7t.jpg

S-Trim

XaRjH1o.jpg

BLASTER DETAILS

Blaster – Right

Mfils6p.jpg?1

Blaster - Left

esTfc5w.jpg?1

ACCESSORIES DETAILS

Neck Seal

jJriTnF.jpg

Thermal Detonator – Back

Jp3iPHk.jpg

DRdGW3z.jpg

qYQ4GS7.jpg

cbRgbB3.jpg

Holster Attachment

S7H32bN.jpg?1

u4h2RF2.jpg

Edited by simorph
Added extra photos

Yep, my bad - amended in the original post.  Username here is 'simorph' - I was using my Mercs id on the UKG site and completely got mixed up.

Thanks!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, simorph said:

This is also a link to your build thread and not a previous EIB.

I will also need some additional photos - with that said, I´ll bee your D.O during this endavour:salute:

# Right/left side detail - arms raised.

# Inside ammo pack fixings.

# Hovi mic detail - both of them.

# Inside pic showing the cod and posterior fixings. 

• Like 1

Sorry my bad - didn't realise that EIB meant what it was when I accidentally filed Centurion app, so subbed in build thread in that field.

On the right/left detail with arms raised - what's the difference between that and zooming in on the full body pic? Just querying so I know what you might be looking for that's not in the full body pic? Thanks!

1 hour ago, simorph said:

Sorry my bad - didn't realise that EIB meant what it was when I accidentally filed Centurion app, so subbed in build thread in that field.

No worries.

1 hour ago, simorph said:

On the right/left detail with arms raised - what's the difference between that and zooming in on the full body pic? Just querying so I know what you might be looking for that's not in the full body pic? Thanks!

It’s to ensure we have quality photos on how the suits fit and the allignment of the rivets and ab/kidney. Sometimes the photos provided are of low quality that zooming doesn’t help. It been this way for quite some time, it’s always a good Idea to look at other applications and see what photos are requested, there’s also an EIB photo checklist (which is going to be updated) were one can get a good Idea on what photos to upload:salute: 

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16566 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (Photos requested)

Okeedokee - uploaded a bunch of photos and added them to the original post.  Fire away with any more questions.

Just thinking - if you wanted a more visual set of checklists for the two PDFs for EIB and Centurion (I've taken all the headings for my post from those two docs), if you can point me to a definitive set of photos, I could rework both PDFs for you so that they have thumbnails of the example photos alongside the checklist...

I'm an artist/designer/web/print designer - that's my job, so I could happily do you a second more visual version of those docs.  I'd just need a set of images from you guys.  If there are any specific things you might want to call out on those images, I could easily drop in callouts (e.g. 'make sure Han Snap is visible in this shot', 'make sure belt overlaps button plate', etc.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simorph said:

Just thinking - if you wanted a more visual set of checklists for the two PDFs for EIB and Centurion (I've taken all the headings for my post from those two docs), if you can point me to a definitive set of photos, I could rework both PDFs for you so that they have thumbnails of the example photos alongside the checklist...

First reaction, that would be awesome! :jc_doublethumbup:

Second - I’ll look into it, thanks for the offer:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16566 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (In review)

Hi again Simon and thank you for your EIB application. (For those looking at this review for their own future application please be aware that this review is made in appliance to the previous CRL, meaning that there are elements in this review that are suggestions that will be manadatory for those beeing reviewed according to the current CRL as per regulations stipulated for when the changes would take affect, you can read about it in this NL https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47339-june-fisd-newsletter-2019/) In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requirements set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. 

As we navigate through this review we are going to start from the top and work our way down. 

We start with the helmet and although there are examples of brows in different positions we feel that the intended look is what´s seen below - a clear gap with the brow trim neatly installed. You have a nice looking gap but the trim itself is a bit wavy so we suggest you poke it in place.

LptR9cQ.png

Next up we have the ears and as seen below on most Stunt helmets the ears had more of an angle to them. Yours are pretty close but could still be moved just a touch, so if you feel up to it we feel it would add even more to that ANH-feeling, another thing to consider would be to trim the ears a bit thinner.

PG4QnOZ.png

Moving on, we have the tube stripes and it´s another of those small details to consider for an uber ANH-look and as seen below the last/most forward stripe usually has a lean forward. An easy fix by simply add an extra stripe with a little lean to it.

KTjxxMP.png

The mic tips are nice and white on the inside but could use some wear on the rims as seen below and if your hovis are "unpainted" resin you can just scuff them up. 

Jdb2JDf.png

Turning our attention to the shoulder bridges they seem a bit long and a quick and easy fix would be to snip them off a bit shorter as seen in the reference image below. Just something to consider.

f1Gam16.png

Looking at your arms we noticed there´s a good amount of return edge and we suggest to remove all of it on the inside part as indicated by the blue lines. Original armor had very minimal if any return edge and that would make it a bit more comfortable as well.

B3K9NDa.png

Looking at the belt we suggest you give it a shave ones in a while to stay sharp on patrols.

bj7K4Bl.png

Your TD is looking good but if you want all out accuracy the clips were butted up to the control panel and the ends had little bends on them as seen in the reference images below.

kyoHToa.png

The posterior plate seem to have gone Rogue on you so here we advise you to thighten the strapping. It also appears that the thighs might be a culprit in pushing on the plate, lowering them or trimming is what we suggest if that´s the case.

mZWsThs.png

Last on our suggestion list is also a comfort thing by removing some more return edge on the lower cod. We will also just finish off by mentioning that we saw other areas that would benefit some light sanding to keep you more comfortable when wearing the suit. Overall you did a very fine build and we just want you to enjoy it as much as possible - hey! who are we kidding! It´s s Stromtrooper suit, it will be enjoyable even if there were barb wire for the edges...sorry, got a little carried away there - as you were Trooper:salute:

ZxSiMYo.png

Let´s move on to the next step!

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application.

As per L3 there should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest and back plate so we need you to close that gap some more and based on your build thread this seem to be a simple dressing issue and if not there´s still some lower return edge at the bells that can be trimmed.

ZkvdAjE.png

The sides should be together nice and thight and some tighter strapping should have this sorted.

WVii30I.png

Last item on your road to Centurion would be to lift the belt and going by your build thread ones again you had the belt position down to point so this most certainly is a dressing matter.

i3dnkfB.png

And that´s it - just some small tweeks to do so we expect that Centurion application momentarily:duim: During that breef transition time - head on out as a proud Expert Infantry man for the Empire:salute:

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-16566 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (924)

Congratulations Simon, all the way now, you almost got this, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sooo...I went through the list and made the following mods....

Straightened out the brow ridge by trimming back the ABS edge behind the trim, and then applying a few spots of E6000 to stop it sliding back down

HyjJZku.jpg

jlgM5Uo.jpg

Made the mods to the Thermal Det...

er76x8S.jpg

The clips butted up to the plastic but the original bend on the clips wasn't quite round enough to hug the tube, so I removed the clips, carefully bent the tips and replaced.  There's a teensy gap on one side and I'm leaving it there as I can't pry the white plate off.

So more accurate, not 10000% perfect.

QAELOwW.jpg

Trimmed back the cod...

vn4D8yY.jpg

Trimmed the final rectangle off the shoulder bridges, which takes nearly an inch off the bridges...

m1uLfNb.jpg

Trimmed the canvas belt (again) but this time took some Resolene (the acrylic top coat I use on leather pieces) and soaked all the way around the edge of the belt.

This means that none of those stray threads are going to come loose ever again (I did worry that at the rate I kept trimming it, I'd end up with nothing but a piece of string)

MCFUbWb.jpg

Trimmed back the return edges on the arms...which should give me more room to move!

08Aox7r.jpg

Scuffed up the hovi tips...

LKqj3gk.jpg

E64n0WX.jpg

Tightened the strapping on the ab plate by adding an extra snap to the elastic on the right...

tZcIVIK.jpg

...and making much shorter straps on the left....

LasujdV.jpg

Now the natural position for the ab at rest is with the plates overlapping - so the gap should be as narrow as possible now.

And then (thankfully, I kept the stencils!)  I added an extra stripe - took the spacing of the bottom edge of the stripes, but tilted the stencil forwards...

aVg0nxW.jpg

HCMeeEZ.jpg

So hopefully more New Hope...

hknudel.jpg

And finally, I took out the return edge on the shoulders so that'll hopefully close up the gaps even more and give more movement...

ddxZMwu.jpg

Still terrified at the prospect of tilting those ears back - the helmet's held together with pop rivets and prayer.  But can't do anything to it for at least a couple of days while the new tube stripes cure...

30 minutes ago, simorph said:

Still terrified at the prospect of tilting those ears back - the helmet's held together with pop rivets and prayer.  But can't do anything to it for at least a couple of days while the new tube stripes cure...

First of all, let me tell you are amazing Simon.  Great job Trooper.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

By the other hand, remember the Helmet issue is just a suggestion, and no mandatory for the next level (Centurion) . You can apply for the L3 and  delay the helmet fixing untill you are totally secure. I had the same issue with my Anovos Helmet and due it has come pre assembled, It's really difficult just think about to remake it. I'm still waiting for the right moment to do it.

You're just ready to do the next step.  

congratulations again .

• Like 1

Hi Simes,

Amazing commitment, jumping straight in with those fixes!! Top job.

Regarding the ear alignment, don’t push yourself too hard here. Depending on how you trimmed the face plate and back sections that are under the ears, this might not be possible. Ear alignment is really a task for early on in the helmet construction. (Just keep the ear references if you ever make another lid).

However, I’d definitely consider using the spare set of ears that Ross provides to try thinning them out a bit.

As you know, I also troop an RWA lid and recently trimmed the ears for a more accurate look.

Here’s an example;

a240571308b14d1d951743e8bbf42a4d.jpg&key=4042c4129c93776e12308b0f375ea5393d3b17d18c28bf81a809fd0be925e382

Screen used - note how thin the “disc” is;

5a72533ca55af1af1b48eaabaf1a4098.jpg&key=285fefeaaa479eb2ff2764b418e69a7d312c37ca61cf1f2a312629d7d39e1fa4

7ee53ef8c01f6c6f822aa0b09d177eba.jpg&key=79b884dfff942c5c2b8b7ac39a1a1e2ab0ec897db4343723dc182cb526d46771

For the tubestripes, personally I’d consider removing the ones you’ve added and slowly lean a couple forward. The style that’s been referenced in your EIB review sees the stripes steadily lean further forwards. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

With respect, your new front one leans forward a little abruptly, not quite in keeping with the others. I’d perhaps fit two in the gaps, each with a little more lean. (Or, Just remove the new ones and leave it as it was - the template you have is not the same as the Dave M template so you’ve used what you had very well). :-)

Keep up the amazing work, Simes. :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Dan!

well, I gritted my teeth last night, unscrewed everything and went for it - I took 2-3mm off  both ear caps, swapped in small screws into the original top holes of the ear caps so my visor would still hold in place, trimmed back as much of the ABS under the ear region as I could without disturbing the pop rivets, re-sited, drilled and remounted the ear caps as tilted and in-line with the back of the temple/traps as it would let me without revealing the pop-rivets.

Only two bits of trauma - nearly drilled through a fan wire, and a small issue where the heat from cutting off the long bolts caused a screw on the bottom of the to pull through the ABS.

But that's as 'Hopey' as I think I can get.  (I'll take a look at those stripes and see what I can do though, thanks!)

7feSuvp.jpg

wDfkrwq.jpg

KL5OZXO.jpg

A7Uh2K2.jpg

• Like 1