Oh boy the boots...

Ok so I had to quit my summer job, its my senior year and only have a limited amout of money now that I have bought my armor. I'm been searching wally world and payless for like ankle boots, problem is they are man made materials meaning, vinyl, yay fun right!? shouldn't be to hard to color those, problem is paint won't stay to them, there are no vinyl dyes unless you buy something for car interior so what now? Would the spray paint that is made for plastic work? I'm not sure any more, but I'm not able to buy CAboots sadly :P that will have to wait till I get a job again. Any suggestions would be great T-T thanks guys!

Jen

I don't see a quick fix to this problem, the only thing I can thing of is try and find yourself some cheap boots from a discount store, and dye them white, but thats all I can think of rather than getting another job and save up again for some real TK boots :)

I dont like the CABoots. They are too wrinkly IMO. I want to upgrade and have been thinking about the ones that supposedly help dig wells for Vietnamese children. Hear they are nice and about the same price as CABoots. Just food for thought for when you get to the selection stage.

To smitty and 8280 you should listen... Save the coin, buy some good boots. Dan111h2o on Ebay is Darkside trooper boots, but there large. 12-14 US size. CAboots are the next in line for premades.

I think it is far wiser in your case to look into painting or dying a set of Molder or Jodper (SP?) boots. You will look 100% better. Please dont buy the Elvis or Mariachi boots... horrid...

Its worth getting the details right the first time. Its actually money saved.

Like the guy's have said

New Half decent Jodhpur boot's & other riding boot's in that style are retailing for about $20 on the bay & you'l probably get them in your size.?

Get yourself some white leather dye for a couple of buck's & thats close to sceen acurate for only a few buck's.

just my 2 cents

hope it helps :huh:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

aye - I've been looking into this; apparently state-side u can get an excellent leather dye/paint known as angelus that teh Sneaker modders use. Not used it myself yet, but tryin to source some in UK myself (seems only 1 place in glasgow does em and they are currently sold out).

the boot style is known by 2 names - jodphur boots or chelsea boots. Can get some right bargains, not just off the bay, but in some equestrian shops (and if u are smaller - can even buy a teenagers size for even more of a bargain!)

Impt thing is to prep the shoe well - need acetone to take the top layer off the existing shoe b4 paint application. Also like all else here - multiple THIN layers is the key to prevent cracking on the paint job.

I'm still debating whether to do this or go caboots tbh.

good luck

Nate

To smitty and 8280 you should listen... Save the coin, buy some good boots. Dan111h2o on Ebay is Darkside trooper boots, but there large. 12-14 US size. CAboots are the next in line for premades.

I think it is far wiser in your case to look into painting or dying a set of Molder or Jodper (SP?) boots. You will look 100% better. Please dont buy the Elvis or Mariachi boots... horrid...

Its worth getting the details right the first time. Its actually money saved.

Indeed Dan has great boots also have them.

There great and most important of all, they dont smell :lol:B)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent Dan111h2o an email about two weeks ago asking if he made the boots in different sizes as he only had 12s and 14s at the time

His auction has ended and he doesn’t have a new one up yet. When I see his next one I will post it :)

I’ll all ears. Did anything come of the Wallyworld trip?