TKModder421 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

If you really need to trim those, Greg, I would keep the cut lines above the raised ridges (as seen below).  You have a super nice build there and hopefully you will be aiming for Expert Infantry and then Centurion.  If you cut below them that would eliminate you from even applying.

While some of the costumes in ANH had those backs cut out, many did not.  (I guess it depended on the individual actor).

9ylBKwV.jpg?1&key=c3df17dfeedefe159da60ce8b221f7b52236a4dd98f041faec97ea42250944c0    H8dgvsj.jpg?1&key=0725d9b2c3af2cb1f6aa622a8b5b61dbefa133788e7a7436f8d1fc8bec2a6eee

One thing I would suggest is that you sand the edges really well, which will help them from snagging on your under-suit.

w1ZXYDq.jpg?1&key=e205cb7cff71e0cae2cbb3100cc4bbeee1fa3646eeb57cd3449f27baf13d36c8

Thanks Joseph! Good to know. That's exactly why I'm asking before I make cuts. In the references I've seen it looked like they were cutting all the way down to the cover strip leaving no lip, so I'm glad I asked.
As of now I can walk ok, but the backs of the shins push into the backs of my knees, so I wanted to make some comfort cuts. I'm wondering if I should I wait to get approved for higher levels before I start trooping then make comfort fixes after that?

2 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

Thanks Joseph! Good to know. That's exactly why I'm asking before I make cuts. In the references I've seen it looked like they were cutting all the way down to the cover strip leaving no lip, so I'm glad I asked.
As of now I can walk ok, but the backs of the shins push into the backs of my knees, so I wanted to make some comfort cuts. I'm wondering if I should I wait to get approved for higher levels before I start trooping then make comfort fixes after that?

I personally wouldn't let higher level applications keep me from trooping but it's a personal choice. As Joseph pointed out, mobility cuts are fine as long as they don't go past the ridge.

From the CRL (L3 for shins).

Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges

You can go and look at past EIB and Centurion approvals to see many examples of folks who got L3 with mobility cuts.

And as you'll discover, armor is never truly 'finished'. You'll continue making small adjustments and improvements.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

I'm wondering if I should I wait to get approved for higher levels before I start trooping then make comfort fixes after that?

Absolutely not, so get out there, show off that great build and have some fun!!  As Sha Sha mentioned, you will be doing upgrades for months to come.  One way to find out what sort of adjustments you will need is to simply walk around your house/yard wearing your armor (and actually trooping, of course).  

I would suggest not cutting out the entire back at first, but rather do it in stages until it is comfortable.

PqdpFZB.jpg

If you haven't trooped yet, I have a thread that will give you a few pointers:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39382-your-first-troop-a-few-tips/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Absolutely not, so get out there, show off that great build and have some fun!!  As Sha Sha mentioned, you will be doing upgrades for months to come.  One way to find out what sort of adjustments you will need is to simply walk around your house/yard wearing your armor (and actually trooping, of course).  

I would suggest not cutting out the entire back at first, but rather do it in stages until it is comfortable.

PqdpFZB.jpg

If you haven't trooped yet, I have a thread that will give you a few pointers:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39382-your-first-troop-a-few-tips/

Ok. I think that's good advice. I'll look it over and start small and make minor adjustments as I go. I'm so glad I asked first before just moving forward!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice work! 

How did you remove the mesh without damaging it to paint the inside of the mic tips?

Very carefully! Lol

So basically I took an exacto blade and carefully ran it along the inside between the mesh and the plastic to try to break up the glue a bit. Slightly wiggly it towards the center to help separate it from the plastic and continued that until they came loose, pretty intact. They're a tiny bit bent, but nothing noticable once I got them back in

fixed my strapping so my cover strips line up

x17fY7al.jpg

BrMBtfOl.jpg

pulled the belt up to the bottom of the buttons

HXpZ8I7l.jpg

If anybody sees anything else that needs adjustment to get EIB let me know

cAVs6T2l.jpg

djv9w9Wl.jpg

vWf6ycMl.jpg

3asJlrml.jpg

1pfBpNyl.jpg

GqeMv3Rl.jpg

R1GwkYHl.jpg

B3uZEzul.jpg

NGapl3ql.jpg

VDrBHh6l.jpg

rxk00bll.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, TKModder421 said:

Very carefully! Lol

So basically I took an exacto blade and carefully ran it along the inside between the mesh and the plastic to try to break up the glue a bit. Slightly wiggly it towards the center to help separate it from the plastic and continued that until they came loose, pretty intact. They're a tiny bit bent, but nothing noticable once I got them back in

Yeah, I tried this and it did not work out so well for me ha ha ha. There was a lot of glue holding the mesh into place! I ended up having to make new screens from a strainer I got at the dollar store but I think they turned out fine. 

Yeah, I tried this and it did not work out so well for me ha ha ha. There was a lot of glue holding the mesh into place! I ended up having to make new screens from a strainer I got at the dollar store but I think they turned out fine. 

Oh that's a bummer! I must've gotten lucky maybe with minimal glue? Idk. Well at least you got it worked out in the end