TKModder421 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

Name:  Greg Bower

Garrison:  Alpine Garrison

Armor Maker:  ANOVOS

Helmet Maker:  ANOVOS

Cloth Belt Maker:  TKittle

Neck Seal Maker:  ANOVOS

Boot Maker:  Imperial Boots

Blaster Maker:  Hasbro (Doopydoos conversion)

Height:  5'9"

Weight:  150 lbs

TK Type:  ANH Stunt

Front view

GCOWpZO.png

Back view

uOzahOt.jpg

Left side

Vl55P1O.jpg

Right side

4M1JVod.png

Ab plate

eIXGIoR.jpg

Helmet:

Front

y8smDRA.jpg

Teeth

hbUAULf.jpg

Vocoder/Mic tips

3HDiGM3.jpg

Left

9VOpwpL.jpg

Right

YWSx2PD.jpg

Back

7HjXvvi.jpg

Edited by TKModder421
forgot to post boot maker

EXCELLENT job on that Anovos kit, Greg,  :jc_doublethumbup:  and I honestly can't see anything holding you back from basic approval.  It's obvious you put a lot of care into this build, and it certainly shows!

I am guessing you should have your TK number very shortly, and once you do I would suggest applying for Expert Infantry level with this armor.  There are a few small details that will need some adjustments, but nothing you can't handle for sure.

Here are a few suggestions when you get ready:  ;)

1.  For a sharper look, the cover strips should line up as seen in the CRL photo.  This can be achieved by some simple strapping adjustments.

4NTU1lG.png    BGY7lOZ.jpg?1

2.  Your ABS belt could stand to come up a bit.

Reference images

Ck2TZ0r.jpg   saNNTgh.jpg?1  ArOKkSg.jpg?1

3.  The inside edges of the Hovi mic tip should be white.  (Easy fix)!!

Reference images

nClNlQd.jpg?1  5cBRY10.jpg?2  AnTw0t3.jpg?2

There are a few other small items, but you have done a fantastic job on this armor and I am hoping you will consider taking it to the next level!

• Like 1

EXCELLENT job on that Anovos kit, Greg,  :jc_doublethumbup:  and I honestly can't see anything holding you back from basic approval.  It's obvious you put a lot of care into this build, and it certainly shows!
I am guessing you should have your TK number very shortly, and once you do I would suggest applying for Expert Infantry level with this armor.  There are a few small details that will need some adjustments, but nothing you can't handle for sure.

Here are a few suggestions when you get ready:  

1.  For a sharper look, the cover strips should line up as seen in the CRL photo.  This can be achieved by some simple strapping adjustments.

2.  Your ABS belt could stand to come up a bit.

3.  The inside edges of the Hovi mic tip should be white.  (Easy fix)!!

There are a few other small items, but you have done a fantastic job on this armor and I am hoping you will consider taking it to the next level!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate all the great advice you've given me as well, it's really helped.

I do plan on going for EI and hopefully Centurion, so thank you for the tips to get me closer.

Quick question on the hovi tips, it looks like the entire inside is painted white. Is that correct?

9 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

Submitted for basic approval! Now I just gotta wait ;)

Cool Greg, let us know when you have your TK ID in the New Member Introduccion Section. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/5-new-member-introductions/

• Like 1

Looks good, shouldn’t be any issues for basic approval, and only a few minor tweaks for higher levels.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

TK 77642 reporting for duty!! :salute:

Yeah Greg ! Welcome to the Legion and FISD trooper.  First step, keep on going forward. Enjoy being Bad Guy Doing Good.

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

I'd like to start trooping here soon and need to do some comfort adjustments. I was thinking of taking some off the back of the knees on the shins. I've seen lots of reference and screen shot images that show them cut back. Something like I've illustrated below. I just want to verify that it won't have any effect on higher level approval. Am I correct?

oYuYQ3wl.jpg?1

Should not affect higher levels, can be seen on a lot of screen troopers with them, just check through the reference gallery as the following have more angular cuts from the sides and not as square/wide across the bottom as your cut lines ;) 

vlcsna18.jpg

Here is one recently approved https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47459-tk-42128-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-anovos-439/#comments

24 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Should not affect higher levels, can be seen on a lot of screen troopers with them, just check through the reference gallery as the following have more angular cuts from the sides and not as square/wide across the bottom as your cut lines ;) 

vlcsna18.jpg

Yeah those are exactly what I was gonna go for! Yeah my illustration is a bit squared off, I'll definitely give it more of an angle. But I did want to make sure to make it look more an intentional part of the armor rather than big chunk broken or taken out as I've seen on some armor.

• Like 1

Looks good to me, but for piece of mind and a definitive answer for higher level approval I suggest perhaps PM'ing the DO's:

Joseph @justjoseph63 

Daniel @TheSwede

Sha Sha @shashachu

Mike @msouza

• Like 1

If you really need to trim those, Greg, I would keep the cut lines above the raised ridges (as seen below).  You have a super nice build there and hopefully you will be aiming for Expert Infantry and then Centurion.  If you cut below them that would eliminate you from even applying.

While some of the costumes in ANH had those backs cut out, many did not.  (I guess it depended on the individual actor).

9ylBKwV.jpg?1    H8dgvsj.jpg?1

One thing I would suggest is that you sand the edges really well, which will help them from snagging on your under-suit.

w1ZXYDq.jpg?1

• Like 1