R1 Build 850 Armor Works

On 11/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, delcid23456 said:

your armor looks great but there is something off about you left leg it looks like you have two right shins from looking at it, and if that's the case look in to getting a replacement for the shin, but i could be wrong, also you may need to paint the resin cover strips to match the armor 

Unfortunately, the resin strips and the ABS plastic are not the exact same shade of white. I tried to match them at least 3 times and settled with the closest white I could find locally in a spray can. The helmet is the same way, and is the same colour as the cover strips, I don't think its that noticeable so I hope it won't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello. I have looked at your build to help me with my 850AW R1TK build.  Thanks for posting this as it has helped me lots. Your armor looks great.  My question is about thigh strapping.  Yours is about in the middle of your hip. Is this a choice of yours or is this a mandatory placement ? I was interested in hiding mine behind the drop boxes.  What is your thought. Thanks again Ben

On 4/25/2020 at 9:35 PM, TerribleBen said:

Hello. I have looked at your build to help me with my 850AW R1TK build.  Thanks for posting this as it has helped me lots. Your armor looks great.  My question is about thigh strapping.  Yours is about in the middle of your hip. Is this a choice of yours or is this a mandatory placement ? I was interested in hiding mine behind the drop boxes.  What is your thought. Thanks again Ben

I am not sure if that placement is mandatory for approval, but that is how it was done from the screen captures that I saw. Having them there is also super convenient when you have to take the armour off, and they aren't very noticeable. My only concern with putting them under the drop boxes is that the thighs might not hang correctly and give you trouble while wearing them.