BeardedFett

Hello from Southern California

Hello All,

My name is Scott and I am in Orange County, CA.  Planning my first build, so much good information on the forums and everyone seems both genuine and helpful, it's nice to see.  Ultimate goal would be to reach centurion.  So far, I am leaning towards the RS armor.

Hello and welcome aboard, there is a lot of info in the Getting Started section, here is a link to things you may also want to purchase.

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon

Welcome! We are looking forward to helping you on your way to trooping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Scott and welcome to the FISD.

RS is a good choice. :duim:

Don't forget to start a build thread...

Welcome aboard Scott, you wont be disappointed with RS armour.

Hello Scott,

Welcome to FISD!

Thank you everyone.  Glad to be finally starting this journey.  It has always been something I wanted to do.  I would appreciate any feedback on the ANH vs The ESB RS armor?  Empire is my favorite, but with the molds coming from an original ANH, I feel like the ANH will be more accurate, not 100% on the difference between the two though.

Welcome! :)

4 hours ago, BeardedFett said:

Thank you everyone.  Glad to be finally starting this journey.  It has always been something I wanted to do.  I would appreciate any feedback on the ANH vs The ESB RS armor?  Empire is my favorite, but with the molds coming from an original ANH, I feel like the ANH will be more accurate, not 100% on the difference between the two though.

Welcome, Scott! 

I just joined up about a month ago, going with the ANH Stunt version. The differences, from what I can tell, are pretty minor, but in all my research there's been ample amounts of material for ANH TKs specifically; they seem to be the more popular option. Obviously, I haven't submitted anything for approval just yet but I'm almost there! Hope to see a build thread coming up soon!

Do ESB!  :smiley-sw013:

That's what I am- I'm opening biased about it.  (And I'm Centurion, too).  

I can't speak for RS's ESB- I've only seen their ANH in person.  Regardless, I would reinforce it in several places (chest at middle of arm opening on both sides, add real strapping to leave the u brackets as look only, not weight bearing as they will rip through the armor), as I've seen it crack in the exact same place on four different RS kits on four different types of bodies.  

I personally find RS to be a bit thin, and it's a great fit if you're exactly like the original guys on screen- if not, not so much.  (Again, from seeing it on other guys in my Squad).  I'm a huge fan of AM and RT-Mod/RT-Panda (Panda's taking over)- works great for bigger/taller people but equally good for shorter/smaller people, just involves more trimming.  

Centurion is about the details, but it's a lot about the fit- you'll want to find an armor that is best suited for your body type to give yourself the best head start towards that goal (and comfort and wear-ability, of course, as well).

Good luck and ask all the questions, now and when you've gotten your Big Brown Box!  That's what we're here for.

Welcome, Scott! Are you in the SCG Imperial Recruits Facebook group and did you make it to the Brea armor party?

RS is extremely accurate armor, but not the best for trooping, and will take some work to bring up to standards and make comfortable to wear even after a full commission build - do you have your heart set on it?