progressbarloading

Progressbarloading - My First Armor Build (Anovos ANH TK Stunt)

Great insight from Kalani and it's coming along super nice so far!

And rats, I forgot to remind you - I usually drill the holes for the left side rivets, then glue the strapping in, then use a soldering iron to poke the holes for the rivets through, then set the rivets through the nylon. You can totally glue over the top, but the other way looks cleaner. New cut line looks good. Putting a little 1/2" spacer block between the sniper knee and cover strip sometimes helps everything align better too.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by TheRascalKing

Great insight from Kalani and it's coming along super nice so far!

And rats, I forgot to remind you - I usually drill the holes for the left side rivets, then glue the strapping in, then use a soldering iron to poke the holes for the rivets through, then set the rivets through the nylon. You can totally glue over the top, but the other way looks cleaner. New cut line looks good. Putting a little 1/2" spacer block between the sniper knee and cover strip sometimes helps everything align better too.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Justin! I had hoped to do that with the webbing, but since the strapping came preinstalled with the snaps it looked like a rough fit to squeeze the rivet locations in between.

Are you saying a 1/2" long piece of extra material on top of the shin cover strip to thicken up between the cover strip and knee? Or 1/2" thick?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, progressbarloading said:

Thanks Justin! I had hoped to do that with the webbing, but since the strapping came preinstalled with the snaps it looked like a rough fit to squeeze the rivet locations in between.

Are you saying a 1/2" long piece of extra material on top of the shin cover strip to thicken up between the cover strip and knee? Or 1/2" thick?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The rivet locations are kind of a suggestion as long as their evenly spaced, so...

1/2" or so thick.