ChrisThePropGuy TK

Nice work Chris, just a couple of things you may want to address/improve upon.

You could reduce the length of the elastic on your drop boxes. Belt could come up a bit, should sit on or just below the bottom button, also shouldn't see the fabric belt at the top front of the belt. There appears to be mold lines in your large ab plate, you may want to address these if going in to production. Also large ab plate on an angle. Something dark on the ridge of the AB button plate too. Between the ridges and buttons also looks a little wonky, there should also be a gap between the buttons on those ridges. Also note a little too much paint on a few of the buttons.

23251606_ID4euMn(1).thumb.jpg.9be8c4e1f2a33e5b1cb891044922d0b8.jpg

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1 LSuei4K.jpg?1   JViLwBX.jpg?1

Detonator tilted, right clip may be too long, could be rotated so the top detail can be seen, clip screws should be black. You could also trim the excess belt. Detonator details also look a little soft. Check the trim line on the bottom too looks a little wonky. 

Kmfw8nG.thumb.jpg.e5ee4a4e2c04bd7699ffea3464d8e90f.jpg

66W22Oe.jpg?1   ENBGgGW.jpg?1  eXtIssr.jpg?2   QKiTB7a.jpg?1

Gap between the ab and kidney looks wobbly. Drop boxes should align with the ends of the plastic belt. Posterior looks to be overlapping the kidney. Also looks like you are using standard rivets not cap rivets and should be painted white. 

dde4XGt.thumb.jpg.4f34df3df14f58ddfd070e21e175558b.jpg  2pvrAr5.jpg?1

Helmet is sitting high, try to reduce padding thickness

u45T95l.thumb.jpg.19b82e54493a38580b9464005b7e8ed7.jpg

AK9w0mr.jpg?1      FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

Shoulder strap elastic being pulled outwards, perhaps double over for extra strength. Shoulder bells could come in closer at the top. Ideally there should be the 1 large tab and 4 1/2 to 5 small ridges on the chest. 

DFj6QYr.thumb.jpg.b883f6d397ef8bfd847220498e822075.jpg

Sq6eUcM.jpg?1k85ELoM.jpg?1

Try to have shoulder straps centered on the back plate. Large tab could be cut down on the rear large ridge. Also when adding S trim start at either the middle front or rear of the helmet, just gives a cleaner look.

2049647676_Kmfw8nG(1).thumb.jpg.003ca143a1aead820ba5280cd9981d59.jpg

large.insideoflids.jpg.d5cebda953332196a

You could also add a curve to the shoulder bells to reduce the gap to chest.

gallery_12157_15_18545.jpg

Reduce the gap at the wrists, move wrist plates backwards.

1929523277_DFj6QYr(1).jpg.9aa1ea04c878dd3cb307b7ad52751d80.jpg

Not sure what's off with the cod, perhaps more of an angle on the sides, also soften/round the bottom 

ID4euMn.jpg.90ec3cc63576a1f64a6b7a1f118e5681.jpg

gallery_12157_16_66529.jpg

Good luck with approval

• 3 weeks later...

So Ive finally remoulded my faceplate to make a stunt variant. Im aware of the major overhauls that were done like teeth filling and the stunt bump removed but I am aware that there are some other details that are not present/modified.

I have reached out to many to try give me a clear cut answer but most are gate keeping exact differences or tell me its entirely different, however there are still many similarities between the two face plates.

Currently I have the following list of changes but want to know if I missed any:

- Fill side teeth

- lessen undercut where teetch meets chin area

- lessen undercut around tusks and where tusks meet cheeks

- Fill and lessen undercut in tears so tear detail is no longer shown

- round off inside top corner or right eye

- round of outside corner of right eye (towards bottom where it meets the tear)

- smooth surface

- Make dip under left eye more shallow (Im unsure if I sand the eye down or fill the cheek but signs point to former)

Please let me know if you have any info. Im pretty sick of being told look at them side by side because its very difficult to overlay them and find differences when pictures are fairly scarce and not taken from the same angle. Also difficult to tell if something was actually modified or is a variation due to abs material or how it was put together. @Sly11 @wook1138@TheSwede @gmrhodes13 any of you guys know someone who might be able to help?

4 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I have a yet-to-be-assembled Hero bucket from DA Props. Could take some photos of the faceplate if it’d be helpful.

I might take you up on that but weary to copy how another maker has converted it. I managed to get a pull done so will do a proto mock up and maybe we can take it from there to see what looks off.

6 hours ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

I managed to get a pull done so will do a proto mock up and maybe we can take it from there to see what looks off.

I think that would be the best way to go about it. Totally jealous that you actually have that option, to own a lineage helmet and the capability to vacuform…..*sigh :rolleyes:

Quite a lot of Hero helmet images here 

And here http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-hero-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

Hero frown 

Eyes and brow trim

18 hours ago, Nairy said:

I can even have my stunt bucket next to it and try to make a direct comparison and stuff if that helps

I think this will be a big help! I actually have an old folarno helmet on hand but Im pretty sure that was fan sculpted so not keen to draw comparison from that.

If you can help me pinpoint the differences that would be awesome as Im having a hard time getting all of them.

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Quite a lot of Hero helmet images here 

I missed a couple of these so big thanks!!

I think Ive got the frown right but Ill test the waters with the proto, that eye one is really good!

• Like 2

The faceplate looks a little too far forward/angled/doglegged, because of the angle of the faceplate it reduce the opening so mine is a lot harder to get on than my stunt.

Note the brow trim just covers the top of the eyes and slightly higher than the step running around the back of the helmet.

gallery_12157_15_35168.jpg

WgYFhpB.jpg

Another comparison, I think in this image the brow has been pushed down a touch as you can see on the side view. Also take note of the angle of the ears and screws to the top trap

gallery_12157_15_19287.jpg

That wart reminds me of the well known RS wart though. SOmehow confused how a different source can have the bump, too.
Most if not all stunt helmets had the bump including the one this was derived from. Not exclusive to the rs helmet.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Just another comparison on some angles.

You can also see the top of the trap is angled down on yours

gallery_12157_15_35168.thumb.jpg.b7a33f2582d2cb474eacb61dd12da52a.jpg

The Hero helmet should only have three indents and then be flat the rest of the way out, but on the right side of your helmet (as you look at it) there is a small fourth indent

Zh0Sf2R.png

The cap seems to have a larger forehead portion than the distance between the front and back trapezoids. Even with camera warp towards the edges I think this is still the case, and I think it would help a lot with the overall look to know exactly where the differences are between the Hero and the Stunt.

Fj9cbAv.png

The triangular area here is straight out flat. It seems like yours is too and it will probably stretch out when you attach the ears, but the temples should stretch out all the way. 

OfMQDgv.pnggecknhr.png

Your third tooth looks a little big, but that's also dependant of course to how it is cut out.

MOiCCbP.png6l1KApx.png

I don't know if it helps at all but it is like the chin is in an underbite position towards the left. The right side here I'm able to see the parts both below the teeth and above the teeth. 

NrJ1yTK.png

The right side with the same angle it's not possible.

SYfTGhH.png

The middle tooth starts more towards the left fo centerline. 

yGidW6a.png

Here is is easier to see the actual difference of the underbite towards the left (as you wear the helmet). Here you also see the middle tooth being off center.

FVQsA4O.png

I don't know if some of this helps you at all, if not just take it as affirmation that you've done things right already!

Here's a gif in which I aligned the nose bridge above the teeth with the both images and the eyes. We can see when switching between them the the tears in my Hero bucket rotates clockwise, and bottom right corner of the trap isn't as rounded off, and the shape of the mouth and chin almost squishes into the face a bit more, just to name a few things.

Ey4iD3k.gif

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 1

The Hero helmet should only have three indents and then be flat the rest of the way out, but on the right side of your helmet (as you look at it) there is a small fourth indent
Zh0Sf2R.png

The cap seems to have a larger forehead portion than the distance between the front and back trapezoids. Even with camera warp towards the edges I think this is still the case, and I think it would help a lot with the overall look to know exactly where the differences are between the Hero and the Stunt.
Fj9cbAv.png

The triangular area here is straight out flat. It seems like yours is too and it will probably stretch out when you attach the ears, but the temples should stretch out all the way. 
OfMQDgv.pnggecknhr.png

Your third tooth looks a little big, but that's also dependant of course to how it is cut out.
MOiCCbP.png6l1KApx.png

I don't know if it helps at all but it is like the chin is in an underbite position towards the left. The right side here I'm able to see the parts both below the teeth and above the teeth. 
NrJ1yTK.png

The right side with the same angle it's not possible.
SYfTGhH.png

The middle tooth starts more towards the left fo centerline. 
yGidW6a.png

Here is is easier to see the actual difference of the underbite towards the left (as you wear the helmet). Here you also see the middle tooth being off center.
FVQsA4O.png

I don't know if some of this helps you at all, if not just take it as affirmation that you've done things right already!

Here's a gif in which I aligned the nose bridge above the teeth with the both images and the eyes. We can see when switching between them the the tears in my Hero bucket rotates clockwise, and bottom right corner of the trap isn't as rounded off, and the shape of the mouth and chin almost squishes into the face a bit more, just to name a few things.
Ey4iD3k.gif
Yeah I figured the cap is a little low. There's defos a 4th tooth on the right but mine is still too noticeable so I will have to tone it down a bit more so. The width of the teeth might be due to me using 2mm plastic. Thanks for the overlay though. I'll probably finish this one off and do another comparison.

• Like 1

It's close, but I feel off with the eyes still and can't figure it out. The brow is still a little low I know, the construction leaves a gap in the top that doesn't hold the trim as tight as the stunt I've noticed?f94af8975c59717f41eaa0db76b06d1d.jpg

• Like 2

This is a cast from an original Hero TK that was on display at celebration Orlando.

The left side or right as you look at it definitely has the 4th tooth indent.

UlyIv0a.jpg

You can also just make it out in the following 2 images of original hero helmets.

cnKMjQQ.jpg

DQio7OX.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sly11 said:

This is a cast from an original Hero TK that was on display at celebration Orlando.

The left side or right as you look at it definitely has the 4th tooth indent.

UlyIv0a.jpg

You can also just make it out in the following 2 images of original hero helmets.

cnKMjQQ.jpg

DQio7OX.jpg

It is there in some helmets, but definitely not as prominent as the Stunt 4th indents! :)

Yes it's only a slight indent, part clean up, part possibly thicker material and different type compared to the original stunts as the Heroes were pulled in ABS.

I think an easy mod Chris has mentioned he is looking at.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...