ChrisThePropGuy TK

Wow Chris, they just keep improving, I am very excited to see some pulls on these parts in the near future.

Keep up the outstanding work.

• 2 weeks later...

JUUUUUUUUUST as I thought I could live with how it was for now, Dan had told me the ears were wrong. As much as I tried to figt the sleepless nights with nightmares of the ears, I sucumbed to redoing them. I also remade the faceplate mould as it was just a little too thin vertically.

Z6PFbBV.jpg

Lywze1A.jpg

a5cU5c2.jpg

My solution for this was to recast the mould in bondo and while its still warm and soft push the sides out.

This worked ok but it cracked from the force, no big deal, just needed a little more reshaping. As you can see below the finished result looks much more full.

Gu0g7Rs.jpg

eTzF39O.jpg

MVFKfLw.jpg

CTLc6Js.jpg

dXaPran.jpg

TEHedmg.jpg

And for the ears. I totaly forgot to add the concavity on the sides, I remade the 4 bars and also shortened the length. I might play around with how the scoop transitions into the circle but these are much better already.

nzi3oEH.jpg

fBFsDQK.jpg

Sorry for chrome pics, working on a sandy that Ill show off but this at least gives you an idea for the new shapes.

MZQxK96.jpg

ZUv63Xi.jpg

0Tqdgzj.jpg

What you think?

• Like 2

JUUUUUUUUUST as I thought I could live with how it was for now, Dan had told me the ears were wrong. As much as I tried to figt the sleepless nights with nightmares of the ears, I sucumbed to redoing them. I also remade the faceplate mould as it was just a little too thin vertically.
Z6PFbBV.jpg

Lywze1A.jpg

a5cU5c2.jpg

My solution for this was to recast the mould in bondo and while its still warm and soft push the sides out.
This worked ok but it cracked from the force, no big deal, just needed a little more reshaping. As you can see below the finished result looks much more full.

Gu0g7Rs.jpg

eTzF39O.jpg

MVFKfLw.jpg

CTLc6Js.jpg

dXaPran.jpg

TEHedmg.jpg

And for the ears. I totaly forgot to add the concavity on the sides, I remade the 4 bars and also shortened the length. I might play around with how the scoop transitions into the circle but these are much better already.

nzi3oEH.jpg

fBFsDQK.jpg

Sorry for chrome pics, working on a sandy that Ill show off but this at least gives you an idea for the new shapes.

MZQxK96.jpg

ZUv63Xi.jpg

0Tqdgzj.jpg

What you think?

Lol. I don’t think I told you they were “wrong”. I’d use the phrase “provided feedback and side-by-side comparisons”. ;-)

Lol. I don’t think I told you they were “wrong”. I’d use the phrase “provided feedback and side-by-side comparisons”. ;-)
Oh sorry don't take it the wrong way haha, you're encouragement is what gets me to perfect this. The more and more I looked at it I was like, yeah they're wrong

Stay tuned for next week's post when I notice something else and go back and redo haha

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Disregard the other helmets in the back, took these for Promo on my page, but youll get a better idea of the shelmet with this sandy paint up. Did a move along style sandy on a B grade I had, I think I got it close though the weathering around the teeth was too dark. Contrast is quite high in this pic.

FstK719.jpg

iVPrGuB.jpg

ECvkxqE.jpg

DnEF0Lw.jpg

uxXuI8g.jpg

• Like 4

It didnt sit right with me to leave the 3D files the same since Ive learned a lot and made so many changes. I had a few hours free tonight and decided to fix it up. I present the V3 (I think its 3, lost count) Files.

Some small tweaks to go but the majority is fixed. Changes include:

- New eyes

- Modified tears

- New Vocoder

- Correct Faceplate positioning

- More pronounced cheeks

- New ears (may need some tweaks)

CP1ujzI.jpg

eo7yv5j.jpg

tmzCAsK.jpg

NJ3q2SX.jpg

XhSoBM8.jpg

Comparison to V2 on the Left, V3 on right.

rmnXGjK.jpg

iZZSThV.jpg

nqWGb16.jpg

As always let me know what you think

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Exams are almost done which is nice, between studying I have managed to work on some more files. Here is a sneak peak at the new V3 files that will be available to purchase soon as well.

First up are new leg and arm moulds:

9GBnLH3.jpg

N0FEbrU.jpg

nec7Dk7.jpg

rK3Fvpx.jpg

Now for the full show off. Its a bummer I cant show the dips and bumps as well as I can in the renders so ill have to show em off at a later stage once theyre printed. The little details and accoutrements are still being worked on but the main parts are almost ready.

lP9F5MP.jpg

TngUdec.jpg

lPUDm78.jpg

IPm1mnz.jpg

XV6EoP5.jpg

NBVX1wJ.jpg

g3E1aL3.jpg

qSsWwAR.jpg

ttOqTKX.jpg

Please note some small details are missing like arm squares and also theyre still quite sharp and havent undergone the softening procedures yet.

Here is a comparison to my old file:

OZdKxFC.jpg

hwMOU82.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I think ive completed all forms, Im looking to get some feedback on each indiviual part before I start smoothing them and adding cover strips as when I do that I wont be able to go back and fix things. Happy to send the files off to some people who are keen, as a thanks youll recieve the finished files free as well as some extra stuff.

Anyway, here is what it currently looks like:

G2Fc8w0.jpg

wh7agte.jpg

FFduhcV.jpg

vtx2f70.jpg

Uk5NecS.jpg

lqyY0Ns.jpg

RdAPf0h.jpg

prEh2pY.jpg

Hope detail is visible enough, was difficult finding a colour and ligting preset that would show off the details well enough. Very keen to get some feedback on this, if youre interested to look over the files, shoot me a PM here or on FB.

• Like 5

I'm beyond impressed by your work. One think I notice is that your thighs seem very straight and vertical, whereas the originals had more curvature. Also, the bottom corners of your backplate go down a little far, and are overlapping the kidney plate noticably. All in all, I think it's lovely.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

There HEEEEEEREEEEEE!

TK3 Fileset live, checkout the thread here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50523-ctpg-anh-tk-files-new-version/

BKD1kJa.jpg

Exciting stuff, Chris! Thank you for all of the time and effort put into these, and I for one would like to see a 3D Contributor Award next to your name!

Only an FYI so everyone is on the same page.

I have been discussing a few minor details on these files with Chris from a separate thread we have running in staff area.

As always Chris has taken everything on board and is continuing to tweak the files.

I think its suffice to say many of us would love to see this come full circle, and I'd wager no one more so than Chris himself.

Thanks for all the work you have poured into this project mate, keep it up :duim:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The day everyone's been waiting for. Feast your thighs on these bad boys. I got no complaints with definition or detail atm. Need to drill a couple more holes in the forearms but nothing major. Legs are getting pepped atm so should have those and the abs done soon. 84ddee1d296cd7c03a7a90bdf5d565f8.jpg307e1830a40c4c4511fd4dd5f5718146.jpg874da048a068cdfe2dbe5de21307db34.jpgc3c968ed8aaab94ebded2239b0a5cf33.jpgdce3b21ed075042bb6b46142931da328.jpg00df2a2ef9d6ea0e4006c4be16241a64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Looking forward to seeing one of these kits in the not to distant future.

How are you finding the thickness of plastic once pulled. 

Also the line in the cod is that a two piece separation to allow the plugs to be removed?

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking forward to seeing one of these kits in the not to distant future.

How are you finding the thickness of plastic once pulled. 

Also the line in the cod is that a two piece separation to allow the plugs to be removed?

Thickness is MINT, I used to have issues with ABS in the past but this new plastic is great and I will be switching to this one. ABS is 2mm but its sharp enough and the resulting pulls are super thick. The line is a seam I havent sanded out enough, its hard to see on the mould how well its come out, some imperfection dont show up on the final pulls so I dont go overboard polishing, the first pulls usually indicate where I need to do some more work.

SHould have a finished kit maybe end of next week, the last moulds are being printed now.

• Like 3

This has certainly come a long way from the day we first discussed it Chris.

Well done mate, I look forward to seeing this kit now fully constructed :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: