ChrisThePropGuy TK

Hey guys,

So as my clone trooper project is coming to a close I've been working on molds for my new tk project.

I'm currently working on the armour but the helmet files are complete and will be printed over the next few weeks.

Here are some pics of the helmet. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks guys

e10e498f41928db1461430198927eb63.jpg5b7e9cf45c13f43dd4c9108bc105568b.jpgb2b0dccf78d6b7030ac948188db72c77.jpg8ba878ca157e8e7e1c1f3c3ef60b7128.jpg426516eec4c1ff977a635e70b2ee4603.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good Chris.

Helpful hints.

1. The Vcoder should have more of a curvature to it, your is a bit vertical.

2. The step at the area of the rank bar is too square, should be more subtle in transition. As a matter of fact if you could soften up the edges in most areas it would look more accurate.  

Keep up the great work

Looking good Chris.

Helpful hints.
1. The Vcoder should have more of a curvature to it, your is a bit vertical.
2. The step at the area of the rank bar is too square, should be more subtle in transition. As a matter of fact if you could soften up the edges in most areas it would look more accurate.  

Keep up the great work

Thanks,
I'll fix up the vocoder. Reason I've kept the edges sharp is I've noticed with 2mm material vac forming looses most of its edge definition so I want to try give it as much a chance to keep some of those easy to lose details. If it's too pronounced on the final model I can sand it down a bit.
Thanks for the advice

3 minutes ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

Thanks,
I'll fix up the vocoder. Reason I've kept the edges sharp is I've noticed with 2mm material vac forming looses most of its edge definition so I want to try give it as much a chance to keep some of those easy to lose details. If it's too pronounced on the final model I can sand it down a bit.
Thanks for the advice emoji106.png

No worries, just making observations. Keep up the great work :duim:

Looks marvelous!

My only feedback note is the eyes look symmetrical on the model.  If you're going for an original trilogy look the left eye should have a slight bump to it :)

cant wait to see the molds become a reality!

Looks marvelous!

My only feedback note is the eyes look symmetrical on the model.  If you're going for an original trilogy look the left eye should have a slight bump to it

cant wait to see the molds become a reality!
I was debating on the idea of putting this in or not, I think I will make a few symmetrical ones and then add it later on.
Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

most of those hard angles and corners will be a lot softer once you do your first pulls in ABS.

I'm assuming you will pull straight over these, then fill those pulls with plaster or car bog  and refine the bucks from there.

• Like 1

No worries, just making observations. Keep up the great work default_duim.gif

How's this look?

I've noticed on a few WTF ties I've put together the chin is way too curved and sticks out so I've mellowed mine out a fair bit but does this seem to be the right shape?

Cheers

0f125b1858314897aae5657f00230564.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, Sly11 said:

most of those hard angles and corners will be a lot softer once you do your first pulls in ABS.

I'm assuming you will pull straight over these, then fill those pulls with plaster or car bog  and refine the bucks from there.

Im going to see how I go with just the 3d printed ones, I may in the future make some plaster ones to expand the amount of uses it can go through before it breaks but at the moment it seems unessessary as my printed ones are reenforced with resin and plaster.

These model is looking really good! Looking forward to see how it turns out. Do you have any idea's on how you might connect the pieces together? For example, the ear pieces using screws? (As was done on the original helmets)
Thank you. Glad to hear you're enjoying the build so far.
Construction will be pretty much identical to the originals with the screws. The crl is my guideline at the moment as well so making sure it matches up to reference shown there.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So kinda lost interest in this project for a while but decided to do some modeling. Have decided I'll do an asymmetrical set first and then a symmetrical set. I've got a few models of the moulds below. Arms are a wip at the moment but got the rough shape. c98f90a629729d97c58db72e8a525168.jpgb1d18be7390bd99f4da6a43b7ed0a8d7.jpg5324c0bba1d6c8251e3376c7594708a0.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So I managed to finish off my clone.
Also finished my TIE pilot stuff, which left the tk bits staring at me asking to get
Done. I was fortunate enough to pick up some moulds off a local member for some of the armour parts but there was no helmet. Decided to fix up the files for a 5th time and have printed out the faceplate now. 1167d7f50326d7bf9431f036a870d3d3.jpgda79f03dcfed47d82ecddc4867be330e.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris, very nice mate Go Aussie Armourers Alliance :D

You wont get many pulls out of 3D printed bucks as they start to warp, we had that issue with our Biker Scout so i suggest you now make a heavier duty buck out of the pull and refine it further.

Great work.

Nice one mate!

Been doing some local spruiking of your TK Consider it a complementary value-add to my usual consulting fees. This one’s on the house lol
Your services are always appreciated Rudi I'm sure the tab is still very high from all the clone trooper consultations so a waiver on this one is great

• Like 1

Hey Chris, very nice mate Go Aussie Armourers Alliance

You wont get many pulls out of 3D printed bucks as they start to warp, we had that issue with our Biker Scout so i suggest you now make a heavier duty buck out of the pull and refine it further.
Great work.
The aim is to get it smoothed and cast a pull with some ultra cal to make the final production moulds. This was a quick test to make sure everything fits. Thanks for the kind words though mate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chris, very nice to see some more progress!   When do you think you’ll go into production?

as was mentioned in a msg many months ago, i’m looking to upgrade my TX.  I’m interested in an ANH TK in resin or fiberglass/resin combo, one piece if that’s doable. If not, i’ll take separate pieces (ears, front/back sides).   Just don’t want it in ABS material.

much appreciated!  Hope you’re doin’ ok down under!

Edited by Thumpy~

• 1 month later...

And so, Chris comes out of the woodwork once again in his by anualy posting on fisd I'm working on a few versions of parts atm, asymmetrical and symmetrical. Fixing up the files of the parts I hadn't done yet, happy with how its coming along. Was remaking some of my clone moulds and decided I'd make a start on some of the parts.

Need to go get some white abs to try these as I only have hips atm, might have some stuff to show off soon.

71fbe193797e9c133efd82d9b89936ac.jpg

• Like 1