TK Thigh Assembly issue

15 minutes ago, Kevin Schnable said:

Can anyone help me out?  I’m having an issue gluing my thigh pieces together.  I’m using E6000 glue but its not holding up once i try to assemble the other side.  It keeps pulling the glue off the other strip.  Any alternative ways to assemble them.  HELP!!!

Hey Kevin

Have you let the glue have enough time to set properly, 24-48h?

Are you gluing one side at a time and letting that side dry? E6000 can take up to 72 hours to dry fully, I normally leave for 24 hours. Also using a combination of clamps, magnets and painters tape can help 

Rare earth magnets can be found on eBay, i use 20mm x 3mm and 15mm x 5mm, I have about 200 of them I've collected over the years but a good cheap substitute is painters tape, you can wrap around the thigh and use some pressure while doing it and it will hold them tight, may need to go around a couple of times.

I just used painters tape on the insides too to keep them together while applying the cover strip, duct tape may be a bit of overkill and leave some glue residue. 

Make sure you leave for at least 24hours to dry in between adding strips.