TK-91593 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS Props] (438)

Name: Ryan Foresta

Forum name: Manbehindthemask

Legion ID: 91593

Garrison: Garrison Excelsior

501st: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=28674

EIB Application: 

*Note: In my EIB application i was told there were no major issues holding me back from centurion, but i did tackle some of the fit and finish issues with the blaster, helmet and shoulder bells.

ALSO! Big shout out to TK-19764 (centurion #270) for helping me take pics at today's armor party! THANKS TOM!

Armor: RS Props

Helmet: RS Props

Blaster: Doopy-doo's

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 170

Boot maker: Imperial Boots

Canvas belt: Trooperbay

Hand plates: Latex

Electronics: TK Talkie, Ukswrath

Neck Seal: Jedi Robes

Holster: Trooperbay

FULL BODY

Front, arms at sides

kHza06A.jpg

Back, arms at sides

YbRvKYF.jpg

Left, arms raised

DuUDAfb.jpg

Right, arms raised

g8IrZHl.jpg

ARMOR DETAILS

ab-kidney attatchment

Nq4d75e.jpg 

button orientation

T59mJU5.jpg

hand plates

KvU4h93.jpg

OMkjtgD.jpg

tX9DiXf.jpg

Shoulder bridge back

8Jmcelh.jpg

Shoulder bridge front

tfsNoIc.jpg

Y3RJvo2.jpg

gux7na7.jpg

back/chest connection

lNUsxSq.jpg

Thigh pack attachment

wRSJIAM.jpg

I27GaYh.jpg

Knee plate

GHheJuY.jpg

GLLdBgZ.jpg

Drop box back

y4gGlLj.jpg

Cod and butt-plate attachment 

eQY1hVb.jpg

zawqvFG.jpg

Interior strapping

ovqKUHD.jpg

Kidney plate notch

Yq6b1EP.jpg

Forearm return edge

AdZB5AK.jpg

Dx4LojC.jpg

HELMET DETAILS

Front

vMXZEJj.jpg

Left side

k8TtPl2.jpg

Right side

ILLUGyX.jpg

Back

uo8a5UF.jpg

Hovi details

SHFuZJs.jpg

Lens detail

mAPzFf0.jpg

"s" trim

Vxi8sYe.jpg

BLASTER DETAILS

Left side

CPWHXlS.jpg

Right side

K8lgrIT.jpg

D ring

0Av2xpc.jpg

ACCESSORIES DETAIL

Neck seal

3IlYL4o.jpg

Thermal detonator

4Km5XS6.jpg

yceZ6Mh.jpg

Holster attachment 

m5K9OUl.jpg

z6iBszJ.jpg

Looking great, Ryan!!

Just a tiny dressing issue that might get flagged - the rear closure of your right leg;

72032f0538b8e897ab261c603f774eb1.jpg

If you have another rear photo with this aligned it might avoid delays. ;-)

Also, I believe you’ll need a picture showing the inside of your thigh ammo pack fixings.

Best of luck - can’t see you having many issues for Centurion!! :-)

Dan

• Like 1

Ahh yes, that pesky shin closure that i ...KEEP FORGETTING TO FIX! heh, this should take care of all that.  Just a simple matter of drilling holes higher up. thank you.

N8bbmfI.jpg

Ammo pack attachment

ye7fr81.jpg

2pLfxw8.jpg

Edited by Manbehindthemask
  • Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-91593 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS Props] (In review)

Hi again Ryan - you have a great looking kit but we do have some requests before we can issue that Centurion Award. 

1# The shoulders need to be closer to the chest and there could be several things preventing that as they look to be rotated towards the back and the undersuit seem to be interfering as well. Some tweeking and a new pic should have this sorted.

LUHWkMC.png

2# A simple fix but an important one for the highest level - keeping the shoulder bridges at equal lenght.

9BYBr4x.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Hi again Ryan - you have a great looking kit but we do have some requests before we can issue that Centurion Award. 

1# The shoulders need to be closer to the chest and there could be several things preventing that as they look to be rotated towards the back and the undersuit seem to be interfering as well. Some tweeking and a new pic should have this sorted.

LUHWkMC.png

2# A simple fix but an important one for the highest level - keeping the shoulder bridges at equal lenght.

9BYBr4x.png

Those shoulder gaps have been bothering me for quite a while. I believe you are correct about the undersuit, it is a lycra material and does bunch up in that area. AND I HATE IT! I'll try to get something thinner. And the shoulder bridge is an easy fix as well.

I'll get working on those changes asap! Thank you!

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-91593 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS Props] (In review - pending)

ALRIGHT FOLKS! Took me a hot second but found some nice Nike "under armor" and it really helped bring those shoulder bells closer to my chest. Also took care of the major oversight of those shoulder bridges. 

npHMnlt.jpg

CSuxIKU.jpg

RXWxeGR.jpg

pics wouldn't upload first time
  • Like 1

Hey Ryan

Almost there, but could you post a straight on shot on the left side ammo belt? It could be the angle or you need to do some trimming on the plastic portion as the angled 45 cut should meet the ends of the cloth belt - thanks:salute:

7 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Ryan

Almost there, but could you post a straight on shot on the left side ammo belt? It could be the angle or you need to do some trimming on the plastic portion as the angled 45 cut should meet the ends of the cloth belt - thanks:salute:

uh-oh....I may have to do some minor surgery on this one :blink: Looks like ill have to re-position it on the canvas. 

C87hhTS.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manbehindthemask said:

Looks like ill have to re-position it on the canvas. 

I´m afraid so, based on that pic, cutting just the plastic would make it worse. If you used E-6000 for the button it should be fairly easy, CA glue a bit more work involved. Sorry for not picking this up earlier.

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

sorry for not picking this up earlier.

Its all good! Theres a lot to look over. I did use CA glue, but only used little dabs in the corners, so gently sliding a utility blade under there and using a little patience i was able to pop it off. 

This looks a bit better. Would afixing the belt in this position pass me for centurion? Just want to make sure before I commit to it.

lKCTeNr.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manbehindthemask said:

Would afixing the belt in this position pass me for centurion?

It would, however you now the the opportunity to snip the end to were it´s perfect, you don´t have to - just putting it on the table:)

FOAXf5H.png

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-91593 requesting TK ANH Stunt Centurion status [RS Props] (438)

Hi again Ryan and thank you for your Centurion application - let’s get you approved shall we! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions. The suggestions to follow are  what we feel would make your armor shine to it’s absolute best - let’s get to it! 

Starting with the helmet and just pushing up the brow trim for a cleaner look. Really nice angle on your ear btw:duim:

o503AiU.png

As you went for the screen accurate strapping method we just want to point out that the screws used were slotted as seen in the reference image.

9NBaO9o.png

Here we suggest to be mindfull when putting on the belt so you can walk away in style.

avYjv8A.png

Last on our list is to lower the left thigh to even out the gap.

SV96TUs.png

There we have it - again congratulations and head on out as a Centurion of the Empire:salute:

• Like 2

Thank you so much! This was such a fulfilling  process and I am extremely proud of my armor. 

Thank you @TheSwede for the review and to everyone on here that has helped me along the way. FOR THE EMPIRE!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Manbehindthemask said:

This was such a fulfilling  process and I am extremely proud of my armor

And so you should - you did great on your armor and on this application:salute:

• Like 1