TheRascalKing

TheRascalKing's Anthology Jimmiroquai TK Build Thread - Part of the SCG Group Build!

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 6:37 AM, DarthBiscuit said:

Are there special permissions? We can't access it.

Yes, currently it's in the extended staff area

• Like 1

Dear Lord Vader help me, it's happening...

nj7xHxO.jpg

9KZ436z.jpg

DarthBiscuit put the fear of God in me (staying away from the Plastidip after all!) but I tried shooting final gloss white and clear today on about half of the parts in my garage.

yb3tG5f.jpg

It's drying now after 2 coats of white (10 min between each, then a 30min break) and then 2 coats of SprayMax 2K gloss clear... man I hope turns out okay! I didn't have enough positive ventilation, so the ground is all white and sticky in my garage. Not my finest idea, but at least I masked the walls, table, and my crate I used to place some of the smaller items on. Fingers crossed! Arms, legs, barrel, and helmet in a day or two.

• Like 1

Haha glad someone could learn from my "process"! PlastiDip might work out, but you might need to peel off the tape for every coat, and sand it rough beforehand to get the best application. Probably best to skip it. Hopefully my vocoder PlastiDip won't peel off... So what will you use for the black?

16 hours ago, Darth147 said:

Can’t wait to see your result 

I think it came out good! Definitely has some orange peel, but I expected that. It's very light in most places and maybe approaching medium in a few, but not a dealbreaker anywhere. Same with the white coverage - couple of tiny spots I missed, but overall pretty darn even and smooth. I'm happy with it. Might cut and buff the chest but otherwise I'll leave it be. Definitely no weird reactions, runs, or cracks. My prep largely paid off, it looks like. Sweet.

ZQ4z1eW.jpg

XVDv6vq.jpg

15 hours ago, DarthBiscuit said:

Haha glad someone could learn from my "process"! PlastiDip might work out, but you might need to peel off the tape for every coat, and sand it rough beforehand to get the best application. Probably best to skip it. Hopefully my vocoder PlastiDip won't peel off... So what will you use for the black?

You know, I sprayed just a matte black primer on the vocoder and it looks pretty good for "rubbery"... probably just that, I guess!

Brought all the pieces inside this morning - will attempt to re-prep the garage and spray the rest today or tomorrow so they can dry and I can paint the colored details!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, StarTrooper said:

Wow that came out great, if I end up needing to paint my FOTK I’ll definitely use your process!

You'll almost certainly need to, and I almost certainly wouldn't hahaha Rattle can is NOT the way to go unless you're somehow WAY more efficient than me. This sucked lol

21 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

You'll almost certainly need to, and I almost certainly wouldn't hahaha Rattle can is NOT the way to go unless you're somehow WAY more efficient than me. This sucked lol

Lol, okay, may need to consider other options:laugh1: I would bet that I’m not even close to as efficient as you!

Edited by StarTrooper
Typo