Different types of troopers questions

Hey All, Question. Do Any Garrisons approve any alternate types of troopers? What I mean is I created a trooper character based on the Thermal Exhaust maintenance port. As a slightly larger person it was my early work around to troop in a charachter from the movie...with a twist. While the armor is SDS the helmet was the black series (because I couldn't get myself to ruin a perfectly good helmet by cutting off the top) I have UKsWrath audio system installed but other Non-trooper accessories adorn the outfit...suspenders..hard hat...tools..etc. Just curious. I love trooping and just was curious if there was anywhere else to go. If you need more photos to see @trooperrepair on twitter. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Unfortunately not, garrison membership liaisons use the CRL's (costume reference library) for approvable costumes as such we/they can't approve unofficial costumes.

Here's some info for you on costume approvals https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

For unofficial troops perhaps they would let you, I would look into finding a helmet that will fit you suitably, it looks like if you get a different helmet and leave the 'construction worker' bits off you could get basic approval.

5 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

For unofficial troops perhaps they would let you, I would look into finding a helmet that will fit you suitably, it looks like if you get a different helmet and leave the 'construction worker' bits off you could get basic approval.

I do have the SDS helmet that came with the armor. I need to loose a little more weight before the rest of the costume fits properly, that was the reason for the "fun trooper costume" The outfit itself was a little small, i had to expand the biceps and probably will need to do so on the legs. However I am thinking of buying the anovos Xtra large outfit they currently have available

Stay away from Anovos, unless you are comfortable waiting years, in my opinion. I'd stick with any of the makers in our vetted/approved list:

Anovos used to be on this list but has had serious issues with delivering things on time.

2 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Stay away from Anovos, unless you are comfortable waiting years, in my opinion. I'd stick with any of the makers in our vetted/approved list:

Anovos used to be on this list but has had serious issues with delivering things on time.

cool.  yeah I'll do a check up. May be ahwile anyway but thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, paulpix said:

Yep read that. May not be approval but i will have to check if they like quirky troopers to join them. one of the members i ran into said sometimes they let a chef style trooper come along with them.

Your question was "Do Any Garrisons approve any alternate types of troopers? What I mean is I created a trooper character based on the Thermal Exhaust maintenance port."

Now to attend events unofficially that's entirely up to your garrison command staff and depends at which events BUT you won't be able join as a member of that garrison or the 501st legion unless you have an approved costume ;) 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Your question was "Do Any Garrisons approve any alternate types of troopers? What I mean is I created a trooper character based on the Thermal Exhaust maintenance port."

Now to attend events unofficially that's entirely up to your garrison command staff and depends at which events BUT you won't be able join as a member of that garrison or the 501st legion unless you have an approved costume ;) 

As mentioned, steer clear of Anovos.  If you are looking for larger armor, I suggest either AP  authenticprops@hotmail.com or RT-Mod  rtmodpanda@gmail.com.