WhiteWalker

TK-82666 - Weird Al Summer Tour

Tampa Bay Squad had the honor to participate in the first stop on Weird Al's 2019 tour in Clearwater, FL this past Thursday June 5.  We had a few veteran performers on stage, but me and most of the others were first timers at this event.  Truly one of the most fun and entertaining troops I've ever been a part of.  Keep in mind if you get the opportunity to do this one in your city, it's about 5-6 hours of mostly waiting around for about 5 minutes of actual trooping.  But it's totally worth it!!

In addition to myself we've got TK's 1157, 52939, 42364, 60168, 22212, 50297, 10436, and of course our Lord Vader SL-12417.

499e48b82879c14bdeecd2111db548b5.jpg

57872eb39ba4f840779f7c037d59d7d5.jpg

8d19b91488eae87ae136522b105df048.jpg

Edited by WhiteWalker
  • Like 3

Awesome!! Our concert is at the end of this month and I am very much looking forward to it!

Thanks for sharing and the heads up on the waiting time, anything to suggest to those of us doing it in our towns? No opportunity before the concert or meet anyone?

Thanks for sharing and the heads up on the waiting time, anything to suggest to those of us doing it in our towns? No opportunity before the concert or meet anyone?

They want you there extra early to be in and settled before the doors open. It also gives you a chance to go on the stage and know your places beforehand, the tour manager will go over that with you. And you’ll have lots of time to practice the dance routine before you go out. If it’s anything like our stop, you’ll get a chance to meet Al after the show for a photo op and autographs. Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Did this a few years ago at the Hard Rock in Orlando.  It was mostly fun, and cool getting to meet Al.  Be prepared to wait for extended periods, though.  We waited for him about an hour after the show to "get showered and stuff", and then stood (still) behind him for another 2 hours while he signed autographs.  Got there at 7 p.m. and left after midnight with a lot of down time.

Definitely a once in a lifetime experience dancing onstage in front of thousands of people.

8APNLT8.jpg?1

• Like 3

Awesome!  I just signed up for the show here to troop and can't wait!