Return edge on front yoke.

Dave Gray

I trimmed the return edge off the front yoke, so there a curvature and sense of depth to the plastic on the back piece, but not on the yoke.  The plastic is "flat" from the front of my shoulder for about 6 inches under my armpit.

I am at an impasse.  I can get a replacement piece, but it's kind of a hefty cost.  I don't want to try to attach the back to the yoke, because doing do would probably destroy the back and if I have to replace it, it's two pieces.

Suggestions?  Is the costume approvable without the return edge?    And even if approvable, will it look good?  I don't want to half-an impolite person it.

--Dave

Can you post a photo so I know for sure what you're looking at?  If it's the part that I'm thinking, then I don't think mine had a return edge either and doesn't now (I'm doing Phasma, but that part is the same armor piece).  

Don't sweat under the armpit wont show much, I did one for trooper and almost had to get it flat under the armpit because of this size. I don't believe the CRL is that specific on amount of return edge. But in general it should fit and look right.

Take some pics with it on along the chest and arm parts and see how it looks

If it really bothers you/looks bad you could always try some white foam or ABS paste after all is said and done, but those are probably more effort than is needed. IMO.

You should post up a couple of photos so we can see the extent of it, that way we can give you some solid feedback and reassurances.

• Like 1