jurel37 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Unknown)

1.  First/last name:  Kevin D

2.  Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area:  Vindicator Squad, Canadian Garrison

3.  Armor maker:  Unknown (Purchased for me off Ebay)

4.  Helmet maker:  Anovos

5.  Cloth belt maker:  

6.  Neck seal maker:  TrooperBay

7.  Boot maker: Imperial Boots

8.  Interior strapping (optional):  Previously Completed and Myself

9.  Blaster maker (if applicable:  

10.  Gasket maker (if applicable): 

11.  Height  (optional):  6'1"

12.  Weight (optional):  221lbs

13.  TK type (ANH Stunt/Hero. ESB, ROTJ. TFA etc.):  ANH - Stunt

14.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build. TK-52349 Jaehy

100_1860.JPG?raw=1
100_1861.JPG?raw=1
100_1862.JPG?raw=1
100_1863.JPG?raw=1
100_1864.JPG?raw=1
100_1865.JPG?raw=1

• Like 2

Hi Kevin, Good work.

I've had a quick look and here's what I see:

. your drop boxes should be moved out towards the end of the ABS belt. They should be aligned with the end of the belt.

. it looks like one of your shoulder straps is coming off. Also, your shoulder straps should come down further on your chest plate

. your backplate is overlapping your kidney plate

. it's hard to tell, but your forearms might be long. They shouldn't overlap your handplates. Maybe its a strapping issue?

. it might be a shadow, but your right thigh cover strip looks too wide, which might also be impacting the positioning of your thigh ammo belt. Please check the CRL.

• Like 1

Weekends tend to be a little quieter- we're out on troops, we're out of town (sometimes out of town on troops), etc.  

Here's what jumps out at me:

eBay?

I would guess it's an AM 1.0- the chest really looks like 1.0 to me.  

Belt boxes to line up with the end of the plastic belt

Move biceps up about an inch or so.  This should help them pushing into the forearms, which are then hitting the hand guards.  If not, you may need to trim the forearms a bit shorter.

Turn the thighs a bit so the cover strip is more centered to the leg, this will also help them line up with the cover strips on the shins.

Shoulder bridges don't look affixed in the front- they should be flush with the chest plate.

The back plate looks rather elongated and large, with a lot of overlap on the kidney.  If you were significantly shorter this wouldn't surprise me as much, but being as tall as you are, how big is the kit?  

The kidney seems to come up very high on the torso.

The det could be moved over just a smidgen to be centered (this is totally nit picky but might as well get used to getting it centered),

The cover strip on the thigh stops at the bottom ridge, and doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the piece.

• Like 1

Nice work, future squad-mate! :salute:

I don't have anything to contribute that hasn't already been said. Slide the dropboxes outwards a little, maybe shorten your forearms a bit (cut away from the elbow end, if needed). I'm also seeing some overlap with your buttplate and your thigh—you may want to trim the buttplate back, or the thigh edge down, to prevent pinching.

The backplate does look elongated - maybe you could trim some off of the top/shoulder section and bring the whole piece up a little. It shouldn't overlap with your kidney plate—which, speaking of, is also much taller than necessary. I can't see from your photos - how does it align with your ab plate? The two should line up, ideally. Trimming some off of the ab plate will also probably help mobility and prevent armour bites!

Here is a photo of mine for reference.

oFoaRoy.jpg

Good luck! I look forward to trooping with you.

• Like 1

Besides what has been mentioned, Kevin, 2 things that may affect basic approval are:

1.  As per the CRL, the shoulder bridges "..shall be securely mounted in the front"...   Not sure about the right side, but the left one needs to be glued down.  Easy fix!

Rhwgc23.jpg

2.  In the back, the bridges extend too far over the tabs and look to be a bit wide.  The bridge should not overlap the tabs at the top of the back plate.  You can also trim down the sides of them if this helps.

The backs of the straps should be parallel (or close to it).  This can be done by measuring when gluing them down. 

LK69fp4.jpg?1  8fplRYI.jpg?1

Nice job overall on this, sir, and best of luck on your submission!  :duim:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Jurel37 said:

My armor had been tweaked and adjusted to all the suggestions. Thanks all. Hopefully this week I’ll be ready to take pics and send them in. 

Awesome!  Keep us up to date on the outcome, and if there are any issues we can help ya' take care of them!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...