TK I.D. Card (Galaxy's Edge)

iceknyght

When I was at GE on Tuesday, I picked up a TK ID card they had that glows (and has a retractable cord)!  And, I don't see any active member with the TK-1901, but if you're new and want to choose it, you'll have a "custom" ID card! ;)  Now, I need to see if I can change the number without ruining it...  LOL!

IMG_1095-sm.jpg

• Like 2

Member TK1901 comes up as "classified' so no doubt retired but from the Dune Sea Garrison https://www.501st.com/members/searchresults.php

Once a number is taken it is taken for life so can't be used by anyone else.

But you could always add an extra number to the end ;) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be going to Galaxys edge in January and I am definitely picking one of these up. How are the graphics put onto the id card? Is it etched into the material? Or is it like a frosted paint on top of the plastic?

Watching a review of Galaxy's Edge merch yesterday and these ID cards are available at Galaxy's Edge, wasn't a one off so they all may have the same id number

2 hours ago, Manbehindthemask said:

I'll be going to Galaxys edge in January and I am definitely picking one of these up. How are the graphics put onto the id card? Is it etched into the material? Or is it like a frosted paint on top of the plastic?

So, I tried taking mine apart and it's 2 acrylic pieces, and the artwork/info is etched on the inside of one piece and basically sandwiched in there.  It looks to be etched, but I am not 100% sure...

54 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Looks like frosted decal. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I *think* it's etched, but I can't take the whole thing apart without breaking it, so I can't tell for sure...

50 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Probably laser etched acrylic. If you have a laser cutter or know someone who does you could probably reverse-engineer and make your own.

That's what I was wanting to do, but they glued the electronic board to the housing and/or the acrylic piece...  I am sure it can be taken apart, but I really don't want to break it!

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Watching a review of Galaxy's Edge merch yesterday and these ID cards are available at Galaxy's Edge, wasn't a one off so they all may have the same id number

Yep, they all have the same number (just mass-produced)...  They had a BUNCH of them at the Dok-Ondar's when I was there...

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, iceknyght said:

When I was at GE on Tuesday, I picked up a TK ID card they had that glows (and has a retractable cord)!  And, I don't see any active member with the TK-1901, but if you're new and want to choose it, you'll have a "custom" ID card! ;)  Now, I need to see if I can change the number without ruining it...  LOL!

Nice! Too bad Disney refuses to personalize anything Star Wars, this would be a nice addition to my collection. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

Nice! Too bad Disney refuses to personalize anything Star Wars, this would be a nice addition to my collection. 

True, but there's got to be a way to "customize" it...  Someone braver than I just has to see how it fully comes apart! ;)   I already worked up a "re-imagined" design to replace it, if I can figure it all out...  :) 

• Like 2

True, but there's got to be a way to "customize" it...  Someone braver than I just has to see how it fully comes apart!    I already worked up a "re-imagined" design to replace it, if I can figure it all out...   

Now that I’m interested in.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

I feel a dark web sales page in the works ;) lol

JK

LOL!

This was what I came up with for me.  The pink is the plastic holder part and border, the rest would be etched...

TK-ID_Card-opt1.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

LOL!

This was what I came up with for me.  The pink is the plastic holder part and border, the rest would be etched...

TK-ID_Card-opt1.jpg

Sign me up. I'll be back at GE in a couple weeks, may pick up a few of these then. What store were these in? Didn't see them when I was there.

Just now, Manbehindthemask said:

So, I was telling my girlfriend about this ID badge and shes a big Disney fanatic and told me that 1901 is walt Disney's birth year. Nice little easter egg!

That is interesting. If my wife knew she would shoot me for not catching that lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manbehindthemask said:

So, I was telling my girlfriend about this ID badge and shes a big Disney fanatic and told me that 1901 is walt Disney's birth year. Nice little easter egg!

That's a neat little Easter egg. 

Still rather have my number on it. lol

Edited by TK 14166

1 hour ago, TK 14166 said:

Oh yeah totally. I would love to carry a custom one with my gear. I'll definitely be picking up 2 when I go.

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Sign me up. I'll be back at GE in a couple weeks, may pick up a few of these then. What store were these in? Didn't see them when I was there.

The Antiquities shop (Dok-Ondar's), where the Kyber Crystals and sabers and such were...  There was a whole bunch of them on the wall if you go left when you walk in, across from the Crystals...

3 hours ago, Manbehindthemask said:

Yep!  I am also a huge Disney nerd...  :) 

2 hours ago, TK 14166 said:

Same here!  LOL!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TK 14166 said:

Think you'll make them @iceknyght?

I don't have the capabilities to myself, but if I could find someone that could do the printing/etching part (and figure out how to replace the plastic without breaking the electronics board), I'd be totally up for it...

• Like 1

I ended up picking one of these up during the cast preview and of course couldn't post about it during the NDA window :P There's also a small compartment for sticking a passport-sized photo :)

Edited by TKSnake
  • Like 1