[11] TK-3373 Troop Log

Troop #1

Event: Christchurch Armageddon Expo

Date: 1 June 2019 to 3 June 2019

My first official troop in my newly approved ESB TK armour at our local pop culture convention. Had a blast for the three days I attended and we raised a decent amount of money for Child Cancer.

FB_IMG_1559545215028.jpg

Edited by TK3373
  • Like 5

Cool Scott !!  Wellcome to the ranks.  As you said, the first trooping is so exciting and great experience so it was for me .

Keep on doing good trooper!!  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
add content

Troop #2

Event: Oamaru on Fire Winter Festival

Date: 8th June 2019

Another week another trooping opportunity. This time we travelled about 3 & 1/2 hours South to an evening event as the finale of the Oamaru on Fire Festival. It was fairly cold due to it being winter down under but extra layers of thermals meant that it was more bearable.

This time the charity was Ronald McDonald House. :)

received_342798416406963.jpeg

• Like 2

Troop #3

Event: 30th Birthday Party

Date: 9th June 2019

An impromptu 30th Birthday Party troop for a friend of a fellow garrison member. I had the official duty of carrying the cake with the candles lit whilst in full armour. We had some photos and afterwards sampled the cake. :)

tbhkmzJ.jpg

Edited by TK3373
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Troop #4

Event: Christchurch Lego Brick Show

Date: 13th & 14th July 219

For two days we trooped at the annual Christchurch Lego Brick show raising money for the CCF (Child Cancer Foundation). Lots of photos and high fives were had. We managed to raise around $500.00 on day one alone.

A great event plus there was heaps of Star Wars exhibits including a Deathstar Trench and a scale model of the Citadel tower on Scariff. :)

66965831_401268610734242_6171738382239006720_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Troop #5

Event: CCF Sparkle Ball

Date: 9 August 2019

We provided the door duty at this charity event which was raising money for CCF (Child Cancer Foundation). There was an auction with funds raised going to the charity. It was fun as always especially standing at the door and letting the patrons into the event. They weren't expecting to see us and were surprised that we were in attendance. A few photos were had and it was a nice change to do a more high profile event.

HsIs2g2.jpg

Edited by TK3373

• 1 month later...

Troop #6

Event: Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinsons Collection Day

Date: 7 September 2019

Over three separate mall locations our troopers were deployed in collecting for the Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinsons charity.. The mall was a tad quieter then usual for a Saturday, probably due to the sunny weather outside, nevertheless the had a steady stream of people coming for photos and donating. Lots of high fives were given and great to see the faces of the children both young and old.

We helped raise a bit of money for the charity and having the troopers there raised the awareness.

BUlnYxd.jpg

Troop #7

Event: Allenton School Fair

Date: 21 September 2019

We headed about 2 hours away from home for a bit of a road trip to attend a school fair. There were five troopers in attendance, made up of two Officers to keep us in line, a Tie Fighter Pilot to patrol the skies, Boba Fett to collect any bounties and myself the TK on the ground. It was a cool event lots of high fives and photos were had. The fair opened with some skydivers dropping in but I suspect they may have been rebels. Afterwards we grabbed a bit to eat and headed back to base.

5Q9TyBf.jpg

• Like 4

Troop #8

Event: CCF Fundraiser Canterbury Vs Counties Rugby Match

Date: 28 September 2019

For a different type of event we were asked to help raise money for CCF (Child Cancer Foundation) at a local provincial Rugby match. Its like American Football but without the pads.  We were tasked with standing the entrance to the stadium and selling for a gold coin donation glow sticks that fans could wave around. The theme of the event was 70's and they had some disco music playing.

All the trooper types we represented. There was a Sandtrooper, Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper Commander, an Imperial Officer, a Rebel Pilot and myself as a Stormtrooper. It was a fun event we we had high fives and photos. After that we headed back to the base for refreshments.

99tHsAK.jpg

• Like 2

Troop #9

Event: Triple Force Friday

Date: 4 October 2019

As part of the midnight release of the new Star Wars range of toys we were invited to attend the Triple Force Friday at a local Toyworld. There were only two others in the country who were doing this and as we are one of the first countries to see the sun rise were the first worldwide. We geared up at about 11:30pm and headed outside to welcome the customers who stayed up late to get a first look at the new toy range. We trooped for about a hour before we de-kitted and headed back home to bed.

Pt5OcJd.jpg

pEnGbW7.jpg

• Like 3

Troop #10

Event: Elim Kids Costume Night

Date: Thurs 31/10/2019 (Halloween)

Twas the night of all Hallows Eve and the spooks were about,

The troopers were all ready, there was even a Scout.

A Tie Pilot, an Officer and some TKs were there,

The kids were all dressed up, their intention to scare.

A jungle motif was the theme of the day,

A DJ for dancing and a bouncy castle to play.

Some photos were had and even some high fives,

But at the mention of macarena we ran for our lives.

We finished our mission and headed back to the base,

Having trooped in our kits as the plastic men from space.

Two of the troopers who were yet to be seen,

But rumours were had, they went for ice scream.

sZ8sKEp.jpg

Edited by TK3373
  • Like 1

Troop #11

Event: Special Childrens Christmas Party

Date: 23 November 2019

I had the privilege once again to attend this event. This event is held for children with special needs to provide them with a Christmas they will never forget. Our goal was to put smiles on Chrildrens faces for at least one day of the year.  We arrived got kitted up and after the briefing we met the children and their parents/guardians at the door where we handed out hats for them to keep. We also had our trusty marker pens on hand to sign the hats. I lost count of how many hats I signed but there were up to 1200 children at the event. Lots of photos and high fives were had. One woman I spoke to said that they have been coming to the event for a few years and that we were the highlight of the event for them.

I have done a few of these troops in the past and these are always my favourite event, however this year was the time I have trooped at this event in my ESB TK.

RrzYaC3.jpg

Edited by TK3373
  • Like 1