Galaxy's Edge - First Order Store

gmrhodes13

9 minutes ago, Hutt-trooper said:

OMG. Sometimes living so far away in New Zealand just hurts!

Aint that the truth!!

From a brother from across the ditch.

So my plan is to go back the weekend of July 4th. IF I do contact me before then. Maybe I can get a group order going and ship everything to you guys in one box. Just a thought

• Like 3

The really, really , really frustrating thing is that the Kylo helmet, FOTK helmet and FOTK armor are Anovos and it is rumored if you order at the park they guarantee delivery in 6-8 weeks. This tells me that all of our outstanding orders either went to or are going to Disney first. By the timeline my suspicion is that the "Container" that was arriving in March with all our stuff then magically disappeared actually went to Disney also.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

The really, really , really frustrating thing is that the Kylo helmet, FOTK helmet and FOTK armor are Anovos and it is rumored if you order at the park they guarantee delivery in 6-8 weeks. This tells me that all of our outstanding orders either went to or are going to Disney first. By the timeline my suspicion is that the "Container" that was arriving in March with all our stuff then magically disappeared actually went to Disney also.

I would not be surprised by this at all.  Could you imagine what a s*htstorm they'd be in if they messed up in-park purchases- a lot of whom are probably annual passholders? Or if not, after they paid how much to get in the park?  

3 hours ago, sharkbait said:

I would not be surprised by this at all.  Could you imagine what a s*htstorm they'd be in if they messed up in-park purchases- a lot of whom are probably annual passholders? Or if not, after they paid how much to get in the park?  

Clouded the future is!

Lets hope for all those who have showed the utmost of patience, will not be met with further disappointment due to this apparent time frame information.

If the rumors are to be believed, Anovos have signed another 3 year license agreement with Disney.

• Like 1

It would appear either Disney are unaware of Anovos's bad reputation for supply of pre orders OR just doesn't care.

6 hours ago, ukswrath said:

So my plan is to go back the weekend of July 4th. IF I do contact me before then. Maybe I can get a group order going and ship everything to you guys in one box. Just a thought

Thanks Tony

That is incredibly generous. Q is In Australia while I'm in New Zealand - so not quite one box since we're in different countries... There might be some other locals here in NZ though - let me ask around (Maybe Q is in the same boat over in Aus?).. Thanks again for the offer.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

It would appear either Disney are unaware of Anovos's bad reputation for supply of pre orders OR just doesn't care.

Disney is well aware you can count on that. Now that there's a lawsuit with their name on it all because Anovos got in way over their heads, something is going to give.

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Disney is well aware you can count on that. Now that there's a lawsuit with their name on it all because Anovos got in way over their heads, something is going to give.

With an apparent further 3 years licence you'd think Anovos would be on their last chance.

It's quite simply, don't try to get too big too fast and deliver what you promise. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

With an apparent further 3 years licence you'd think Anovos would be on their last chance.

It's quite simply, don't try to get too big too fast and deliver what you promise. 

Well Disney isn't free from sin either. They've had their share of disasters.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, mikidymac said:

I was at GE on Tuesday and when I was leaving the First Order shop, I saw an employee walking into the shop with a Kylo helmet box.  I assume the helmet was inside and was just sold...  If I had a pre-order that I had been waiting for, I'd definitely be pissed...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ericnathan811 said:

For those who know more about the officer uniforms, are the Disney ones up to 501st standards? Cause if they are something tells me we’re about to have a bunch of more members then.

I believe the ones in the store are by Anovos, which their OT Officers need some minor mods (they have lacked a modesty panel, for example), but I haven't heard anything specific about the FO Officers.  You'd think because Anovos is licensed they would be, but that's not a given.  I didn't see an FO Officer (other than some patches/insignia) on their website, so I don't have any photos to compare to the CRL.  The IOC forums would likely know better- ImperialOfficer.com.

EDIT: I found a thread on the IOC forums about Anovos' FO Officers, they were like $2,200, and not even tailored.  The links are also dead (probably why I couldn't find them on the Anovos website).  Even if you wanted a high-end Officer, $2k+ is expensive, even for FOs (which are more rare and therefore more expensive/harder to find).

Edited by sharkbait