Butt snap color requirement?

I was looking at the CRL and the requirement for the snaps on the butt plate.  It states there must be 2 of them.  Are they required to be a certain color.  I was reading through some of the forum entries and was not able to find any info about color requirement.  For my kit, I used the black or dark colored ones to help camoflage them with the strapping.  Will these be ok as well for the 2 snaps?  Or do I have to paint them or buy a small pack of appropriate color.

Thanks,

Michael

I'm pretty sure they should be chrome or silver in color. Though I'm pretty sure this is never directly addressed in the CRL. These are mine.1ea8c47c70e696de560f2410476d3f0d.jpgf19a37f0c475f8e585f2cc5781ef171e.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The original screen-used snaps were standard nickel/chrome.  That's what you're going to want to use, unless you're talking about the Shadow trooper, perhaps.  Standard white armor needs to be silver-toned.

Take a look at EIB and Centurion submissions, and you definitely won't see any non-silver snaps.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mjrose927 said:

I was looking at the CRL and the requirement for the snaps on the butt plate.  It states there must be 2 of them.  Are they required to be a certain color.  I was reading through some of the forum entries and was not able to find any info about color requirement.  For my kit, I used the black or dark colored ones to help camoflage them with the strapping.  Will these be ok as well for the 2 snaps?  Or do I have to paint them or buy a small pack of appropriate color.

As mentioned, do not paint them, Michael.  The exterior color (silver/chrome) will in fact be a requirement in the new CRL updates.  Ones that are painted white are occasionally accepted by some GMLs for Basic approval, but for EI and Centurion they must have a silver(ish) finish.  The inside parts of the snaps can be any color (within reason, lol).

• Like 1