RE: New CRL Updates... Please Read.

justjoseph63

Okay Troopers (and future Troopers),

If you have kept up on recent events here, you are aware that the updated changes in the CRLs for ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, ESB and ROTJ  will take effect on June 1st.

We understand that many of you may have started your build before that date, and in order to avoid confusion and possibly causing you to have to make changes, we are allowing those in that scenario to adhere to the existing CRL guidelines.  There are some conditions, though:

1.  You must have started (and documented) your build here on the FISD prior to June 1st.

2.  You will have until September 1st (approximately 90 days) of this year to submit for Expert Infantry and then Centurion if you opt to go for higher levels with that particular set of armor.

3.  We took into consideration that an average set of armor takes approximately 3 months (or less) to build and that "life happens", but if you find that it will be taking longer than the 90 days, you will be required to contact the D.O. staff if you are aiming for EI or Centurion and explain your situation.

After that date, you will be required to follow the requirements as per the updated CRL.

If you have already started your build and would like to include the new updates, you are more than welcome (and encouraged) to do so.

If you have met the above guidelines and would like to use the existing CRL, we suggest that you print a copy before June 1st, as these will not be available to view on the 501st site after that.

• Like 11

Hello,

I would like to access the new CRL but I can’t. Not sure if it’s because I’m not a 501st member yet - I’m still working on my first build, but making good progress. The link in the May newsletter informs me I don’t have permission to view that link. And a site search of “CRL” doesn’t return any results.

Is this a tech support question? I’m not sure what access level I should request, since I’m still a month or two away from applying for official membership...is there a different link?

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer!  They are being done at this very moment, and should be up quickly.  Is this the page (located on the 501st site) that you are looking at?

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Note that those may still be the existing CRLs, but you may be asked by your GML when you submit for basic approval to adhere to the new ones.  There are just a few minor changes for basic approval so you should be good to go.

This is the link I tried to access:

I don’t know if you can see it from your end, but even the hotlink shows a frowney face on my display -

Indeed, the CRL link you just posted has a date of May 5 2019. I’m assuming that’s not the updated version.

I was building towards Centurion, but I have made enough mistakes that it’s likely going to need a few fixes at 

least. I’ll be eagerly waiting for the update to post. Thanks for your response.

2 hours ago, tsongololo said:

This is the link I tried to access:

I don’t know if you can see it from your end, but even the hotlink shows a frowney face on my display -

That would be because that thread is in a 501st only section so you would need to be an approved legion member to access ;)