TK-32294 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [ATA] (436)

Bazz

17 hours ago, TheSwede said:

It’s more than okey, the original armor did not have any flat surface on the back of forearms so trim away:duim:

And, it’s easier to drill out a snap than you would think. Was surprised the first time I did it and now I’m in the process of replacing all my snaps on the FOTK to better quality DOT snaps:)

12 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

This is what I would do, Adi:

1.  Right now you have a tiny bit of return edge on the ends.  I suggest trimming all of that off, which will make them easier to bend into place.  (Photo 1).  Note how in photo 3 that there is no return edge at all.

2. Make an interior cover strip from ABS (or any heavy duty white plastic).  This should be wider** than the exterior one as seen below (photo 2).

3. After trimming to size, use E-6000 to glue the strip in and clamp it firmly while it dries (24 hours to be safe).

4. After it dries it should hold the sides into the correct arc.

5. Re-attach the exterior strip, glue, clamp and let it dry.

**The interior strip can be as wide as you need, and will not affect approval at any level.  **

I think you guys are missing the point. For starters ATA armor has two different size forearms, the right being larger. Also the armor is thick as doesn't flex very well. If Adi trims the flat part back he'll have to trim the cover strip well below the 15mm. The cover strip material is even thicker and is not flexible so trying to curve it won't due either. If he does this it will undoubtedly leave him with a cover strip that is not flush which probably won't look pretty, not to mention it could get snagged on things, and he'll most certantly need to add an inner cover strip for strength.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Biceps and forearms are different, I used heat to oval a bicep and a forearm so they matched their respective pair. With having thinner arms I also added some foam inside all of these so they sat central, with gloves on you don't notice any gaps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Biceps and forearms are different, I used heat to oval a bicep and a forearm so they matched their respective pair. With having thinner arms I also added some foam inside all of these so they sat central, with gloves on you don't notice any gaps.

Sorry I meant forearms, biceps are pretty close to the same size.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alay said:

For removing the snaps to replace, just stick a drill bit in the center and go to town.  It'll take it out with a little elbow grease :)

Great job so far Adi!  

Just be careful how hot you get the snap drilling it, I melted plastic once

• Like 1

lEgS75S.jpg

Gmh4gSZ.jpg

4qHPV7o.jpg

3NsouhB.jpg

It does look and fit better

And now the things that scare me in the first place, hope the glue strong enough

IR1X4mH.jpg

eSMJYCD.jpg

Hello brothers I've trimmed one of the forearms , this is the result , personally I think its good enough

UKQMYhR.jpg

uKI8v9w.jpg

qRV36YL.jpg

F2egUUi.jpg

O3OO7vs.jpg

2zMpjar.jpg

Please give me your opinions , if its good ,then I'll trimmed another forearm, Thank you 

@ukswrath @justjoseph63 @TheSwede @msouza @Alay

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good Adi. How did the cover strip connection turn out?

its a little wonky, and mostly only middle part of the cover strip that glued, but not look that bad actually

Adi, make sure you try it on with the under suit on, last thing you want after cutting and re gluing is finding out that its still not right! But if they look and fit like the photo quoted below then yes that does look much better. I know you were a bit concerned but great job!!

On 6/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, Bazz said:

3NsouhB.jpg

okay fellas , here its , After almost a week, I encourage myself to trim the forearms and BOOM , pretty happy with the results

uZjzKRV.jpg

1j36v5t.jpg

j7U3ucj.jpg

klXS95d.jpg

And Also I choose to paint the snap instead of replacing it, just because..safety, you know, I dont want to screw my armor haha,better play it safely

here it goes

Before

B91aSfU.jpg

After

rjIMy67.jpg

What a ride...

Hope I get approved soon enough, 

thank you guys for gave me advices and encourage me to do the trim ! @justjoseph63 @ukswrath @Alay @TheSwede @msouza

#TrooperHelpingTrooper

Regards

Bas

TK-32294

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks fantastic, Adi... that extra work really paid off, brother.  Nice job!!  :salute:

Thank you sir !! just made my day :)

30 minutes ago, msouza said:

That little bit made a huge difference! Grate work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you Mike !! appreciate it brother

2 hours ago, Alay said:

Nicely done! Good job Adi!

Thanks Sarah ! Now I'll just patiently wait hahaha , hope for some good news

1 hour ago, Bazz said:

Is there any change or adjustmen should I make ? or  should I just idly wait @justjoseph63 @TheSwede @Alay

Adi, great job on adjusting your forearms, if you could suit up & post some photos showing off your newly fitted armor I’d appreciate it.! Front, back, left &right with arms down  and arms raised would be great. 

16 minutes ago, msouza said:

Adi, great job on adjusting your forearms, if you could suit up & post some photos showing off your newly fitted armor I’d appreciate it.! Front, back, left &right with arms down  and arms raised would be great. 

sure, I'll do it tonight , anything else sir ?

@msouza sorry sir, my maid is the one who help me with placinng and wearing costume so the placement sometimes a little wonky, but the point is you can see the forearms now is fit better

NTGX7MI.jpg

DzU04wq.jpg

D7jZ0xT.jpg

0LgVSPh.jpg

stp3xI1.jpg

3Qshu4l.jpg

GuaQKfg.jpg

NtcUT2H.jpg

What do you guys think with the forearms ? @justjoseph63 @ukswrath @Alay @TheSwede

Edited by Bazz
  • Like 2

Hey Adi looking good, forearms too. Just be aware the cover strips may get snagged on things because they're not flush with the armor,  other than that you look great :duim: 

The only other adjustment I see needing is the placement of arm sections. From the front and back views it appears your right arm armor is considerably longer than the left. If you have a fabric tape measure start at the very tip of the shoulder bell and measure to the wrist end. Note the lower end of each section then compare arms. Afterwards make adjustments as needed. The goal is to have a uniformed look between sides. 

Keep up the great work as usual :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1