Couple of KB Props Questions

dark_jedi_ire

hi foks

With help (thanks Daniel) looks like Im about to order my FOTK from KB props..  Anyone know if they do only TFA and Or TLJ? which would be Easier to assemble? (seams etc) , Painting,, for TFA, I have a Standard line Anovos bucket, Anyone know a ready paint Can to use? to Match..  

Any other general advise? 

Thanks

R

• Like 1

Hi there! Great to see you starting your journey to the First Order.

Yes, they offer both kits.

No real difference in build to speak of.

Anovos cited RustOleum 2x as a good colour match to their helmets but, honestly, the only way you’ll get a total match is to paint your bucket with your kit. That’s what I ended up doing. It was easier than you’d expect.

Shout out if you have any more questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Darren.. I have completed but Sold on my older Jimmi`s Kit, Painting the bucket was one of the most enjoyable parts of the Build for me,, so for me its more so getting the paint matched up..  and I suppose also,, Which would be an easier build ( with the Seams etc on the TLJ build compared to the TFA build,,  as Mentioned I have the TFA bucket already.. hmmm,,  but would need to get a TLJ Bucket which Adds to costs,,,

48 minutes ago, dark_jedi_ire said:

Which would be an easier build ( with the Seams etc on the TLJ build compared to the TFA build,,

Like Darren mentioned it´s no difference in building a TFA/TLJ. There can´t be visible seams on the yoke or on the side of the Ab/kidney on either suit:)

• Like 1

Thanks Guys,,

Thanks for Confirming that for me..  

More Research for me I think ..  

Just shout out. We’re all here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, dark_jedi_ire said:

hi foks

With help (thanks Daniel) looks like Im about to order my FOTK from KB props..  Anyone know if they do only TFA and Or TLJ? which would be Easier to assemble? (seams etc) , Painting,, for TFA, I have a Standard line Anovos bucket, Anyone know a ready paint Can to use? to Match..  

Any other general advise? 

Thanks

R

Hey Rob welcome to the FISD, great to see another FOTK  joining the ranks.

Looks like you've been given some advice so far. I think you'll like the ABS version of the armor, a little bit more complex to build but worth it in my opinion. There's quite a few post and present build threads you can follow not to mention many experienced builders here to help, so you're in good hands here.

As for paint, myself as well as a few other owners went with the more expensive professional paint route for durability and overall look. This is not mandatory by any means, just another option. If you're interested to know more let us know.

Anyway, looking forward to your build :popcorn:  

Looking forward to seeing your build thread soon.

For paint I was lucky enough to find a local auto shop had a base white which matched the Anovos helmet perfectly. I do prefer using acrylic automotive paint in spray can, dries quickly so you can apply multiple coats in a day and can be sanded and buffed. I've used Rustoleum before for another project but found inconsistency in spray from one can to the next.

Can't go wrong with ABS and I know KB has been doing some updates to his moulds. Make sure you have a look through some of the build threads in regards to strengthening some areas, will save you some grief in the long run.

Good luck.