Amount of trimming allowed on the upper chest

PanzerKraken

So finally got everything assembled roughly and doing the test fitting of everything now to see what needs final trimming and adjustments.  So right away the arms around the yoke and pits is way too tight, even without bicep armor on, I can barely put my arms down so need to trim parts of the yoke and the chest plate down to give me some room at least.  Also to remove some of the return edge near the shoulders to get the chest to sit a little lower as well.  I feel like I can trim down a whole lot around the arms but also not sure how much return edge is required or should be had.  Near the shoulders of the yoke on some FOTKs i've seen big return edges, while I've seen a couple that look to have almost none.  From the CRL there is no clear guide to this and I don't want to cut off too much or like with a normal TK is it pretty lenient for fitting sake?

From other pics it makes me wonder, is it fairly common that most FOTK's have very little ability to look down?  I'm used to wearing my regular ANH TK and I can move my head fairly well but so far in my FOTK I can barely move an inch without the bottom of the helmet hitting the chest top.  Feels very restrictive visual wise compared to a standard TK.

I find I don't have as much movement in my FOTK and looking down is not as easy as in my OTTK.

Adding some photos of what you are talking about could help, many of us use Imgur, once you upload the photo just copy and paste the "direct link" into your post.

• Like 1

Got it linked here on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fjA8g8V_11SU8aVrrGeNFErIkgkzS-oj/view?usp=sharing

Marked in red where I'm wondering if I can trim more off, especially under the arm areas as it's really tight and I can't even put my arms down, I can't imagine this with the biceps on. Also that it just seemed to sit a bit high cause my helmet is practically sitting on the chest plate and I can barely see forward, Im almost looking slightly up 

In back you can get away with a bit more. I've found 1/2 in of return for the yoke works fine.

I've heard of being removing more than that on the back but it's a question of form and moving verus how you want it to look. I would say that red line looks like a good cut line. Still leaves some return for that look, but you should able to move more

• 3 years later...