NerdBird's first Anovos TK build

NerdBird

Unless they've changed their process this is normal for them. I would contact them anyways just in case, other then that be prepared to buy a shoe stretcher. 

You can also try stuffing with bunched up wet newspaper an leave to dry, an oldie but a goodie. https://www.wikihow.com/Stretch-New-Shoes

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, NerdBird said:

Got my boots, gloves, blaster and neck seal in finally. I feel the boots are a little too small because my little toes are smashing against the edge of the boot. My big toe is almost an inch away from the tip, I just have some wide feet. Should I think about getting a bigger size? Kind of stinks if I made this mistake

I used this technique that I found online...

Put on two pairs of socks (might have to start with one pair) and stuff your feet into the boots, then use a hair dryer to heat the leather, then walk around really forcing your feet to stretch-out the leather, then leave them on and let them cool. Then add another pair of socks and repeat.  Mine fit great now.

• 1 month later...

Been gone for a bit, I got busy with a summer class that turned out to be harder than I thought. It's over with and now I can start working on the build again. I was stretching my boots while I studied for the class and today I tried the hair dryer, the boots feel perfect now.

As for progress on the build, I started working on things that I took notes on a month ago that were bugging me and the bottom half feels great. I am currently working on a button system for the top, not a big fan of the Velcro that I currently have. If that will make it so the armor wont pass let me know.

Lets get down to the photos.

k470T6y.jpg

Need to do a hot water bath for this piece, still over lapping (calf)

RbuRX9f.jpg

Need to cut this down, it's pinching me a bit (thigh)

ejdQRMF.jpg

KMiNGNB.jpg

I have setup a belt that I will wear for the thighs. Is this okay? Also the gap between the thighs and the calves seems to be too big, is it okay if they are that separated? Also the gap between the pieces that are glued together. I am thinking about using abs paste to fix it, is that okay?

9e0DfcF.jpg

This is one of the calves, should I cut it?

Za2J8po.jpg

8JF7kZU.jpg

Here it is with the bottom, currently doing some things to the top so I could not attach it. Are the ammo packs too far out? The butt cover seems to be a little too open, should I fix that?

cox8Gda.jpg

Rri8zgF.jpg

Lastly here are the sides, the right needs to be painted white over the silver caps. The left side is something I have no idea how to fix, the bottom of it will not be flush with the kidney. Anyone have any recommendations to fix this?

Thanks to everyone on these forums! You guys have been so much help and I can't say thank you enough. I tried reaching out to the garrison in my area about any upcoming build parties and they did not know of any so these forums have filled the gap of guidance that I have needed.