Dielotski's First Build - ANH Stunt [AM]

Dielotski

As long as they are comfortable and you have enough room, you can split the difference on each side.  Just make sure the seam is in the center of each side and runs vertical and not at an angle. The bottoms can be trimmed as well.

JxZEiW5.jpg?1    RrQVc3E.jpg

7 hours ago, husky68 said:

I think for aesthetics you want the bottom to be roughly the same diameter as the top of the forearm. That way it looks uniform in size. Obviously big enough to slip over your forearm and not be split apart by your biceps ( in case you have a gun show going up there). Some guide images show a V cut to keep bottom smaller allow space for said gun show. Keep in mind large biceps might make bells harder to keep close to chest armor.

No gun show going on here!  So more uniform in size will work for me.  Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Great! That means you can get that sleek ANH-look:duim: If you look at the Troopers the biceps are quite thin. The bicep piece should move freely up and down your arm but that’s about it.  And yes check size with forearm so it matches up, biceps, in the movie, are usually smaller in size than forearm but never bigger (atleast I’ve not seen one)  If going for movie accuracy that is. 

Out of retirement already?  :)  Seriously, I've enjoyed your posts and builds.  And you make a badass FOTK!

Unfortunately, my belly and legs are not so sleek.  :)   Thank you for the additional pictures.  I had some saved but they didn't have the same perspective as yours.  The AM bicep definitely has more curve on the inner part and more v shaped than cylinder shaped as the screen worn biceps.  I'll get the forearms out start rough sizing them for comparison.

Thank you very much!!

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

As long as they are comfortable and you have enough room, you can split the difference on each side.  Just make sure the seam is in the center of each side and runs vertical and not at an angle. The bottoms can be trimmed as well.   

Awesome!  I'll see what I can do tonight.  Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Dielotski said:

Out of retirement already?  :)  Seriously, I've enjoyed your posts and builds.  And you make a badass FOTK!

Thank you:) And I only stepped down from Staff, not stepping down from FISD:salute:

• Like 3

To tighten up the top portion of the right bicep I pivoted pieces together leaving the bottom edges with no overlap.  I think i have a good fit now but I'll wait until i have the torso pieces on before doing the final cuts.  I'll trim down the left bicep so it's a bit larger than the right so it will be easier to tape together.  Right now its really unwieldy with all of that extra ABS.  I added blue tape to mark the center of the inner pieces to help on alignment.

This is both sides of the right.

ACtC-3dHZ8IGeKjeHgrtVEUd1GY3aCO19GVqm3sC

And the ends of the right.

ACtC-3fMyYV--iX5uxzjIGM1p3LlPH-hGXeQ_kwd

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, Dielotski said:

Finished product.  Well, mostly finished.  The screws got a bit scuffed up during assembly.  I'll touch those up the next time I have the black paint out.

Great work with your TD.  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Biceps - Final Trim and Inner Cover Strips Added

Our eternal (it seems) kitchen remodel is done.  Well, complete enough to pass final inspections.  So I'm going to try to focus on finishing my kit before we move on to the next project.

I decided to move forward with the biceps.  I trimmed and glued the inner cover strips for the right bicep.  Trying it on and moving my arm around in multiple directions I believe it may be just a little too tight. Because of that, for the left bicep pieces, I made the 'final' cuts leaving about 1-2m more material than the right so it's now about 4-8mm wider in circumference.  This seems better.  It shifts up and down really nice. If the right arm gives me fits down the road I can always expand the joints without an issue.  

I still need to level off the bottom of the biceps but I will wait until after final fittings for that and to add the outer cover strips.

ACtC-3c0KkjaZQWQbX3Ba60TM090yuDwAbP5YRy8

Forearms Untrimmed

Out of the box the left forearm has a uniform length of of 26 cm / 10-1/4" and a circumference of 33.3 cm / 13-3/16" near the elbow and then 29 cm / 11-3/8" at the wrist.

ACtC-3dNYb4mB3pYGjx577BhlbVaPiKRIL_cGndq

The right forearm has a mobility cut already in it.  The long side is 27.5 cm / 10-3/4" and the short side is 25.5 cm / 10".  Circumference is 41.5 cm / 16-3/8" near the elbow and 35 cm / 13-3/4" at the wrist.

ACtC-3fx8uf2ol1WaQm87_KejhY249-rcaiw2WEc

Shots of both.
ACtC-3fMQm4j98MFVbb_malJ4MU8Kg89dK7lzbxo

Edited by Dielotski
Fixed links

Forearms - Removing the Return Edges

The forearms had a tighter radius than the biceps so I had to make some relieve cuts before using the curved lexan scissors.
ACtC-3erbGYCicW8fVl6VkgQAhIkw8VFw2-jRDXq

Files made quick work of the rest.  I still need to square off the wrists but that can wait for later.
ACtC-3fvHVkHzHjEHueEuXW8iRQtJGj2ReJgzvUR

Forearms - Trimming

The right forearm has a definite flat spot on both sides of the top piece as seen in the top photo.  My thought is to measure down 8mm from there and make my cut. (red arrows on the bottom photo).  The bottom piece of the forearm would then be trimmed to fit.  The left arm's top piece would be trimmed to the same measurements as the right and then the bottom piece would be trimmed to fit as well.
Does this sound like a good plan?
ACtC-3dNGeEqf_Qouy1pCf0NikXGN658Gk96dZX9