DZFireMedic-ANH TK Stunt Build

Well here it goes... I'm actually late to starting this thread because I could not wait to get started and I've been doing a ton a reading, research, been super busy, life, blah, blah. So the official BBB day was May 17th and have taken things out, sorted them, and just done some general inventory. I went with the AM armor due to my size and research suggested AM was better for a larger trooper build. I'm 6'4", around 220lbs on a good day, so yes I'm very excited to get things moving along. As I'm writing this, I've done quite a bit of reading and utilized Mr. Eric Dyck's youtube videos for assembling TK helmets. VERY helpful! and I've gone with Ukswrath's 1.o TK build to help me with the majority of my build. Thank you so much Tony if you happen to read this! So here are some pics of the first few days of excitement... ALSO I will be shooting to integrate as many Centurion elements as I can, SO PLEASE feel free to critique!

kE2YNQ8.jpg

pUrz3Lv.jpg

Edited by DZFireMedic

So here are some updated pics of my in progress bucket... HUGE thanks again to Eric Dyck's YouTube channel. 

Set up a small area to work.

bJnCesE.jpg

Added decals, installed the brow, and got things lined up and clamped.

jsMl4gp.jpg

Installed the visor and ears, and tube tripes. PLEASE let me know if there are any critiques.

cvSSgrX.jpg

OV1yHHW.jpg

Got the teeth and ears painted and the frown mesh installed. DAMN YOU hot glue gun!

pWABNMG.jpg

Got the "beard" and ears finished up. 

Vb0Ujx3.jpg

n5XS70v.jpg

Hovi mics were painted and installed next...

2BptE60.jpg

I also installed these little cap nuts on all the exposed threads inside the bucket for a little safety. 

nWFULYR.jpg

Going to be working on the finishing touches tonight. Went to the store(s) to get some of the other tools and equipment needed, but looks like I'll have to order some of the odd snaps and stuff online. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Side note-I'm also ordering parts for a Line Officer build. The tunic and pants are custom so it'll take a while, so It'll be a little race on which one I actually get done with first since there is TONS more work involved in a TK build than just waiting around for some custom outfit to arrive. However, I went ahead and ordered some other parts of the build off ETSY. 

Canvas belt: Trooperbay

Neck seal: DarmansProps

E11 blaster holster: DarmansProps

AND the Imperial boots wave just opened so I just ordered some White TK boots and a Balaclava. 

Tony, I'm truly honored for your visit! Thank you so much again for what you do! 

My neck seal and holster arrived. I'm very impressed.

sZCO5HA.jpg

s5eYIhn.jpg

Final pics of the completed stunt helmet coming soon!

So today while the kids napped I got the final sanding done on the underside of the lid, installed the cushioning and S-Trim. Im calling this thing done for now!

iRh2fVg.jpg

wqVX8um.jpg

Final front and side profile pics:

99uSrE1.jpg

1hdu1o5.jpg

tozzM2J.jpg

I also got started on trimming the forearm pieces. I used the score and snap technique which worked quite well. I got rid of the return edges on the ends of the forearms. I am still a little clueless on which is right or left. If anyone can help out with that, I would appreciate it! I have read that the piece with the larger elbow clearance is for the right side to accommodate it being bent more while holding a blaster, but that's all I've found so far. I'll be doing more reading and youtube research for sure. 

GXqDgCh.jpg

btbKvzg.jpg?1

Looking good, you may want to straighten the brow trim, it's on a slight slant.

You may want to remove a little of the paint from the gum area of the teeth. Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

ANHSTUNTfrown2

Also clean up the black lines on the ears. 

• Like 1

Brow trip adjusted, and paint was given some attention. 

Tonight I banged out some more return edges on the biceps and the forearms. Got them looking good and ready to size and trim. I'm waiting for some rare earth magnets to arrive in the mail so I can do a proper glue up. I'm still a bit clueless on how to size these biceps and forearms and which go on which arm. PLEASE HELP if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

gx2kCTs.jpg

HafFoXg.jpg

Got those wrist return edges gone for Centurion.

HaD7DXz.jpg

Plugged away some more tonight. I've gotten the bicep inner slips glued in, and the fist inside strips on the forearms glued up. Im finally getting the hang of the limbs so far. I also got my calves sized and trimmed down and prepped to glue, but I'm waiting for more agents to arrive via Amazon. The thighs are also trimmed to the appropriate 10mm on each front half. Calling it quits for tonight! Thanks!

1KvKRbt.jpg

kJLinsl.jpg

icSMPEr.jpg

Looking good Derek. Just a heads up the hovi screens should sit just inside the lip of the tip itself. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning.  Keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

Hovi%20tip.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday I got a lot of work done. 

And piece drilled and snaps added:

Split rivet!

2UtciFT.jpg

jofuxJX.jpg

SZZtORV.jpg

Rear armor snaps: (Might end up changing these depending how they fit according to Ukswraths build...)

CuJgBW2.jpg

35U95qN.jpg

Thighs sized, cut, and glue up started:

RT8vYY6.jpg

eGk1E8C.jpg

Some painting:

65I3At3.jpg

oEGbMlX.jpg

c6n3e2J.jpg

Made some snaps for later...Soldering iron worked great for making holes in the nylon and elastic:

68UOpEL.jpg

Started on the belt:

oyAex4Y.jpg

Tonight:

Trimmed and added the AB buttons that were finished:

mrNbpYl.jpg

Added the shoulder straps to the chest:

byl1oVy.jpg

Finally got to add some outer cover strips to the biceps:

TkMcQUn.jpg

JjoRRCb.jpg

Started trimming up some more strips for forearms and the calfs:

amNtIWX.jpg

Also tinkered around with the TD some...

LETS GET THIS DONE! Also my black compression top came in... Its from TESLA, its very snug but it looks good. Just waiting for the bottoms to come in tomorrow.

• Like 1

Black compression bottoms came in...Did someone mention that these were SNUG haha!

Cover strip glue ups today!

First forearm:

K5NCxnD.jpg

Shins:

ZGodKkA.jpg

Rear strips for the thighs:

YyidxSV.jpg

And belt drop boxes:

MSKpCKO.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve gotten all the limbs assembled and tried a few test fits:

e2c05aa0b2f6f2d9c37abbbf972da94a.jpg

3fa01d7c126dffaf9c259e3d96f76ffb.jpg

b00bc03c08019cc245a8b7f5c85f1c9c.jpg

I have some ideas on how to suspend the thighs, however trying to keep the shins from shifting around and maintaining the appropriate space from the thighs I’m still researching. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve gotten all the abdomen and kidney plates assembled with what I hope will be Centurion approvals methods:

15b4650cc27b9260b0082752cf423134.jpg

58277256874__945C27AF-EC13-49F6-A5E1-6DCF5B11DE11.jpg

dd7a47a9d91766798e9fd091261253db.jpg

Chest plate attached with the floating shoulder straps as well:

3380f7b08b8360dc088ecd51b394db8a.jpg

5cde3f1ee33116c769083295b5dce663.jpg

a5c37b6dcc0f553d3ea1d60881ac8323.jpg

1513c5feb0163d19f6651243d0d87b47.jpg

123f3846d91fbb535a93724175a265bd.jpg

Gloves assembled, although not higher level approvable, I’m hoping they will pass for basic until I can get the latex guards:

96a8d04f18e03f74963d03c7e1ad321b.jpg

4aa75a374053674458918ff7ec528075.jpg

FINALLY was able to do a FULL test fit:

Lighting is terrible, please forgive me...

26fce4ffe7e85b73c17166f58f41789d.jpg

6836befbe9d5612439ed2d050e751171.jpg

Please disregard TD position

6807e2d64ca430292e17f02abf825d37.jpg

fae2c896c9d298ec56516a69509d7e1d.jpg

TAKEAWAYS:

Looking to try and bring in the shoulder bells a bit. Not sure how to accomplish that just yet.

Looking to be able to secure shins better as well so the don’t float down or to the sides.

Also got a little fan system for my helmet I’ll seen be installing! Thanks UKSWRATH! Looking forward to that.

If anyone has pointers for my test fit, please let me know.

Just a tad bit of painting to do for the rivets and screws left otherwise. Thanks all!

• 3 months later...

I had my shoulder snaps fail on a troop and had to get creative. I finally broke down and taught myself how to sew on snaps and I’m very happy with them!

047f0d2f7b5c6b6dc5f57fca92d34eb7.jpg

b817d2fd9aca18660d6386cb51decaed.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, I got caught once and since then upgraded most areas that take strain to double snaps, great to have a spare if one lets go ;) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DZFireMedic said:

I had my shoulder snaps fail on a troop and had to get creative. I finally broke down and taught myself how to sew on snaps and I’m very happy with them!

047f0d2f7b5c6b6dc5f57fca92d34eb7.jpg

I see a lot of people sewing the snap in the wrong place as you have. They should be sewn toward the inner edge of the strap, 

bgXdjR0.jpg