TK-42128 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (917)

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Just a note to day GREAT job on those changes, sir!  It's always fantastic to see someone who takes suggestions to heart and wants to have an awesome looking set of armor.  Well done!  :salute:

Thank you, that really means a lot.  I've always been that way.  I like to take everything suggestion to heart and do above and beyond the call of duty, without losing my the flexibility of reality.  This means nothing to me other than that it personally satisfies my interest in doing the best that I can to present the best that I can.  I'm matching my others to be identical to this one so that I have one to troop in and take beatings in and one to keep for exceptional performances that is top.  Everyone in 501st have been so helpful, and so welcoming and so nice.  So this is an honor for me, especially with all else that I do in life.  This is such an awesome area for me to play in and enjoy and let loose.  You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough.  I want to take this to Centurion as fast as possible.  Such an honor.

Long live the Empire.

Hi you guys, sorry to bother you.  I just don't want this to be overlooked.  I have some time now and I just want to make sure I get this taken care of and move on to Centurion Application while I have time.  Thank you again.  I really and sincerely appreciate all of your time and input.

2 minutes ago, equuspolo said:

Hi you guys, sorry to bother you.  I just don't want this to be overlooked.  I have some time now and I just want to make sure I get this taken care of and move on to Centurion Application while I have time.  Thank you again.  I really and sincerely appreciate all of your time and input.

Hey Ardeshir

You are not beeing overlooked, we´re almost there:salute:

37 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Ardeshir

You are not beeing overlooked, we´re almost there:salute:

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.  Appreciate it very much.

• Like 1

• msouza changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (916)

Hi Ardeshir,

Thanks for your EIB application!! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Lets start at the top and work our way down shall we? 

Great job on cleaning up the frown area and adding the weathering to the Hovi Tips, Like I said earlier Anovos has a habit of adding a little to much paint on the frown and looks like they did the same on the V-Coder. Using the same method you did with the frown & it'll make a big difference.  

Reference Image 

tUxKd34.jpg       a00nMKD.jpg

Also lately Anovos seems to be assembling the helmets with the ears in a vertical position. Ideally the ear aligns like the reference image below, you can see the screws line up with the rear angle of the top trap.  While correcting this is only a suggestion,  it is not a requirement on any level to fix.  We thought we would point this out to you in case you felt like trying for a little more screen accuracy.

Reference Image

fLvtktG.jpg  R3uIWhB.jpg

Moving on to your Mid section,

One thing that has been brought to my attention  and after looking a little deeper I agree with is to enlarge the paint just a little bit on the ab buttons. 

While most new troopers tend to get a bit over zealous and make them to big. You seemed to air on the side of caution, I added the red layer to yours with a correct diameter circle so you can see what we're talking about. The one thing I did when painting mine was to tape off then use a stencil that matched the hole. This way it keeps it off the midsection about an 1/8 of an inch and the stencil keeps the diameter at 7/16" or 11 mm.

Reference Photos 

YzjIoxZm.jpg   SFLyAkpm.jpg    YweV4k3m.jpg

Also take a look at the strapping that attaches the butt plate to the kidney plate on the right side, looks like that could be readjusted and tightened up a bit to allow the armor to sit better. I would check the COD strap as well as that would help pull the armor into place if it has a tendency to rise. I found that switching

from an elastic to a nylon type material strap helps, and as an added bonus this will help close the gap from the back of your thighs to give you that clean line we strive for.

Reference Image 

mGr72mdm.jpg       QR8mxbEm.jpg   

I would also like to suggest taking a look at the length on the strapping to your thighs, Looks as if you can adjust it about a 1/2" or so higher to even the top of your thighs and close the gap between them and the cod piece. 

Reference Image 

4tMoZfMm.jpg  6C9k7Qjm.jpg

The last suggestion I'll make is on the length of your belt. The one thing you'll notice that you can't see is the end of his belt, It's hidden behind the Thermal Detonator. This is just one more example of how big clean lines play a role and help portray an image in this franchise.  This is an easy fix that should take about 10 minutes with a sewing machine and white thread. Just don't forget to hem the seam to keep it from coming unraveled.

Reference Photo

gG6DqjI.jpg     i9mKmk8.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The following adjustments & changes will need to be made prior to achieving Centurion

Per CRL "Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white."

Anovos for some reason uses a different type of screw for the bottom of the ears that are not a flat countersunk screw, any local hardware / home depot should have the proper screws so you could change them out quickly & add a drop of white paint to them. 

Reference Photo 

h5OEgr8m.jpg   fqWQhoqm.jpg

Per CRL " There should be minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates." 

Moving down to your shoulders, I think its an alignment issue but you will need to double check your return edges and snap location and that should close your gap. If your have a hard time closing the gap you can check your bicep sizing and see if you could reduce them. This will help bringing the shoulder bells in as well. 

Reference Photo

sMDmQb4m.jpg  PKo3cnUm.jpg 6lIFhSYm.jpg

PER CRL"Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box."

Moving on to the midsection once again great job at taken the advice of your fellow troopers on the ab buttons and squaring them off. 

One more thing you can do is add a bit of E6000 to the drop box loops to keep them aligned & not have to worry about them sliding out of place.  

Reference Image 

yvqsv20m.jpg  QR8mxbEm.jpg

Per CRL

Canvas belt can not contain patches of any sort.

Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging

Another thing I will bring up is the hi-lighted area on your belt. I will ask for a close up & clear picture of this as it seems to have been patched and also creased  around the Chicago screws. As Centurion is the highest level we feel that the belt needs to be replaced with a more rigid one without patching.

tZOI9Ht.jpg

Per CRL  Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. The heads are rounded or domed.  Rivets are painted white.

As your fellow troopers have mentioned check you rivet spacing on the ab section as it seems a bit off, this is an easy fix with a little abs paste & effort, while you're there you can touch up the paint on the kidney rivets. 

Reference Photo. 

vLGL82Vm.jpg     FJC0HD8m.jpg

Lastly, while you're adjusting your drop boxes as mentioned above, you may want to add a piece of Velcro to help keep your belt in place. Take a look at the reference photo below where the belt covers the bottom bit of the fourth ab button. Looks like yours is close but it may have slid a bit. I highlighted is where it should be resting. 

Reference Photo 

1mNW3uLm.jpg   CFvrNurm.jpg

Overall you've done a great job building your armor and also you've shown the willingness to not only take your fellow troopers advice but you've implemented it and in return you have one great set of armor. Well done Trooper - congrats and see you at Centurion!! 

• msouza changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (917)
2 hours ago, msouza said:

Hi Ardeshir,

Thanks for your EIB application!! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Lets start at the top and work our way down shall we? 

Great job on cleaning up the frown area and adding the weathering to the Hovi Tips, Like I said earlier Anovos has a habit of adding a little to much paint on the frown and looks like they did the same on the V-Coder. Using the same method you did with the frown & it'll make a big difference.  

Reference Image 

tUxKd34.jpg       a00nMKD.jpg

Also lately Anovos seems to be assembling the helmets with the ears in a vertical position. Ideally the ear aligns like the reference image below, you can see the screws line up with the rear angle of the top trap.  While correcting this is only a suggestion,  it is not a requirement on any level to fix.  We thought we would point this out to you in case you felt like trying for a little more screen accuracy.

Reference Image

fLvtktG.jpg  R3uIWhB.jpg

Moving on to your Mid section,

One thing that has been brought to my attention  and after looking a little deeper I agree with is to enlarge the paint just a little bit on the ab buttons. 

While most new troopers tend to get a bit over zealous and make them to big. You seemed to air on the side of caution, I added the red layer to yours with a correct diameter circle so you can see what we're talking about. The one thing I did when painting mine was to tape off then use a stencil that matched the hole. This way it keeps it off the midsection about an 1/8 of an inch and the stencil keeps the diameter at 7/16" or 11 mm.

Reference Photos 

YzjIoxZm.jpg   SFLyAkpm.jpg    YweV4k3m.jpg

Also take a look at the strapping that attaches the butt plate to the kidney plate on the right side, looks like that could be readjusted and tightened up a bit to allow the armor to sit better. I would check the COD strap as well as that would help pull the armor into place if it has a tendency to rise. I found that switching

from an elastic to a nylon type material strap helps, and as an added bonus this will help close the gap from the back of your thighs to give you that clean line we strive for.

Reference Image 

mGr72mdm.jpg       QR8mxbEm.jpg   

I would also like to suggest taking a look at the length on the strapping to your thighs, Looks as if you can adjust it about a 1/2" or so higher to even the top of your thighs and close the gap between them and the cod piece. 

Reference Image 

4tMoZfMm.jpg  6C9k7Qjm.jpg

The last suggestion I'll make is on the length of your belt. The one thing you'll notice that you can't see is the end of his belt, It's hidden behind the Thermal Detonator. This is just one more example of how big clean lines play a role and help portray an image in this franchise.  This is an easy fix that should take about 10 minutes with a sewing machine and white thread. Just don't forget to hem the seam to keep it from coming unraveled.

Reference Photo

gG6DqjI.jpg     i9mKmk8.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The following adjustments & changes will need to be made prior to achieving Centurion

Per CRL "Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white."

Anovos for some reason uses a different type of screw for the bottom of the ears that are not a flat countersunk screw, any local hardware / home depot should have the proper screws so you could change them out quickly & add a drop of white paint to them. 

Reference Photo 

h5OEgr8m.jpg   fqWQhoqm.jpg

Per CRL " There should be minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates." 

Moving down to your shoulders, I think its an alignment issue but you will need to double check your return edges and snap location and that should close your gap. If your have a hard time closing the gap you can check your bicep sizing and see if you could reduce them. This will help bringing the shoulder bells in as well. 

Reference Photo

sMDmQb4m.jpg  PKo3cnUm.jpg 6lIFhSYm.jpg

PER CRL"Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box."

Moving on to the midsection once again great job at taken the advice of your fellow troopers on the ab buttons and squaring them off. 

One more thing you can do is add a bit of E6000 to the drop box loops to keep them aligned & not have to worry about them sliding out of place.  

Reference Image 

yvqsv20m.jpg  QR8mxbEm.jpg

Per CRL

Canvas belt can not contain patches of any sort.

Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging

Another thing I will bring up is the hi-lighted area on your belt. I will ask for a close up & clear picture of this as it seems to have been patched and also creased  around the Chicago screws. As Centurion is the highest level we feel that the belt needs to be replaced with a more rigid one without patching.

tZOI9Ht.jpg

Per CRL  Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. The heads are rounded or domed.  Rivets are painted white.

As your fellow troopers have mentioned check you rivet spacing on the ab section as it seems a bit off, this is an easy fix with a little abs paste & effort, while you're there you can touch up the paint on the kidney rivets. 

Reference Photo. 

vLGL82Vm.jpg     FJC0HD8m.jpg

Lastly, while you're adjusting your drop boxes as mentioned above, you may want to add a piece of Velcro to help keep your belt in place. Take a look at the reference photo below where the belt covers the bottom bit of the fourth ab button. Looks like yours is close but it may have slid a bit. I highlighted is where it should be resting. 

Reference Photo 

1mNW3uLm.jpg   CFvrNurm.jpg

Overall you've done a great job building your armor and also you've shown the willingness to not only take your fellow troopers advice but you've implemented it and in return you have one great set of armor. Well done Trooper - congrats and see you at Centurion!! 

Wow thank you guys so so much and I can not thank you enough for all of the guidance and willingness to help me along with everything.  I will get on the changes for the next level for Centurion status.  I appreciate every bit of time and effort you guys put in my review.  I do have a couple of questions.

I am going to go through this line by line for my own references as well.  So thank you in advance for you time and patience.

1:  The helmet, I thought that looked wrong to me as well and will get to cleaning that up asap.  So no problem there.

2:  The ears I do have a question about as I have watched A New Hope god knows how many couple of hundred times.  So the question that I have is that I purposely angled the left ear, but the right ear was left horizontal as I saw quite a few helmets that were like that.  Now is that a Hero helmet thing or just a suggestion based off of one helmet?

3:  The Ab button paint.  Do you have a reference for a paint that I can buy that is the exact color of the ab buttons? 

4:  Rear butt plate, I was irritated by that already and have already remedied that problem.

5:  The gap between the legs, is easy, as I adjust it via the belt and I can close that gap no problem at all.  It is there for ease of movement for me, so I can adjust it as I like.

6:  Belt is not a problem at all, as it has again irritated me as well and already started working on it. 

7:  Gaps on the shoulder pauldrons.  Again, not a problem and already started on that as well and pretty well resolved.

8:  Belt sitting up higher again is not an issue.  Super easy.

9:  The buttons on the side.  The rivets.  This is the only one that I have a problem with.  I don't want to damage the integrity of the armor, so I don't have much flexibility here.  they are super super close to the measurements on the photo.  The problem I have with the photo is that even on that photo, you can see that the measurements of the 10mm and the 20mm and so forth don't all match.  And since I have worked on a ton of feature films and shows and my friends are big time prop masters and I also spoke intensely with the editor of A New Hope on a project that I worked on with him, they told me these were all hand made and all just crammed together.  I would have to very very very respectfully say that I have a hard time believing that hand made items like that were measured out to the mm on that.    There has to be some flexibility on this one subject matter, right?  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, because I would have to cut away on my armor and really challenge the integrity of the armor.

Ok, thank you so so much for your input and I am going to get to work on all of the changes requested.  Thank you for this honor.

What do I need to do next?  Do I need to fill something out or finalize the EIB in any way?

Thank you and long live the Empire.

Ardeshir

TK-42128

43 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

Congratulations trooper, Welcome to EIB.

Thank you very much and I am honored to be a part of the 501st.  Thank you Sir.

Ardeshir

TK-42128

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

Congratulations Ardeshir, welcome to EIB :salute:

Thank you Andrew.  I am honored to be a part of the 501st.  Thank you sir.

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Congratulations Ardeshir, great job.  :salute:

Thank you Tony.  Appreciate it sir and honored to be with you guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Finally there, congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI ranks

Thank you sir and it is an honor. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all of the input and the positive feedback and also the amazing welcomes. I am honored to be a part of Expert Infantry.  Do I need to do anything else, fill out anything else, apply for anything else, go through any other process?  My next step is to follow your suggestions and get on to the Centurion approval process.  I just want to make sure I have done everything I need to here.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:53 PM, equuspolo said:

Thank you everyone for all of the input and the positive feedback and also the amazing welcomes. I am honored to be a part of Expert Infantry.  Do I need to do anything else, fill out anything else, apply for anything else, go through any other process?  My next step is to follow your suggestions and get on to the Centurion approval process.  I just want to make sure I have done everything I need to here.

If you haven't done so yet post up your request for certificate here :jc_doublethumbup:

4 hours ago, msouza said:

If you haven't done so yet post up your request for certificate here :jc_doublethumbup:

I just did Mike.  Thank you very much.  I put your name as the person who approved me.  I am assuming  that is correct.  Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, equuspolo said:

I just did Mike.  Thank you very much.  I put your name as the person who approved me.  I am assuming  that is correct.  Thank you very much.

Certificate issued, sir, and congratulations!!  :salute:

19 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Joseph, thank you very much.  How do I get it? 

On 6/13/2019 at 3:31 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Joseph, question for you.  What is  the certificate?  Is this something I get in the mail or download or just something that is virtual on here?  Thank you very much.

Ardeshir Radpour

TK-42128

Your certificate was added to your request post here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40769-request-your-eib-certificate-here/?do=findComment&comment=658427

Just click the link provided there to access a digital copy of your certificate to save and print out. :)

Congrats on EIB!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Your certificate was added to your request post here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40769-request-your-eib-certificate-here/?do=findComment&comment=658427

Just click the link provided there to access a digital copy of your certificate to save and print out. :)

Congrats on EIB!

Eric, thank you so much.  Long live the empire brother.

Ardeshir

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TKSpartan said:

Welcome to the ranks Ardeshir, another EIB Trooper and next Centurion I hope.!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Mario thank you very much brother.  Yes Centurion next.  I have almost everything compiled.  Just want to make a couple of tiny changes and then repost for centurion for sure. 

• Like 1