Imperial Stormtrooper ANH Stunt Build

Greetings Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but today I officially began the process of acquiring my TK armor. I spent nearly a month looking through my options in order to best choose my character, film, and most difficult of all, my seller. I finally decided on RS Prop Masters, I got into contact with them and they were very helpful, very thorough, and fast acting. Excellent customer service so far. It sounds like I have about eight to twelve weeks of waiting ahead of me before “Big Brown Box Day”, and I’ll be waiting with as much patience as I can muster. Thank you all for your help so far, looking forward to posting pictures when my armor finally arrives and continuing this build thread.

For the glory of The Empire!

Edited by Order and Justice
  • Like 1

Welcome to FISD and congrats on placing the order! Now comes the hard part... waiting. :lol:

There's a wealth of great threads and build advice to read on here in the mean time. You could also start collecting your soft pieces like neck seal, undersuit, etc. I'm not sure what all the RS kit comes with, but there's a great supply list here:

Have a GREAT time!! Keep us posted and ask plenty of questions, even before BBB day. It'll be here before you know it! :salute:

• Like 2

Hope you get your BBB sooner than later! As Brendan mentioned, now is a great time to start collecting your build supplies and your soft parts!

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase, Cameron!  Take advantage of the wait time and research all you can.  Check out the other builds for ideas and check out the Centurion application threads for examples of how to make your armour the best it can be.  Good luck with the build!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

• Like 1

RS Armor will serve you well Cameron.

I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

All the best on your TK journey! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see the build. RS is a very accurate and vetted set of armor, but might be a little harder to assemble because of its awkward construction. As other have said, keep doing research because no matter how much you think you know, there is always something that can be learned to improve your build and the experience. It would also make mistakes less likely to happen if your are certain about what you are trying to do.

Also, do you plan on going for EIB or Centurion? RS armor is very fitting for such because of it's lineage and of you bought the strapping kit then you would have centurion level straps where they are needed. Just a little something to improve the overall look of your trooper and be proud of what you've done, but what ever you aspire towards is up to you and what you want from your set.

Good luck on this whole process, and just enjoy the twisted ride that will likely ensue.

• Like 1

Hey Cameron and welcome to FISD:salute:

But 8-12 weeks for a kit? They usually ship kits within days and a commission is said to take about 6 weeks...are you sure it wasn´t 8-12 days:)

Anyhooo...great choice going with RS and as far as accuracy goes they have an original suit they copied so can´t go wrong there:duim:

Building an RS suit is "easier" than most think, the original sculptors really nailed it and it comes together beautifully, I did not say symetrically:P Doing your research is an important step in becoming a Stormtrooper so be sure to browse the build section and look for the [RS] prefix and you will find great reference for when your kit arrives.

Just some TK-Beauty to get the momentum going:dancing-trooper:

rkqJIUC.jpg

• Like 1

First of all,

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm honored to be working towards becoming a member of such a friendly group of people. Yes, RS informed me that my order will take eight weeks to build, it is a commission made to my measurements and specifications. I'm alright with waiting, it'll be worth the wait I'm sure. I am very much interested in qualifying for EIB and Centurion, I ordered not only the armor, but also the helmet, the blaster, the soft pieces, the body suit, and the strapping. I've been doing research into checklists for EIB and Centurion and I look forward to seeing my armor in person so I can evaluate the small details more closely. Thanks again everyone, I'll be in the forums preparing myself for BBB day!

For the glory of The Empire!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well,

"Big Brown Box" day finally arrived! RS Propmasters provided my full commissioned TK Armor in a timely manner and I'm very pleased! It took about forty days from start to finish for the armor to be created and prepared for shipping, again it's built to my personal body measurements so that added some time I'm sure. Once it was complete, it shipped in just a few days, and when I arrived home from work on Monday, there were two big brown boxes waiting for me. My kit included a full commissioned ANH Stunt armor, a canvas belt with a leather holster, a standard issue Blastec E-11 Blaster, and everything else I need to begin the process of joining the 501st Legion. I now have a solid foundation on which to build upon, I'm very happy with the final result and very excited to get started in earnest.

IMG_0258 2 (512x640).jpg

IMG_0260 2 (512x640).jpg

Great news, as mentioned shoulders could come in a bit, thighs up also and if possible try to drop your ab/cod, will reduce the gap around the tops of your thighs. 

• Like 1