Warning: Diversity Props

JTninja

This is a warning for those looking to purchase from Diversity Props.

There are numerous people in a kit collectors group on facebook reporting of unanswered communication attempts with Diversity Props. Some are saying Wayne has gone out of business, some get the "its almost done" bit and then nothing more, and a few having difficulties getting a refund, having to go through paypal by filing a claim.

If you currently have a kit on order, I recommend attempting to contact him to get a firm update on your kits status. If you are thinking of purchasing a kit from them, make sure you have solid communication with them before attempting to purchase, and when using paypal, make sure that there is a fee for good and services, in the event you may need a refund. 

There may be a reason why Wayne is unavailable right now, and hopefully that is rectified quickly.

Please note, this is not an attempt to slander Wayne or Diversity Props, but merely a warning to those who are financially involved and may be at risk. I hope that whatever is going on gets fixed asap, so I can delete this post, and the membership can continue to have a trusted armor supplier. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I'm still trying to get a refund for a pistol and blaster I ordered about a year ago.contatc is bad by Wayne but he has promised me over and over that I will get refund..has been a year though.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

I talked to Diversity and this is what they had to say.

"1st. i told everybody i have quit props. 2nd i will continue on 2 armours as a hobby. 3rd the mudtrooper was a complex armour with 50% castings. and people werent happy with the castings. "

I have a FOTK on order through them. Yes it has taken longer than expected. However, my experience thus far has been good. Wayne has been upfront with me along the way explaining the challenges he has come across and what he has done to overcome them. He has been quick to respond when I have had questions or update. I switched to Diversity because the previous supplier wouldn't give me a straight answer at all and strung me along from one promised delivery date to the next.

I don't know what challenges or complaints others have but I wanted to put in my experience with them.

• Like 1

I think warnings like this are okay overall. Coming from the standpoint of being a guy who was cheated by a few vendors, had to dispute through Visa each time before I went with a vetted vendor, it’s just too much to put buyers at risk. Especially so when sometimes getting armor can take longer than the dispute period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To add to the story, I believe I'm correct is stating this but Wayne is only a middle man. He buys the costumes and related goods packages them into full kits then resells them.

20 hours ago, ukswrath said:

To add to the story, I believe I'm correct is stating this but Wayne is only a middle man. He buys the costumes and related goods packages them into full kits then resells them.

Not for all the costumes he offers (offered?). He was a reseller for Jimmiroquai's kits in Europe, but he was also offering for sale few costumes he of his making. Such as Imperial Ground Crew, Mudtrooper. Those costumes being among the worse quality products I've ever seen by the way. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Not for all the costumes he offers (offered?). He was a reseller for Jimmiroquai's kits in Europe, but he was also offering for sale few costumes he of his making. Such as Imperial Ground Crew, Mudtrooper. Those costumes being among the worse quality products I've ever seen by the way. 

Thanks for the additional Germain. I knew he made some props but wasn't aware he made costumes

I have spoken to Wayne, he has encountered problems in making First Order Armour, he has now sorted the problems out and is progressing well with armour, which should be finished in about a month or two.

The only 2 costumes he is now making is the FOTK and inferno squad. i personally feel he took on too much and has grossly undelivered. 

It took them several months to get me my FOTK Heavy trooper vest, and even then the quality is pretty poor IMO, lot of scuffed material on the webbing and what looks like stains?  No idea but hope it cleans out, some wiping with water is not getting the spots out.  They told me my vest was shipping and then about a month later when I asked for an update, I was told it wasn't done yet.  Took several more weeks and then more weeks after for shipping.

And of course, 2 main components of the harness are missing, I've been asking now for more than a month.  A month and a half ago I was told they would ship the missing parts right away, never happened, asked for an update couple weeks later and was told that they needed to check, no replies now.

The vest would come from Mexico. Aaron Landhers is the tailor. He himself received a bad wrap when starting out as he couldn’t meet the demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, Royal Trooper said:

I have spoken to Wayne, he has encountered problems in making First Order Armour, he has now sorted the problems out and is progressing well with armour, which should be finished in about a month or two.

The only 2 costumes he is now making is the FOTK and inferno squad. i personally feel he took on too much and has grossly undelivered. 

Well I guess that's better news :duim:

1 hour ago, PanzerKraken said:

It took them several months to get me my FOTK Heavy trooper vest, and even then the quality is pretty poor IMO, lot of scuffed material on the webbing and what looks like stains?  No idea but hope it cleans out, some wiping with water is not getting the spots out.  They told me my vest was shipping and then about a month later when I asked for an update, I was told it wasn't done yet.  Took several more weeks and then more weeks after for shipping.

And of course, 2 main components of the harness are missing, I've been asking now for more than a month.  A month and a half ago I was told they would ship the missing parts right away, never happened, asked for an update couple weeks later and was told that they needed to check, no replies now.

..and that's disappointing :duimomlaag:

I too feel I have been taken by DP. Ordered a painted executioner helmet last August with a promised ship time of 4 weeks. Nothing but excuses and misdirection since then. Now I’m just being ghosted. Always “shipping soon”. 

Issues surrounding Diversity Props have been escalated to authorities in Europe by a number of customers.

In addition many PayPal claims have been made.

It’s a sorry state of affairs. I consulted for Wayne for a long time giving him the benefit of time and knowledge. I supported his efforts. It’s something I can no longer do.

He is a good guy but he has seriously lost his way. He over committed, rushed his work to get it out, and ended up supplying poor products.

He has mismanaged his business in to the ground, and flat out lying to customers about delivery won’t help his situation.

It is truly sad to see this happen.

Hi all,

It is a very sorry state of affairs for sure and I am sure there were originally only good intentions by DP at the start. I don’t usually post comments like this but I don’t have anyone else to vent to but other like minded stormtroopers. I originally paid in full for a painted TLJ Executioner helmet early in 2018 after being stung once in late 2017 for a similar helmet. I was promised a 4 to 6 week turn around and all the feedback and communication from DP was awesome including referrals by my garrison members who had good feedback too. After weeks of considering if I should go all in for the armour and a laser axe I paid in full and was expecting the “brown box” to arrive late 2018. There have been many promises, communication saying that my helmet and axe are going to be sent but it’s 14 months later and nothing. At this point in time I have ridden off what I have paid for a helmet, lazer axe and armour plus the first helmet in 2017 by another seller. What stings me the most is that things must have been going down hill long time before we all found out but orders were still being taken for products that were not even pre moulded but the impression I was given was that it was all ready to go. I love Star Wars and have found a second family within the legion and my garrison but it is sad that within such a dedicated community that people are still coming across these issues. One thing is for sure, it hasn’t stopped me from trooping my TK and from getting another kit from RS props but it serves as a reminder to stick to the vetted sellers no matter the cost. I hope that Wayne finds his way back to good health and gets back into a normal life but nothing hurts more than being mislead by a Star Wars fan that abuses the trust of our community.

9 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

Hi all,

It is a very sorry state of affairs for sure and I am sure there were originally only good intentions by DP at the start. I don’t usually post comments like this but I don’t have anyone else to vent to but other like minded stormtroopers. I originally paid in full for a painted TLJ Executioner helmet early in 2018 after being stung once in late 2017 for a similar helmet. I was promised a 4 to 6 week turn around and all the feedback and communication from DP was awesome including referrals by my garrison members who had good feedback too. After weeks of considering if I should go all in for the armour and a laser axe I paid in full and was expecting the “brown box” to arrive late 2018. There have been many promises, communication saying that my helmet and axe are going to be sent but it’s 14 months later and nothing. At this point in time I have ridden off what I have paid for a helmet, lazer axe and armour plus the first helmet in 2017 by another seller. What stings me the most is that things must have been going down hill long time before we all found out but orders were still being taken for products that were not even pre moulded but the impression I was given was that it was all ready to go. I love Star Wars and have found a second family within the legion and my garrison but it is sad that within such a dedicated community that people are still coming across these issues. One thing is for sure, it hasn’t stopped me from trooping my TK and from getting another kit from RS props but it serves as a reminder to stick to the vetted sellers no matter the cost. I hope that Wayne finds his way back to good health and gets back into a normal life but nothing hurts more than being mislead by a Star Wars fan that abuses the trust of our community.

He had us all fooled Matt. He is still showing progress pics of his FOTK build but it’s all too little too late, and having seen his Mudtrooper kit first hand I have serious doubts around quality control.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update on this situation.

There are now 60+ customers launching legal action, chasing refunds, filing disputes, etc, etc.

A hearing room has been set up at the 501st for those affected, with a view to securing evidence that may lead to a dismissal.

DP still appear to be working on the FOTK and sharing updates to a small group of committed buyers.

Sign me up.. got a smashed up blaster missing pieces and no pistol. At least I got some of my order. I know lots that have been properly done over not only in the Ireland garrison but worldwide..

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

I was a victim of DP as well. Lots of false promises. I was promised a 6 week turn around. DP was quick to take the money but failed to deliver. After 6 months, I received a poorly made FOTK vest which was really dirty and a poorly made SE-44c blaster with lots of missing pieces and bits. I regretted from ordering from him and he promised me a refund, but I never received it. I'm shocked to find out people like me received the same feedback as well. It's unfortunate to know things like this happen in our community.

10 hours ago, JAFO said:

A quick update on this situation.

There are now 60+ customers launching legal action, chasing refunds, filing disputes, etc, etc.

A hearing room has been set up at the 501st for those affected, with a view to securing evidence that may lead to a dismissal.

DP still appear to be working on the FOTK and sharing updates to a small group of committed buyers.

Hey Darren, where is the hearing room located ? 

Hey Darren, where is the hearing room located ? 

You have to supply your TKID and username to be able to see it. I’ll shoot you a PM.

If anyone else has had dealings with DP and needs access feel free to message me.