My e11 build (Fieldmarshall kit)

Moussvroum

Does he sell the prism cell and the prisms ?
Yes i got two sets from him for my M19 & M38 scopes.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Wasn’t happy with the front sight guard witch was too much forward on the muzzle.

Fieldmarshall e11

Furthermore, it wasn’t right in the axis of the main tube.

Fieldmarshall e11

I tried to correct this problem with pliers without disassembling the muzzle. Very bad idea. I broke the little hook that maintains the guard :6:

Aluminum is fragile. I think this part should be in steel (Chris, if you read me :icon_beg:)

Fieldmarshall e11

So I decided to sold it on the main tube with bi-component glue (after it was filed and adjusted - won't make the same error 2 times !).

Fieldmarshall e11

Tomorrow, I’ll trim it.

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 2

Front sight guard finished. It was difficult to trim it : I didn't want to remove to much material but I wanted to keep accuracy.

Not perfect but I'm pretty happy. Paint will mask the excess of material. And the front sight guard is stronger.

Fieldmarshall e11

Fieldmarshall e11

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 4:54 PM, Moussvroum said:

Thanks ;)

Some news about the Hengstler replica building.

Fieldmarshall e11

I thought the button wasn’t working with this kit when I saw that there was a spring behind it. After some trimming to remove the paint the button works perfectly.

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I also have to enlarge one of the sensor pin because it was to small.

Fieldmarshall e11

I decided not to add the wires inside the counter because we don’t see them.

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

The holes to fix the rear part were missing. I used adhesive paper to dig exactly at the good place. I dig several diameters successively.

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I wasn’t satisfied with the numbers.

Fieldmarshall e11

I tried to repaint them but I wasn’t satisfied …  I’ve disassemble a real Hengstler counter 260-634 (still have 3 if interested) and I’ve adapted the numbers to the replica (Hengstenstein counter !). The result is fantastic !

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I havn't any TK number so I chose "1977" :)

I made a big mistake when I tried to glue the clear lens with cynolite. The vapor have destroyed the lens. I’ve ordered another one to Chris. Looking for an idea to fix it.

Fieldmarshall e11

WOW    GREAT WORK

]

\

• 2 weeks later...

Time to paint. It's the most difficult part of the build for me. I not very clever with painting .... :6:

After masking some parts and cleaning the other with alcohol, I've applied a flat black primer ( MOTIP MTP-M04052).

Fieldmashall E11Fieldmashall E11Fieldmashall E11

I'll have to sand a little bit the scope rail because I applied to much paint (too close).

I don't think I'll apply a second layer of primer.

I will spay a grey hammered paint (MOTIP MTP-M04017) on the scope and after that a flat black (MOTIP  MTP-M04006). Will decide after that if I use the hammered paint on the main tube or not.

Haven't decided yet if I'll paint the magazine or not.

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Moussvroum said:

(...)   I'll have to sand a little bit the scope rail because I applied to much paint (too close).   (...)

No worries. Let it fully dry, then sand it. When using the spray can, keep the distance that is recommended in the instructions on the can. A couple of thin layers are best to avoid paint tears.

(...)   I will spay a grey hammered paint (MOTIP MTP-M04017) on the scope and after that a flat black (MOTIP  MTP-M04006). Will decide after that if I use the hammered paint on the main tube or not.   (...)

I guess you are doing this to get a structured surface? If so, you might run into the same problem like me: the structure of my hammered paint was not good until I dabbed the wet paint with kitchen paper.

(...)   Haven't decided yet if I'll paint the magazine or not.

The original magazines are just simply black. No structured paint on any surface there. However, you can work with a layer of silver paint underneath the black and then add scratches.

8 hours ago, T-Jay said:

The original magazines are just simply black. No structured paint on any surface there. However, you can work with a layer of silver paint underneath the black and then add scratches.

Thanks Tino. Will keep kitchen paper when painting :P

No structured paint on the magazine. I was wondering if I must apply a flat black layer or not.

20190525_183947

Oh yes, sorry. I forgot you have a real magazine. In that case I would suggest to leave the magazine like it is. Different shades of black do look more believable.

Done.

Another little "accident" : I use latex glowes for painting.  They're full of a white powder (talc ?). I didn't see with the first layer that the powder goes everywhere  and I can see my fingerprints when I take the parts. Fortunately the powder is easy to remove. So one advice : wash the glowes before painting !:blink:

• Like 1

Thanks ukswrath. FM blaster is fabulous.

So, after 3 layers of primer to be sure not to forgive any portion, I did several tests on aluminum bars to find the good black color. I also wanted to test textured paints for the scope.

The flat black primer was good (not a flat black but not satin anyway). I finally decided to use a real flat black paint (MOTIP  MTP-M04006). No textured layer for the main tube, just on the scope.

Picture n°1 : you can see the M38 scope as Chris sells it.

Picture n°2 : I applied 3 layers of a flat black primer (MOTIP MTP-M04052) on all the scope. After drying, I masked the two brass extremities.

Picture n°3 : I used a dark grey hammered paint to give its texture to the scope (MTP-M04017 ). Wasn’t satisfied by my tests on aluminum bars, so I followed Tino’s idea. To enhance the texture, I used a brush to tap the paint when it was drying (sorry Tino, I didn’t use kitchen paper).

Picture n°4 : After drying, I unmasked the scope and I applied 2 layers of flat black paint on all the scope (MOTIP  MTP-M04006). Et voilà !

I will enhance the text in white later. Will also do some weathering.

Fieldmarshall e11

Fieldmarshall e11

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 4

Congrats David. Picture 3 made me worrying at first, but the additional black layers in picture 4 turned it into a fabulous result.

Seems like your research for the perfect paint paid off in the end. The surface looks exactly like on my original scope. :jc_doublethumbup:

I wanted the bolt to look like steel. I’ve masked the parts in contact with the main tube and used the dark grey hammered paint, spraying paint and immediately removing it with a cloth.

- picture 1 : aluminum bolt

- picture 2 : masking and paint

- picture 3- 4 : the result.

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I've also "painted" the M38 scope text (let it snow, let it snooooow ...)

Fieldmarshall e11

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 3

I wanted the bold to look like steel. I’ve masked the parts in contact with the main tube and used the dark grey hammered paint, spraying paint and immediately removing it with a cloth.

- picture 1 : aluminum bold

- picture 2 : masking and paint

- picture 3- 4 : the result.

48643854371_d2e19ffa4c_b.jpg&key=6f3b71b27a2f0e94fc9c2dad9fdd98c3883194ec74aa61c17d58169fa37bd82b48643991257_0956447c1b_b.jpg&key=bff04438a392191675d59d4c4b7ad5fa453b38a4989df16d317785b0c7ace61c48643990897_a3cf60145a_b.jpg&key=9cd75fcb5c97facb7b0a5c9b3f8d085c302adbede6284f0a4a11066f091688e248643854551_b6bde0b4bd_b.jpg&key=15a729e542ce7a8ba85ec32b2f45b7fe0339e38cc1f9aed5de0059b95b8106f9

I've also "painted" the M38 scope text (let it snow, let it snooooow ...)

48643497563_7eacfd91d2_b.jpg&key=e994b37965a6f06366d3c36b8112be6c3b0b21eafacae9d6b67e131dec970aa0

Bold? you mean as bolt?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk