My e11 build (Fieldmarshall kit)

Moussvroum

Hi,
I recently bought a complete E11 blaster kit from Chris Fieldmarshall (sterling replica, M38 scope and rail, T racks, Hengstler counter, sensor type A, real sterling mag).
It was quite complicated to import it in Europe (I'm French) but it's finally at home !
This kit is absolutely incredible and I can't wait to start assembling it. It's a long journey that begins and I want to share it with you.
I send a friendly greeting to Chris with whom I had very good conversations on the phone and on the web! Thanks again to you!

47880306121_288d15cbbd_b.jpg

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 6

It come with any assembly instructions? Was thinking about getting one of these kits and try and put in BlastFX electronics.

Not sure I'm ready for another project yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Hi David, just got lost in your flickr-folders. What a nice collection. Wow.

Now off to a great start with this outstanding blaster kit. :duim:

18 hours ago, ocmano said:

It come with any assembly instructions? Was thinking about getting one of these kits and try and put in BlastFX electronics.

Not sure I'm ready for another project yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

The assembly instructions were in the photo ! ( round in the aluminum pipe tube ;)). They are also here

Thanks p4ntb0y and T-Jay (I think some parts on my first blaster are from you :duim:). As you've seen on Flirck, I love stormtroopers helmets :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

Would love to get my hands on one of these but there is little hope it would ever pass customs here in Australia.

Looks magnificent, make lots of photos of your assembly process.

it looks so good when its laid out like that its making me want to buy one..

how does the magazine housing and trigger housing get attacthed to the tube?

2 hours ago, p4ntb0y said:

(...)   how does the magazine housing and trigger housing get attacthed to the tube?

It is all secured with screws. See here for the magazine housing and here for the trigger housing.

Today I’ve begun the assembly off the magazine.

I’ve cut and sand the little parts of metal (scalpel and Dremel).

20190525_17404120190525_174057

20190525_17465020190525_174650

I advise you to test the threads before assembly to remove the small pieces of metal (I’ve used WD40 to help).

20190525_18014220190525_180108

I’ve cleaned the aluminum parts with a toothbrush and washing-up liquid.

20190525_174809

I’ve cleaned the real steel magazine with WD40 and a toothbrush. Under the dirt I’ve found a little text. I was so happy !

20190525_18435520190525_184928

I’m looking for something to remove the rust.

20190525_183937

I’ve assembled all the parts (I followed Chris tutorial here)

There was just a little problem. The holes off this part were slightly misaligned, so the screw can’t be tight completely and the retention lever can’t move.

20190525_182931b

I’ve decided not to tight to much in order to make the retention lever working. The mag catch makes a beautiful “clic” when you insert the magazine.

20190525_182948

Finally, the result is very good. I’m very satisfied with it.

20190525_18343720190525_183956

20190525_183516

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 1

Today I’ve worked on the handle.

First challenge was to reconstruct the puzzle. Then assembling was easy.

Fieldmarshal e11

I’ve glued the selector to prevent it from rotate when moving the lever.

Fieldmarshal e11Fieldmarshal e11

After that, I’ve had some difficulties to assemble the two parts of the handle (left and right). So I’ve to trim a little the right part and the trigger guard (in red).

Fieldmarshal e11Fieldmarshal e11Fieldmarshal e11Fieldmarshal e11

Everything went fine and I was to finish by fixing the plastic cross to the aluminum part with the transverse screw. My mistake was not to clean the screw thread. May be some little aluminum parts were lying here : my screw was jam and I’ve destroyed in when removing it. Fotunately it didn't broke in the thread !

Fieldmarshall e11

Fieldmarshal e11

Fieldmarshal e11

The thread wasn’t in a good shape but I’ve rebuilt it. Will ask Chris to send me a new transverse screw. So, one advice : clean the thread before screwing ! :wacko:

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 4

Heads up David. Things like that can always happen - to everyone. I am sure Chris will be able to help with a new screw. In the end, the only bad thing will be the waiting time to get it shipped. But you have enough other work to do on this beautiful blaster, so keep the pictures coming. :duim:

• Like 1

Good customer service for a good blaster kit. :duim:

Quick question: when Chris @fieldmarshall uploaded the first pictures of the main receiver tube, I noticed relatively large welding seams on the flash guard and the ejector port guard.

3.png&key=05562bdd4c285978fd3ac43779ce2f

47880306121_288d15cbbd_b.jpg&key=0a06160

Do you think these can be trimmed or sanded down? Or would it become to fragile?

Edited by T-Jay

Hum ... difficult your question is ! Thinking about this I must !

Today I’ve assembled the stock.

Fieldmarshall e11

I’ve sand the little parts of metal with a Dremel.

Fieldmarshall e11

I’ve cleaned and tested the threads (WD40 is my friend !).

Fieldmarshall e11

Then, I've washed all the parts and I’ve followed Chris tutorial here.

Fieldmarshall e11

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

Fieldmarshall e11

The spring plate and shoulder rest didn’t fit well and I’ve trimed the spring plate.

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I must say I’m absolutely bluffed with the precision of the mechanism. It works perfectly !

Fieldmarshall e11

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This week-end I’ve worked on the sensor. I’ve chosen a “type A” sensor.

I’ve dremeled some metal beards (laser cut I think) and I've assembled the two tubes to the main metal part (be careful, the notched end goes to the rear of the sensor) . They match perfectly. I’ve curved the tabs on the steel chassis and glued the tube with cyanolite to prevent them from moving.

Fieldmarshall e11

The three small holes weren't big enough so I’ve to enlarge them in order to pass the capacitor extremity. After that, I’ve cut and twist them with pliers.

I’ve inserted the copper bars and fixed the sensors extremities.

The main difficulty was to assemble the little capacitors. I’ve soldered some of them and glued with cyanolite the others (the paper tape was to prevent fingerprint on tubes with the glue ... ).

Fieldmarshall e11

I’ve cut the extremities of the sensors (diamond disk for Dremel). To fix the sensor to the magazine, I was looking for a way to do that with out drilling the aluminum receiver. I’ve disassembled an old hard disk drive : magnets are very strong and 2 mm thick (may be less). They are strong enough to interact with the real steel magazine under the aluminum receiver and the sensor don’t move (it’s 83gr with the magnet !). 

Fieldmarshall e11

Et voilà ! I'm pretty happy with the result :)

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

Edited by Moussvroum
  • Like 4

Looking good. I like how you attached the power cylinders; I am working on a real sterling and want to keep it original as possible, but also dress it up as a E-11. I think I'll copy your trick. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 8:34 PM, Moussvroum said:

Chris told me today that he sent me a new screw. This man is really a great guy !

I've received the screw. Many thanks Chris.

But the thread wasn’t in a good shape  and I must rebuilt it with a tap. I must be very carefull because the screw is in aluminum and  very fragile. I seems that this particular screw has specific dimensions not very usual.

An other bad news : I must order another hengtler lens. Cynolite vapors have damaging it :wacko: Have to find something to fix the lens without damaging it. Any idea ?

• Like 1

Thanks ;)

Some news about the Hengstler replica building.

Fieldmarshall e11

I thought the button wasn’t working with this kit when I saw that there was a spring behind it. After some trimming to remove the paint the button works perfectly.

I also have to enlarge one of the sensor pin because it was to small.

Fieldmarshall e11

I decided not to add the wires inside the counter because we don’t see them.

The holes to fix the rear part were missing. I used adhesive paper to dig exactly at the good place. I dig several diameters successively.

I wasn’t satisfied with the numbers.

Fieldmarshall e11

I tried to repaint them but I wasn’t satisfied …  I’ve disassemble a real Hengstler counter 260-634 (still have 3 if interested) and I’ve adapted the numbers to the replica (Hengstenstein counter !). The result is fantastic !

Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11Fieldmarshall e11

I havn't any TK number so I chose "1977" :)

I made a big mistake when I tried to glue the clear lens with cynolite. The vapor have destroyed the lens. I’ve ordered another one to Chris. Looking for an idea to fix it.

Fieldmarshall e11

• Like 1