Cod trimming

Rat

So I kept thinking that it was my thought that was causing some occasional bite. But after a troop this past week I realized it is actually my cod that is the cause. How thin of a return edge a return edge is too thin? I'm in an ANOVOS kit if it matters.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Daniel I know they're not required, was just more curious if there is such a thing as too thin for them.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

No.  there is really no "too thin".  You can take them right off - you can even reshape the cod if need be just so long as it has the same general shape and is proportionate to rest of your armour (unless the rest of your armour has obvious return edges - it would look funny).  Also, be sure to sand the return edge right up to 600 or even 1000 grit - this smooth surface will help reduce friction. 

If you are worried about weakening the edges because of the lack of return edge, you can add some strips of ABS to the backside along the edges.  Hope that helps.

• Like 3