Ab Plate Boxes. No seams, flush, or how close?

PanzerKraken

So I see in some people's build they seam filled the ab boxes that are attached around the front of the armors ab plate.  While some leave them floating with a tiny gap?  Is that right you can go either way?  Best way to try and get these boxes flush?

The CRL seems to indicate that they don't need to be seam filled

Just now, Frank75139 said:

I wasn’t sure if he meant the boxes the ab buttons are secured to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were here to help regardless :laugh1:

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Let’s just throw a bunch of answers out there and see what happens.

Like mud on the wall, somethings gotta stick ;)

Oh crap, I was way off. FOTK, not ANH DOE! 

Here's your answer. Movie armor photo. Clearly separate but flush

batch_IMG_1590.jpg

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Ok there we go. My fault didn’t see it was in the TFA section. CRL states it should be flush against the armor so I’m assuming it’s up to the builder. I’ve never built one so maybe we can figure out who has and go from there.

1395ea849dd2ec9dc47d616f165c783f.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FYI this should be updated in the CRL soon. Came up when I was working with a trooper, we ended up having to fill the seams because the staff was new and mistook flush to mean no gaps.

I would get as close as you can, and you can fill if you want but it's not needed. I have ref pics of the movie suits that have visable gaps if you need to argue your point later down the road. But if you haven't painted yet might as well just fill it in.

I better not go to further, I was quite "passionate" about this section of CRL on my last FOTK I built

6 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

FYI this should be updated in the CRL soon. Came up when I was working with a trooper, we ended up having to fill the seams because the staff was new and mistook flush to mean no gaps.

I would get as close as you can, and you can fill if you want but it's not needed. I have ref pics of the movie suits that have visable gaps if you need to argue your point later down the road. But if you haven't painted yet might as well just fill it in.

I better not go to further, I was quite "passionate" about this section of CRL on my last FOTK I built

Not sure how flush can be mistaken for seamless when there are not only Centurion FOTKs that built this correctly and build threads illustrating the fact dating back to 2015.  

TFA and TLJ CRL's will be undergoing a review I believe after the OTTK's ;)