Kentucky Boy

Hey all,

So I've been a middle-of-the-road Star Wars fan my whole life.  Nothing too crazy, but it was always there.  Started when I saw ROTJ in a movie theater. I stumbled upon the 501st last week, and being the artsy-crafty guy I am, I've decided to jump in and see if I can make this thing fly.  Always wanted to get into creature/character design and played with the idea of prototyping cosplay helmets and weapons.  I think that during or after my first build, I'm going to try to merge the process with my interest in sculpting and produce my own armor.  Sounds pretty ambitious, huh?  It's okay, I'm a glutton for punishment!

Anyway, to the administrators who approved my membership to the forum, THANK YOU!  To the members with whom I have already interacted, you've all been extremely nice and helpful!  Very supportive and civil group!!!

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the journey, lot of great info in the Getting Started section, hope to see a build thread from you soon.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Matthew, loads of help available here so dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you need.

• Like 1

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Matthew!  As Q mentioned, the "Getting Started.." section is always the best place to start.  Choosing your armorer is a big decision, and we have 2 threads in that area that will help.  One lets you know about the "vetted" (tried and true) suppliers:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

and the other lets you know who to avoid (and why):

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

This can look like a confusing site to navigate at first as there is a ton of information here, but always feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.  We are here to help!

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Matthew!

We're glad to have you with us!:salute:

Being a Stormtrooper is the best!

Great choice!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

Hi Matthew! Welcome to FISD. Let us know how we can help you with your future build. Cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome Mathew! Lots to read up on but worth every minute of it. Certainly feel free to share your ideas about making your own costumes and props. There are some talented and experienced members here who can share their knowledge and experience in making costumes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurseSparky2019 said:

GO CARDS?!  Do they not screen potential members here???  LOL

:laugh1: Not if they bribe with some Ale8. That will let anyone in. ;)